Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Master
Any ideas on this bird totem please?

Not sure I placed this thread in the right area.

This tiny QLD Sunbird came to visit my work colleague and I today in a most unusual way. We had just barely stopped the car when he flew from nowhere and clung to the back window of the car. He was curiously looking in, but the glass is dark tinted, so he flew to the front window and sat on the exterior mirror and peered into the window at us. I've never seen these little birds do such a thing.

I looked up a meaning on the net, but would like others thoughts please.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 AM
ultra-violet

hand-deleted

Last edited by ultra-violet : 05-01-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
Chrysaetos should be able to help you out with that one
Sorry but I have no idea what the ''meaning'' is behind a sunbird taking a taxi, hehe.
Probably just curious or territorial..
Old 05-01-2011, 04:12 PM
grazier

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Not sure I placed this thread in the right area.

This tiny QLD Sunbird came to visit my work colleague and I today in a most unusual way. We had just barely stopped the car when he flew from nowhere and clung to the back window of the car. He was curiously looking in, but the glass is dark tinted, so he flew to the front window and sat on the exterior mirror and peered into the window at us. I've never seen these little birds do such a thing.

I looked up a meaning on the net, but would like others thoughts please.

Hello Night Spirit,

What a beautiful little fellow. I don't know much about these birds as we don't get them in the UK. It must have been wonderful to have him clinging to the car and looking in. I guess he was being inquisitive - maybe he thought there may be some food in this big metal bird.

His name suggests to me that he is a bird of the Sun - a bird representing Ra, the Sun. It is highly possible that he was acting as a Messenger from the Creator, trying to draw your attention to something in your spiritual life, or learning.

Go within, meditate on the bird and ask your doorkeeper to give you the message. I would feel that you should also watch out for a similar incident, not by a bird but by another strange visitor. This may be cryptic - for you to interpret in your own way to your own understanding.

I hope this helps a little.

Blessings

grazier
Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
His name suggests to me that he is a bird of the Sun - a bird representing Ra, the Sun. It is highly possible that he was acting as a Messenger from the Creator, trying to draw your attention to something in your spiritual life, or learning.
Do magpies eat pie?
Quote:
Go within, meditate on the bird and ask your doorkeeper to give you the message.
Of course such meditation would give one the desired result. That's a minds game.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello Night Spirit,

What a beautiful little fellow. I don't know much about these birds as we don't get them in the UK. It must have been wonderful to have him clinging to the car and looking in. I guess he was being inquisitive - maybe he thought there may be some food in this big metal bird.

Go within, meditate on the bird and ask your doorkeeper to give you the message. I would feel that you should also watch out for a similar incident, not by a bird but by another strange visitor. This may be cryptic - for you to interpret in your own way to your own understanding.

I hope this helps a little.

Blessings

grazier
Thanks grazier..I think you're right about the sun. Below is what I found on the net. I will stay open to any other possible 'hints' as well.
Actually, reading this again, could have reference to our work...since we work with the aged, I guess our job may bring them some joy? Perhaps sunbird was acknowledging that

SUNBIRD
The sunbird loves life and happiness. It enjoys the beauty of the flowers and the harmony of nature. It is sensitive to disharmonious vibrations, which may cause it to take flight. Its medicine is to spread love and happiness among the flowers, animals, and people. The magic of the sunbird lies in being able to open hearts. People who have the energy of the sunbird display similar characteristics. They are constantly searching for balance and joy, helping others to enjoy life, and bringing forth the best from everybody. Like the sunbird, they despise ugliness and discord and will always find places where beauty resides.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Do magpies eat pie?
Of course such meditation would give one the desired result. That's a minds game.

Thanks chrysaetos
Old 06-01-2011, 03:52 PM
grazier

Angel1

Quote:
Thanks grazier..I think you're right about the sun. Below is what I found on the net. I will stay open to any other possible 'hints' as well.
Actually, reading this again, could have reference to our work...since we work with the aged, I guess our job may bring them some joy? Perhaps sunbird was acknowledging that

SUNBIRD
The sunbird loves life and happiness. It enjoys the beauty of the flowers and the harmony of nature. It is sensitive to disharmonious vibrations, which may cause it to take flight. Its medicine is to spread love and happiness among the flowers, animals, and people. The magic of the sunbird lies in being able to open hearts. People who have the energy of the sunbird display similar characteristics. They are constantly searching for balance and joy, helping others to enjoy life, and bringing forth the best from everybody. Like the sunbird, they despise ugliness and discord and will always find places where beauty resides.

Hi Night Spirit,

that is fantastic about the Sun Bird and I feel that it does hold a message for you. I feel positive about it connecting with your work. Whatever you feel about the experience is right, don't question the thoughts that come. Things happen for a reason.

When I was reading through that piece about the bird a thought flashed into my mind - you haven't lost someone to the spirit world lately, have you? Maybe one of your aged persons? If so it could be that they sent him to say thank you to you. Aren't they the Messenger Bird?

Blessings

grazier
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Night Spirit,

that is fantastic about the Sun Bird and I feel that it does hold a message for you. I feel positive about it connecting with your work. Whatever you feel about the experience is right, don't question the thoughts that come. Things happen for a reason.

When I was reading through that piece about the bird a thought flashed into my mind - you haven't lost someone to the spirit world lately, have you? Maybe one of your aged persons? If so it could be that they sent him to say thank you to you. Aren't they the Messenger Bird?

Blessings

grazier

I don't know if these little fellows are messenger birds, but I do know that they are tiny and usually only visit flowers or clean up spiders and insects around house windows. They are very shy of humans.

Perhaps he thought the car window might be worth investigating for yummy treats...but we hadn't even stopped rolling...and he moved to the next window and didn't look as though he was searching for food. He just seemed happy to sit on the mirror and look in at us.

As I was reading your response about your thought on someone passing over recently, I got a crown buzz, which tells me there's something right in what you said...or that it's close. I haven't heard of anyone, but then our section is always last to hear stuff because we aren't attached to the office. We work in the field and rarely go into the office...even when we do..we aren't told these things. So it could be possible.

Thanks for your help and thoughts grazier...very much appreciated
Old 07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
grazier

Angel1

Quote:
I don't know if these little fellows are messenger birds, but I do know that they are tiny and usually only visit flowers or clean up spiders and insects around house windows. They are very shy of humans.

Perhaps he thought the car window might be worth investigating for yummy treats...but we hadn't even stopped rolling...and he moved to the next window and didn't look as though he was searching for food. He just seemed happy to sit on the mirror and look in at us.

As I was reading your response about your thought on someone passing over recently, I got a crown buzz, which tells me there's something right in what you said...or that it's close. I haven't heard of anyone, but then our section is always last to hear stuff because we aren't attached to the office. We work in the field and rarely go into the office...even when we do..we aren't told these things. So it could be possible.

Thanks for your help and thoughts grazier...very much appreciated

You are welcome NightSpirit,

It could well be a portent of someone's passing. Their soul has visited you to thank you, maybe in advance. If you got the crown buzz you can always trust that.

Blessings

grazier