Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-03-2018, 04:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If it doesn't involve a risk to anyone, go do it whether it's stupid or not and get it off your chest. If your heart and your mind are at odds, what is that going to do to your Spirituality? You kundalini is going to take a serious hit, if it hasn't already.

What is The Path? And yeah, you're going to tell me that it's all about 'being Spiritual', leading the Spiritual Life and doing the Spiritual practices. But what of Life's Purpose/Karmic Agreements if you believe in those? What if your Soul had decided to do this before you incarnated, and this is its way of saying "hey kiddo, this you signed up for."

Get it out of your system and move on.

I think it’s this straight forward, stern kick up the *** I needed. My kundalini has taken a massive hit you’re right. Thank you
Old 26-03-2018, 04:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
well said! Also be aware of distractions that are keeping you from your goal. I ask myself why am I doing something often, if it's part of my goal I keep doing it. For example my neighbor is vegan and struggles with it at times. I understand her goal there. But if she really wanted to make a difference and not struggle with herself. I would buy locally and from a reputable company or person. Because most often money talks. Even vegetable farmers can subject there worker's to bad conditions. But anyway, asking yourself, is what I am doing a part of my goal or is it a distraction from it.

That’s an excellent way of looking at it! I will try to apply your advice to my life in general. I have realised I have been being a bit silly as I know full well it’s a distraction from my goals. However, I have come to realise that maybe someone/people to talk to about it was all I needed. Thank you
Old 29-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobey
I seemed to be making tremendous progress on my spiritual journey but there's this one thing getting in the way and reversing all of my work and effort.

I know what I need to do but I just can't seem to do it.

Do you have any general advice to help me find my path again?

Thank you.

All paths lead to the same place, they are just different.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Peace,

Centered
Old 01-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Master
I was watching a show about comedian Gary Shandling earlier, and something hit (a few things did, actually). One of his notes wrote "let go of the desire for spirituality, for that is also ego" (loose quote). That's a good sum of how I want to start this post (who knows where it will go now ?!). But I'm thinking about the old idea of earning and learning your way to spirituality, like it's a goal that can be achieved linearly, or an accomplishment that can be constructed by doing "the right things", and how I just don't look at it that way anymore.

Like how spirituality and non-spirituality are maybe not so different, in that they are labels and perspectives we create in reflection of ourselves and others compared to other reflections, and how there is a wholeness of being (everywhere) that encompasses all of what little segments of our lives we call spirituality (and non-spirituality).

Sure, we can create -and live within the framework of- a perspective that grows around the perceived evolution of our awareness , from less self-aware to more self-aware , but I also see that the difference between those two apparent polar opposites can sometimes be small, transient, short-lived, and possibly (ultimately) not real (like everything else of matter and energy . Real and not real . "Relatively stable , relatively autonomous sub-totalities abstracted out from undivided wholeness (so sue me , I'm on a David Bohm kick).

Anyway... this thing about falling off the path or whatever ... I don't know...
From one angle, I've always underachieved , spiritually . I was all into Guru at 15, but spent years 19-31 a complete drunk; the lowest of lows , and spiritually forsaken, suicide, kaput, dead as a dead duck. 30 years ago all that changed , but it's always been sort of ....not what certain parts of me expected, or thought it should be, whatever. I see that nothing ever is what it appears to be , and that's essential to my sanity and contentment. So why always asses and analyze and compare ? I need to just keep moving, because that's all I ever do anyway . Stillness in motion, motion in stillness, whatever .

Our favorite doggie got sick and died almost a year ago and it's been the hardest thing in 30 years . WE're still very sad sometimes, and we were angry about it . There was no way around the pain and angush, no overseeing spiritual wonderment that cured us, or made us feel that this was all part of a beautiful plan or some nonsense . It sucked bad, and still does sometimes , but life goes on. The level of sadness and missing our baby just doesn't go away in a few weeks, or months , and you can't tell me anything about any great wisdom or awareness that removes the reality of the emotions, or speeds up the process .

These things of life are part of our experience here , and we are Spirit manifest; we are the Universe experiencing itself . That's the perspective I have, when I remove value judgements and acquired ideas about meaning and purpose . Meaning and purpose are what we apply later , to try and make some sense out of the Universe experiencing itself . Aspects and understandings flow out of the wholeness and look back upon themselves and create and tell stories, but, bare bones, it is a self-aware cosmos , and we are all (relatively stable , etc.) it . Holographic-type universe (a theory Bohm helped develop) .

This recent period of disconnect from the path ...wasn't even that . It was a choice to not feel connected . I didn't feel like being spiritual , and at the same time, I accepted that perspective as part of my wholeness ; the totality of my experience here . So there's no real "on the path" or "off the path" when I look at things this way ..

Ramble concluded; as you were
Dar

edit : ps: also, now, almost a year later, after the worst sadness is over, I feel my little Zeus the Moose (Chihuahua) over there
beyond the veil, and even though he's more than a little dog now, his spirit is a new way of connecting me to that world. So, what
feels like pain is pain, but the other side of that same coin is connection to the underlying love in all things (as things are not separate things,
it just seems that way) .

Last edited by Swami Chihuahuananda : 01-04-2018 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobey
I seemed to be making tremendous progress on my spiritual journey but there's this one thing getting in the way and reversing all of my work and effort.

I know what I need to do but I just can't seem to do it.

Do you have any general advice to help me find my path again?

Thank you.

I guess you contradict yourself a little ... "making tremendous progress" vs. "reversing all of my work and effort"?

This might be because the "I know what I need to do" isn't what you should actually do, and your subconscious tries to tell it to you.

Advice? Find out what you should actually do!