Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Experiencer

Late to this conversation...but a year ago, my belief in life after death was a pretty strong 75%. Since last June, it has now become 100%. What I am experiencing, which started last summer, has completely changed the way I view this topic. It's not something I conjured up because I wanted it so badly, it's not my imagination. Spirit communication and interaction is very real to me now, and I was a huge skeptic. As others have told you, sometimes it does take a personal experience. Try not to be scared. We are all beings of energy, some of us exist with a physical body now, but someday we won't.

Ask for something conclusive, and then be patient. Meditate more, that helps. Ask to stay on the path to Love and Light, and stay grounded.

Why did this happen to me now? I don't know for sure. But it's changed my life forever, and all in the best of ways. I feel better than I have in years, and closer to God than ever. I am fully aware that most of the population would think I'm a kook if I told me whole story. Shoot, sometimes I wonder! But I am not the only one experiencing this, as I've found here. Also, friends of mine have come out of the woodwork who I've known for years, and it turns out they have experienced this type of thing as well.

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Guide
Peace and love always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I agree Merrie :^)

And when I read your reply it triggered my ongoing thoughts as to what would have to happen for our culture-at-large to participate in exploring such frontiers?

I'm thinking that such an awaking, to be globally shared, will need ("need" is a funny word, but seems appropriate :^) to take place on a number of levels and may prove to be very awkward in the unfolding. It would need to include a new level of healthful living (better eating habits out of respect for the body in which we now find ourselves in) we'll need to dissolve much of the duality that we have historically found ourselves participating in (friends-enemies, male-female, good and bad people, the saved and the damned) and all this would need to happen in a way that's not corny or contrived.

Culturally speaking we're immersed in a frenzy of advertisement, sales, economy-driven priories that cater more toward vanity that it does toward emotionally-enlightened-interaction and holistically-balanced living.

And I'm not sure this stuff can be "taught". It seems to be something that must come from within... in the manor that's best suited for the idiosyncrasies of each individual.
And this also seems dependent on what our "souls would want". Our souls may prefer that this physical experience remain thick with ambiguity and contrasts... with a multitude of highs and lows, with pain and recovery, with challenge and resolve?

Since the "non-physical" is essentially our normal manor-of-being (continuum-speaking), with this physical experience being the oddity along the way, it may be that things are generally messy and overly-physically-focused for a very specific reason...? Sure seems that way, considering how much is continually being invested in daily keeping things clumsy...

So for each of us individually we may well move toward a more richer and less limited experience, but I'm not sure what's involved in bringing others along this path? .... and lastly, it may be, for some, that much of our work here is essentially done, and it's now time to play in a most unique way... in which case the conditioned, physicalised "norm", may no-longer fully apply... :^)

I agree with you. I call this "clumsiness" the suffering matrix. Humanity is creating and recreating the suffering matrix. I feel it is deeply configured yet we can rise above it. We have to come to understand our own power as individuals. That there is a lot that we can do to transform our reality. It begins with belief. The words that we use are clumsy. The word belief implies that it is an internal process and only an internal process. It is, but it is more than that. When we believe something we open the door for that thing to find itself within our reality. When we truly question something then we are opening the door for the truth to find us. We are opening a doorway. Indeed, this is why when someone asks the enlightened a question, sometimes it is the case that the person asking the question is not really questioning. They are asking a question yet have already formed their answer. Or, perhaps a better way to put it is: they have already a preconceived idea as to what the truth is. Already they have confined the truth. When the enlightened then attempt to explain, the receiver has blinkers on their perceptions. It is the receiver of the communication which is keeping the door close. So the enlightened often become perplexed. They want to help but their attempts are frustrated. The receiver's words expressed a question but their hearts remained closed. Yet they are very often the ones who bemoan their fate and their bad luck. They constantly ask for their suffering to end but block every attempt that the universe uses to communicate the answer they need.

Internal experience is just as important as external experience. Perhaps more important. We experience things internally, indeed, it is the within the matrix of the inner self that the truth is realized. The external then simply expresses the internal truth or belief system.

People keep asking when is the next awakening going to happen. I feel like shaking them. Don't they realize it is already happening. Albeit slowly. Yet the perception of time is different to each person. I am constantly changing. A forty year old man says: I believe what I believed when I was twenty." I tell the man that he hasn't lived. My beliefs are constantly changing and evolving. Constantly growing. Yes as a child I believed there was a God but my conception of God has expanded and will be even more expanded tomorrow, as will my perceptions.

Peace and love, always.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiewilbury
Late to this conversation...but a year ago, my belief in life after death was a pretty strong 75%. Since last June, it has now become 100%. What I am experiencing, which started last summer, has completely changed the way I view this topic. It's not something I conjured up because I wanted it so badly, it's not my imagination. Spirit communication and interaction is very real to me now, and I was a huge skeptic. As others have told you, sometimes it does take a personal experience. Try not to be scared. We are all beings of energy, some of us exist with a physical body now, but someday we won't.

