Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 AM
MsSassy

Empty eyes

I have googled and have not found any information or explaination that I am looking for.

About a month ago my partner and I ran into a friend of his during a trip of ours. Now this guys did seems like a nice person but when I look at him in the eyes I saw nothing. It was just empty and it did give me a little chill.

Once we finished talking to him I said to my partner that his eyes are empty and that I could feel nothing from him when I looked at them.

Now the guys was of his head on a cocktail of drugs and is quite a habitual user. But I have come across other people also on drugs and have not experienced the feeling that I got.

Has anyone experienced this?? Could he have been through a hellish life (which is something I highly suspect) that he has gone completely numb and soulless inside as a defense mechanism.

My partner says that he is a good kid and is the kind that would do anything for you.

I guess I am just puzzled as to why I got nothing from him, no emotion, no being no nothing. Like an empty shell wandering through his life.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Master
Maybe he was high or coming down when you saw him. Maybe he is a sociopath or psychopath, or yeah maybe he has just had a hard life, as you suggest. Why does your partner seem to think he is a good kid?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Terracotta

Drugs are a heck of a thing. I don't think he's missing anything literal, but they can really mess people up especially if it's an addiction, dependency, etc. We might feel like shells sometimes, but we're not truly empty, just lost and tired and emotionally desolate, which might be what you saw.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Guide
I spent years as an EMT and some people literally died right before my eyes and I couldn't get them back, others were already dead when I got there. The only time I saw 'empty eyes' was with those dead patients. Their eyes were empty, nothingness. Can't describe it any other way, most can't imagine what I mean because it's something you just have to experience,

In your case the person you saw was alive so I know it's different circumstances. But I just felt led to share my experience with empty eyes. Is there such thing as a spiritual death?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Quintessence

Is one supposed to see something in the eyes? Why is this being assumed? If the answer to this question is yes, why is it being assumed that there is something "wrong" with the person you're observing instead of your own observations? Couldn't it be your observations are wrong/flawed?

Just some things to think about. I don't think I've ever had a case where I haven't "seen" something when looking at another person. Then again, I consider vacantness/emptiness to be a state of "something."
Old 06-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Guide
I have had this experience once before. The man I am referring to had a black aura and his eyes were dead, vacant. When I looked at him it was as if I was seeing death. He had since died. It was very sad because to my knowledge he didn't know he was sick until after I told his friend that he needed to see a doctor. He was a nice person. I think he is probably much happier in the spirit realm now.

Just reminded me of him when I read what you said.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Royalite

The death of a soul...it happens when the soul stops fighting and it happens to some people. I haven't met anyone that intense as you describe it as yet, but I THINK it's when a person is so far away from their own soul that the light just completely goes out.