Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 02-05-2017, 05:06 AM
Knower
My best friend is in the hospital because of this

My friend is sort of in trouble... She's surrounded by demons and now she's in a treatment facility. It pretty much all started with one demon. He possessed her one night after hanging around her and giving her terrible thoughts. She hasn't been the same ever since... We talked through her and even more demons surrounded her. He got more powerful and started possesing her more and more often. To talk to me because he was bored. He even came into my dreams where I was sexually assaulted by him and she had to make him stop all contact with me.

He keeps making her life a mess and while she was in the facility, he possessed her and gave her his laugh which made everyone think she was crazy.

Now she's surrounded by even more demons and apparently they're even more dangerous because one of them can actually kill and the only thing that is stopping him is a contract...She says that he does her will! I tried telling her my experiences with demons to try to convince her not to get involved and she got angry and thought I was lying...I haven't heard from her since yesterday and I'm worried.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Pathfinder

This is not uncommon especially when the onset is rapid. I wound up in a psych unit a few times due to spirit attacks. It's mostly treated as hallucination and delusions so your friend won't' get much in the way of understanding or advice.

Have a look at this book
http://www.theisticpsychology.org/bo...ce_spirits.htm

It's a quick read about a psychiatrist who learned about troublesome spirits.

I have heard that sometimes traditional psych meds can help even if the treatment is based on the false premise that it is hallucinations.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Master

These are human created thought forms . Yes mentally ill people can create them .
Old 09-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
These are human created thought forms . Yes mentally ill people can create them .

I notice you typically have the same diagnosis for every situation presented here. Mix it up a little, it makes life more interesting Obviously we can share our opinions here but it sounds like you have one definitive answer. I mean, I'm just curious how you know what it is this person is experiencing?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Master

I do believe in ghosts , the soul of once living people , but I think the true ghosts just hang around and dont do much . Many of my responces include human created thought forums and other kinds of beings .
Old 09-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm sorry I'm gonna have to ask you THAT unwanted question, but what makes you think she is possessed if I may ask? Because people can be quick to blame everything on supernatural occurrences (me too sometimes).
Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Master

Some times its hard to really know what is going on . If its some form of spirit attack or mental illness . Its much harder doing it from 2nd or 3rd hand info .
Old 09-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I do believe in ghosts , the soul of once living people , but I think the true ghosts just hang around and dont do much . Many of my responces include human created thought forums and other kinds of beings .

Do you see a difference between ghosts and spirits? Granted there are many schools of thought on these matters, some intersect and cross over, others are at odds with each other.

For instance, I've read that 'ghosts' are in fact incorporeal fully aware beings but I've also read, in other places, that ghosts can be disintegrating astral shells and / or 'memory' recordings left behind at a specific place. It seems the one distinguishing factor might be their responses under questioning but even then it is said there are some subtle differences.

I tend to think there is a difference between spirits and ghosts at least in how they have been defined in our culture. Western culture has pretty much eradicated the idea of spirit influences in our life, not so true in other parts of the world. Take for example Haiti or various tribes in Africa, where spirits, spirit influence and possession is a given. Granted some of these cultures are not considered to be advanced nations and are viewed as backward but I don't believe we can throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I'm sorry I'm gonna have to ask you THAT unwanted question, but what makes you think she is possessed if I may ask? Because people can be quick to blame everything on supernatural occurrences (me too sometimes).

I agree, people are quick to go to the possession case immediately. It's a fine line and I wouldn't necessarily jump to any conclusion in any of the cases. Bad luck and misfortune has been blamed on the meddling of spirits. On one hand I believe that can be the case but I also can see how a person might just be sabotaging themselves.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Master

There could also be drug or alc. abuse , or abuse from a parent or spouse ect.