Ask for something conclusive, and then be patient. Meditate more, that helps. Ask to stay on the path to Love and Light, and stay grounded.

Why did this happen to me now? I don't know for sure. But it's changed my life forever, and all in the best of ways. I feel better than I have in years, and closer to God than ever. I am fully aware that most of the population would think I'm a kook if I told me whole story. Shoot, sometimes I wonder! But I am not the only one experiencing this, as I've found here. Also, friends of mine have come out of the woodwork who I've known for years, and it turns out they have experienced this type of thing as well.

I was also skeptical and then began experiencing so many strange occurrences and coincidences after my ex-boyfriend passed away. Turns out he was trying to communicate with me. Since then I have received so many signs and had the most incredible, amazing experiences of my life. I have connected with him in dreams and through meditation. I have received knowledge and insight. Like you, it has changed me, and I have learned so much. I didn't expect any of this. In fact, I was surprised by it. I never in a million years thought that any of this is possible. Now it's not only possible, but a part of my life. I will never view the world in the same way again.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie74
Hello everyone!

My name is Paul (39, from Cardiff, wales) and I've just recently joined this group and I hope to be able to converse with many of you about all things spiritual in the near future.

I would just like to ask if anyone on here has had conclusive proof of life after death, etc. I don't mean just that odd, spine-tingling feeling, or a half-heard whisper, but actual crystal-clear, not-a-shadow-of-a-doubt proof.

I ask as I, myself, used to experience many strange things as a teen and young man, but in the end I really could not handle the power of it and begged for 'them' to leave me alone. In the end that's exactly what happened. But, since that day to this, I have a deep, dark void within me, and I am always searching. I guess I have become very cynical over the years, although I know what I experienced when I was younger happened; I suppose I just find it so hard to accept now, and I would like to be able to feel the joy of spiritual faith again, but I don't know if I still can...

Anyway, apologies for my rambling. So does anyone have anything they feel is real proof? I would be grateful for any answers on personal experiences.

Warmth and peace to all of you.

It's a shame that you weren't helped with the difficulties you had in your youth. Another great shame that you've lost something that you perhaps wish you still had? If you haven't done it before maybe a visit to a local Spiritualist church might help re-establish the broken link to the world of the spirit and you may find the help there you could have used when you were young. A development circle could establish if your gift has gone and if it hadn't the circle leader would be there to help. A look at the SNU website at snu.org will show church locations.

As for 100% proof of the so-called afterlife that's probably something very personal and different from individual to individual. I've never had such 'proof' yet I have no doubts and have been posting extensively on this and other subjects over many websites and forums.

Hope this helps....
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
I agree with you. I call this "clumsiness" the suffering matrix. Humanity is creating and recreating the suffering matrix. I feel it is deeply configured yet we can rise above it. We have to come to understand our own power as individuals. That there is a lot that we can do to transform our reality. It begins with belief. The words that we use are clumsy. The word belief implies that it is an internal process and only an internal process. It is, but it is more than that. When we believe something we open the door for that thing to find itself within our reality. When we truly question something then we are opening the door for the truth to find us. We are opening a doorway. Indeed, this is why when someone asks the enlightened a question, sometimes it is the case that the person asking the question is not really questioning. They are asking a question yet have already formed their answer. Or, perhaps a better way to put it is: they have already a preconceived idea as to what the truth is. Already they have confined the truth. When the enlightened then attempt to explain, the receiver has blinkers on their perceptions. It is the receiver of the communication which is keeping the door close. So the enlightened often become perplexed. They want to help but their attempts are frustrated. The receiver's words expressed a question but their hearts remained closed. Yet they are very often the ones who bemoan their fate and their bad luck. They constantly ask for their suffering to end but block every attempt that the universe uses to communicate the answer they need.

Internal experience is just as important as external experience. Perhaps more important. We experience things internally, indeed, it is the within the matrix of the inner self that the truth is realized. The external then simply expresses the internal truth or belief system.
My goodness, what you just wrote is genius! Your observations reflect the faces of so many I've tried to work with. I've drawn essentially the same conclusions but it's so nice to see this spelled-out in such a direct and precise string of knowings.... Wonderful... Thank you.... :^)
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
From what I have witnessed in the communications is mind blowing. I mean I take it as a given now. But even if I were to tell some of the stuff to mediums I wouldn't be surprised if they raised an eyebrow in disbelief. This whole universe and the self is just amazing.
This caught my eye because it's something I'm watching within my own writing/reflecting at times.

