Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
It's like and experienced chess player against a rookie. You see the moves, but you play the game anyway. Sometimes they will surprise you! Even in the corporate world, it's the same games. The maneuvering, posturing, playing nice with others. The only difference between us and them, is that we know it's a game.

Hmm ... interesting analogy.

Do you have experience of the rookies trying to teach you how to play the game, because you play it differently than them, and in their eyes, they think you're the rookie, so they try to teach you or more precisely, they try to force you to follow them?
Old 06-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world
The first thing is to look at why you are expecting the human animal to act any different than the rest of the local wildlife. In other words get your expectations in line with the reality of being here (acceptance). Make allowances for other's limitations.

Second, stay focused on your 'path' and what is your responsibility. While it may be tempting to try to fix or upgrade other's behavior, its not your responsibility and for the most part not your right to do so.

Third try to remember that you were once not so knowing and wise.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Thanks.

Wanchain

Old souls often have lessons of how to be in the world aware and open of so much.

I tend to just take care of myself.

Self reflect
Self care
Self aware and clear to move more balanced and grounded.

I have a family member who has worked in the corporate world as an open aware, highly sensitive person. She was manager for many years. I was constantly dealing with her venting processors which to me are no different to being in the world and dealing with people and the system in others ways. She is still learning how to find her balance regardless of her own awareness of others and the system. So my guidance to her is to see herself in all situations, take care and keep balanced. She recently moved from corporate to a more compassionate field as a manager and funny thing is, she is still learning lessons about her own balance and the system..Life is funny like that and so are we..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 06-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Do you have experience of the rookies trying to teach you how to play the game, because you play it differently than them, and in their eyes, they think you're the rookie, so they try to teach you or more precisely, they try to force you to follow them?
Very well said. It doesn't make your life easier. Until you remember, that the game is not about "winning", but about playing it. Playing your chosen role.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Old souls often have lessons of how to be in the world aware and open of so much.

I tend to just take care of myself.

Self reflect
Self care
Self aware and clear to move more balanced and grounded.

I have a family member who has worked in the corporate world as an open aware, highly sensitive person. She was manager for many years. I was constantly dealing with her venting processors which to me are no different to being in the world and dealing with people and the system in others ways. She is still learning how to find her balance regardless of her own awareness of others and the system. So my guidance to her is to see herself in all situations, take care and keep balanced. She recently moved from corporate to a more compassionate field as a manager and funny thing is, she is still learning lessons about her own balance and the system..Life is funny like that and so are we..

Good morning, naturesflow,
Nice to say hello again.

I was about to say something similar but decided to read the thread through and came to yours.

All I could add is "Old Soul? Bring your wisdom to the world as best you can."
What you've said I can absolutely chime with. Even when forced to work in a corporation one one can pay lip service - be seen to be doing what's expected as best one can while balancing with principles. It may limit advancement but does the person really want to get ground up in the upper reaches of a soul-less machine? (Even Oxfam is a soul-less machine pretending to have soul.) An elderly soul might say, "I'll do what I have to do to get by. The rest I don't need anyway. It's only money and luxury I can't take with me when my time comes."

Then as you say, "Take care of myself" - all words being operative.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
any more winning is a bit much. I'd rather lose

I meant internally. That internal winning feeling knowing you've made the right choice
Old 06-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
I would like to know more about the career change, because I have been questioning myself about my relationship with my job for at least two years. I have no more inner strength to do this anymore, but I kind of push myself, one day at a time, to continue this "game" thinking that perhaps I am just stressed or unhappy with work, and that it will pass, but it doesn't, and I am not sure if I am just trying to escape reality or what.

I don't like or hate my job. Just neutral.

I have asked myself, if I quit, then what do I want to do? My answer has always been "nothing."

If you're having to use your inner strength to push yourself to do a job then that speaks volumes, IMO. Yes, majority of us have to work, but that doesn't mean we have to be miserable and use precious energy in forcing ourselves to do something we don't enjoy. A lot preach ''I have to pay the bills, you know'' - sure, of course, but does that mean you have to do something that is soul destroying? Not at all. Most are locked in a belief system of doing something - anything - to earn.

It happens a lot when you're evolving; it's very common indeed. You fall out of alignment with what you once liked -or rather - you're aware you probably settled for a role doing something you actually don't really get enjoyment out of. Happened to me. The more I was growing, the more it became very obvious that it was time for a change in direction.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hi all,

I am trying to collect ideas on how an old soul can survive in this world. If you have ideas on how to manage in the corporate world, that would be even better. But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Thanks.

Wanchain
What makes you think you're an Old Soul? Words like 'survive' and 'thrive' seem like strange words for an Old Soul to use - and not just Old ones neither.

Quote:
I think the easiest way to determine soul age is to ask people. :P There's a soul reader here. Also, some intuitive readers can read that too.
Personally I don't think you are, but then that's highly subjective as there's no real 'test'.

From what we've discussed previously in the Life's Purpose thread I think you're at odds with yourself, and when you're at odds with yourself that reflects out and the Universe seems at odds with you. Old Souls would find a way to be comfortable within themselves first and foremost. The trouble with playing games is that often it's hard to know where to draw the line and you just end up playing games with yourself.

The Universe is the way it is for its own reasons, thinking it should be some other way only puts you at odds.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world.

Hi,

Always keep in your mind who you are and shine your light kindly where ever you are. That way prosparity will find you and you will thrive.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 06-03-2018, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
But would be nice to also know if an old soul can thrive in this world
Thrive? By not striving for what society defines as "success", but living according to your own, personal morals instead. By being yourself, no matter what others are thinking. By remembering that you are your own authority, that you are the one who is responsible for your personal well-being, you and no one else. By remembering that it is not your job or Boss or current situation that is making you unhappy, but how you are handling your current situation. By remembering that you always have a choice. By remembering that it sometimes is the "small" things that matter. And so on...