There are posts that I sit down to write that seem to author themselves... I sit down to respond to something and watch with some interest as the post that I'm writing takes shape. It's like I'm being spoken to-and-through, in order that I may learn more-so myself the very things that I'm communicating to others. I've studied channeling in the past and found that there are two distinct styles of channeling based on the inner preference of the individual involved. There's the trance channeler (Jane Robers, and supposedly J.Z. Knight (though there's lots of problems surrounding J.Z.'s reputation in this regard) and there are those involved in channeling the Michael Teachings)

... and then there's this other option involving a conscious version of channeling. Where an individual relaxes and allows another to influence from within... thereby channeling while fully present, while having some say in how these thoughts are being expressed. I was never really a fan of turning myself over to another in the way that Jane Roberts did with Seth.. I simply want more control than that over what emerges from what I'm involved in.... But I don't mind being influenced indirectly as long as what's emerging is clean stuff and is genuinely beneficial.

The thing with the conscious version is that the road is much longer and far more complex than would occur should someone just "trance". With the trance option the individual just gets out of the way... but with the conscious version the individual would have to know a fair amount about the subject being channeled because there's the option to edit and thus influence the outcome.

My preference with the later revolves around the ~requirement~ of being deeply familiar with the subject matter itself, so that it's possible to for me to monitor if the information coming-forth is fully usable or not. Does it pass the sniff test? I can't imagine going into a trance and upon emerging reviewing much of what was channeled as garbage.. or even worse, blindly trying to follow something of which I have no idea as to the broader lineage of a particular revelation that came forth...

The reason I bring all this up is that in reading your reply I intuitively see similarities in regards to what it seems that each of us are being exposed to... I would like to further explore your impressions on this process, as I find the whole thing quite fascinating, and uniquely worth the study... :^)
Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Master
Its interesting where our conversation has wandered to!

As I progress along this Path I try very hard to stay open to the influence of Spirit and it's quiet whisperings and have noticed certain themes and that those themes are often a vehicle showing the ego self that "Yes, This Is All Real- Relax - Trust."

For a long time Spirit had me Healing people and animals an even a few trees, this I saw as labwork in learning how to work with the subtle energy.

Then there was a time of spiritual counseling, in which people came to me who were just starting on the path and so I was able, just be a smidgen further down it, to speak with them in a useful ways. This helped lock in my own understanding better.

Next came learning to use tools to focus better, hear my Guides and work with other people in higher realms to bring knowledge into the 3D for use on their Path. Crystals, cards and Runes were very useful in this aspect.

Then came the forums and discussion with others on spiritually and awakened subject matter, which seems to be where I am currently. Like StephenK it seems when typing something in response to someone it holds a wisdom far beyond that of egoaic self. And often the person it was meant for is deeply moved in a way that tells me Higher Selves are working together to bring forth that which is in the Highest Good and in Divine Order.

I'm playing with concepts like when we move forward in love to engage someone in a helpful and useful way and we are surrendered to spirit, is it possible that our Higher Self is in contact with their Higher Self and that Higher Self tells us what needs to be said and we type it out?
Could it be that through surrender and Love we are able to 'channel' the person we are attempting to help's Higher Self?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I'm playing with concepts like when we move forward in love to engage someone in a helpful and useful way and we are surrendered to spirit, is it possible that our Higher Self is in contact with their Higher Self and that Higher Self tells us what needs to be said and we type it out?
Could it be that through surrender and Love we are able to 'channel' the person we are attempting to help's Higher Self?
Absolutely yes.... :^)

Many, many times I have felt myself moved into a roll, in relation to another... a roll that clearly mimicked something they were needing at the time... it seems to be automatic, when in their presence I often gravitate naturally toward a personality and conceptual way-of-being that often seems to occur in a customized way... this used to surprise the heck out of me... where did that person within me come from? It became clear over time that it came from them and was being channeled through me...

The deal with letting-go and being mold-able at that level is this process of being fluid in relation to our liquid connection with life... when we deeply relax in relation to "identity" we are thus flexible enough to be directed quite seamlessly as the moment so-suggests...

The clearer we are within ourselves, (and the better we get at dissolving those original filtering beliefs that we were originally born into) the more open and flexible this process of personalized-channeling becomes... :^)
Old 07-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiewilbury

You are quite sane. It has been revealed to you. It is enough. It is the recipient which determines when it is to be experienced.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Guide
The highest truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
This caught my eye because it's something I'm watching within my own writing/reflecting at times.

There are posts that I sit down to write that seem to author themselves... I sit down to respond to something and watch with some interest as the post that I'm writing takes shape. It's like I'm being spoken to-and-through, in order that I may learn more-so myself the very things that I'm communicating to others. I've studied channeling in the past and found that there are two distinct styles of channeling based on the inner preference of the individual involved. There's the trance channeler (Jane Robers, and supposedly J.Z. Knight (though there's lots of problems surrounding J.Z.'s reputation in this regard) and there are those involved in channeling the Michael Teachings)

... and then there's this other option involving a conscious version of channeling. Where an individual relaxes and allows another to influence from within... thereby channeling while fully present, while having some say in how these thoughts are being expressed. I was never really a fan of turning myself over to another in the way that Jane Roberts did with Seth.. I simply want more control than that over what emerges from what I'm involved in.... But I don't mind being influenced indirectly as long as what's emerging is clean stuff and is genuinely beneficial.

The thing with the conscious version is that the road is much longer and far more complex than would occur should someone just "trance". With the trance option the individual just gets out of the way... but with the conscious version the individual would have to know a fair amount about the subject being channeled because there's the option to edit and thus influence the outcome.

My preference with the later revolves around the ~requirement~ of being deeply familiar with the subject matter itself, so that it's possible to for me to monitor if the information coming-forth is fully usable or not. Does it pass the sniff test? I can't imagine going into a trance and upon emerging reviewing much of what was channeled as garbage.. or even worse, blindly trying to follow something of which I have no idea as to the broader lineage of a particular revelation that came forth...

The reason I bring all this up is that in reading your reply I intuitively see similarities in regards to what it seems that each of us are being exposed to... I would like to further explore your impressions on this process, as I find the whole thing quite fascinating, and uniquely worth the study... :^)

Quote:

You have hit the nail right on the head. All my channeling has been of this kind. The conscious kind. I asked why this was the case. The answer I received was that I need to understand everything which was being written, and understand it to my very core.

Also, what was explained to me was that Spirit no longer takes a person over completely to give messages. Quite frankly, Spirit had been doing this in the early 20 century. The mediums which were born at that time did this admirably. All the fundamental teachings had been given. Look at the white eagle teaching and more specifically the silver birch teachings. As far as I am concerned it is all there.

The mediums demonstrated so much empirical evidence, and were placed under stringent scientific tests. Some of the examples were quite amazing.

I know this viaing off the subject a little but either the scientific method was unsound. Or it was sound but the results were not properly expressed through the media (after all if something is not properly published, or properly put in the public eye then even if the knowledge and results are sound then who is to know?). Also later, as the years go by it can be easily buried. Who is to decide what is relevant but the reader? Surely the reader is to decide for themselves what is deemed true or false? There were frauds and they were well and truly exposed, hyped up, put in the public eye etc

However, moving back to the subject. There were two things which Spirit wanted to do. One was to promote and propagate authentic Spirit spiritual communication with those on the other side. Also to express the fundamental teachings. This has been achieved.

The fact and awareness of the fact of communications with those "on the other side" is real. If people could practice this then it would empower people. Indeed it would break every chain and unlock every door.

I believe that there are some people which have been communicating with being which are on a much denser realm and have been using this knowledge, and the knowledge that they gain through this process to maintain their power. They fear the public knowing of the reality of communication with those on a higher vibration because it would break forever their control.

I gained this knowledge not through reading on websites, or through books but spiritual communication. I was surprised to find this out. Previously I had believed that all conspiracy theories were bonkers.

How much knowledge could gain through communication with those on higher vibration? Those express the purpose of freeing us all? The suffering matrix that humanity suffers each and every day would be transmuted very quickly.

Spiritualism is a religion and people in that religion are the most spiritual most dedicated people I have ever met. They live their religion. Incidentally, I wonder what a Catholic priest would say if he was ordered to place a sign by the side of him saying: "Everything which I say is for entertainment for only."

I understand the recrimination that would come from stating what I have said in the above paragraph. It is not meant as a criticism on this website or any other spiritual website or movement. We have to follow the rules in order to maintain good relations and operate. However, equally, I call upon the highest authority of freedom, namely: our ancestors - our fathers, mothers, grandmother and grandfathers to say this. After all they sacrificed their lives in order to give me and all of us the right to do.

Again getting back to the subject. I really believe that we need to move on. A lot of the teachings need to progress. There needs to be more advanced channeling. Spirit are willing to work with people, but the only way they are going to do so is for the medium to do so on a conscious level. For the advanced teachings to be understood it must be done equally on a subconscious level and a conscious one.

I firmly believe that since I was told this by Spirit, in the last twenty years I have only witnessed one individual channel completely as they did so in the twenties. I asked Spirit later how is it that this woman could do so. After all I had already been told that Spirit had unanimously decided that they were not going to work this way again. They told me that this woman was an exception. They gave me visions/memories of how much good this woman had done in the past. As she was in her late seventies at the time, and that she still had a sincere passion for channeling in this way, that they allowed for it to happen. On reflection I think they were right to let her do so. I love her dearly and still do.

The way that channeling is meant to be done now is consciously. With the conscious medium fully aware. What you expressed in your post confirms to me your advanced spirituality. Your reasons were sound, and I commend you on them.

Saint Jerome.