Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I not be sure it's scare tactics. We are given LIFE to life and we are given a time when that life comes to an end. It is not maybe a natural end to take one's life.

I have talked to many that have made that choice and the act has not worked, they do not pass, and for some they are blessed to move forward for other's its a struggle again and in some cases they succeed. Is it right or wrong to take one's life that is not something I think anyone can truly answer. We can never be another person to feel that place they be in. We all have our levels of what one can take on and what one can not. Its all a path of evolving of our Soul. Maybe for some that is the Soul's path.

I can honestly say that in all I have worked with NEVER once have I had a Spirit say to me WHY did I do this as I so feel if it worked they were meant on some level to go. If not there would have been a devine intervention.

I remember sitting at me desk at work one day and a man sailed past me window. I felt no panic from him, he was at peace. I had talked to him a few times in the elevator and I talked to him after he left the Earth Plane. I knew why he choose that path, right or wrong is not anyone's place to choose.

Would there be lessons to learn, I would think yes, is there punishment as in Sin I have to say NO. It comes down to the free will to act. Til one is in that very dark and most times lonely place no one can say what one might or might not do, but we are give life and at times it is a HUGE struggle, for some that struggle is simply too much.

What is the saddest thing is where one does buy into that Sin aspect of takeing of one's life and gets Stuck in the crossing over.

Lynn

sorry but what innerlight is saying is a scare tactic, plain and simple. .

i have no objection to people discouraging suicide, it's totally understandable that we'd want others to hang around as long possible. however, using fear and forboding as a way to keep the people in their bodies no matter how agonized they are is cruel and selfish. a better approach might be to offer hope and healing.

it's a open secret that most suicides are the elderly. is it your belief that when an old person decides they've had enough of living in their decaying body, alone and befret of love, that they'll end up "stuck" if they leave on their own terms?
Old 27-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries

i have no objection to people discouraging suicide, it's totally understandable that we'd want others to hang around as long possible. however, using fear and forboding as a way to keep the people in their bodies no matter how agonized they are is cruel and selfish. a better approach might be to offer hope and healing.

it's a open secret that most suicides are the elderly. is it your belief that when an old person decides they've had enough of living in their decaying body, alone and befret of love, that they'll end up "stuck" if the leave on their own terms?

Hello

What I have always offered was hope and healing. Too I being empathic I can FEEL that place another is in. When one's Light gets so very low but one seems to HELD living I have to honestly wonder why. Being with one's at the end where nothing but medical intervention keeps them alive I wonder on that being fair or even at times just. Too whom is to make that choice, as society does have to have standards of care and respect.

Had a friend just loose his elderly Mom to the taking of her life. While the original attempt did not work right off a few days later it did take hold. Her heart and liver were too weak to take the strains and recover. So its ruled sucicide as her casue of death.

She moved over right off YES becasue it was pure in her thoughts she was DONE there was no hesitations or questions on right or wrong. She knew she was done. Its when one has that fear of Sin, or punisment with them, and one has that shadow of doubt in the mind that one is not making the right choice.

Me very Grandmother took her life too, again the initial did not work but she passed a few day's later. Told the ambulance driver she should not have taken so many pills as it did not work.

I remember being very anrgy at her for doing that, but too I knew she was going to suffer if she lived on. She was in her 80's and walked everyday, she would have soon lost that part of life's freedoms.

Same with me Father, he had a massive heart attack and that did not take him our right off, but I know from me and other's talking with him in Spirit he so did not want to live with the WHEN will the next one come and will I be a burden to me family. His will to go took him. While it took me til me Son saw him to forgive him for going and understand WHY he went, it was the right choice for him.

We all have choices to make. Too we miss one's when they go. Its not easy for the living or for the one going. What is wrong is the idea of "punshiment" there is not that place, but there is lessons and more learnings.

Too that is WHY there be one's that are put forth that can work in Spirit and with Spirit to help them. Its a blessing I was given and one I too I for a long time struggled with the WHY and the I don't want it, but now I bless being me.

Lynn
Old 27-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Master
fair enough (and deep condolences **hugs**) but let me ask you this ...

throughout history religions have put "the fear of God" into people, used guilt and hell threats and threats of nasty incarnation to control the masses. so what happens to those basicly good people who die believing they're horrible people, deserving of dire judgements and punishments? do their beliefs make it so? does some beautiful consciousness end up in torment because their church led them to believe they're unworthy of peace?

and would that mean that a really evil person who believes themselves to be good and worthy of bliss ends up in heaven?
Old 27-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:

it's a open secret that most suicides are the elderly. is it your belief that when an old person decides they've had enough of living in their decaying body, alone and befret of love, that they'll end up "stuck" if they leave on their own terms?

I didn't use a scare tactic... I stated the obvious. Your mental state of being is not going to stop just because you take your life. Or if you are hit by a car. You are not going to just pass over and then everything is rainbows and bunnies because you are no longer in this world that is a miserable existence, is I think what you called it. If you are feeling so much pain, anguish, and hopelessness that you want to take your life. That is not a happy state to be in. I know, first hand. I have been in the hospital twice for intentionally OD'ing on pills. Having your stomach pumped while your ex fiance looks on at you. Is not a happy feeling, and is not a feeling that just disappears because you may leave this plane. That is what stays with you.

That mental state is not going to stop because you stopped your existence on earth. Regardless of how it happened. To break free of that suffering and misery you must break free of it yourself.
Old 27-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:

I think it's mathematical, there are more people than ever in our world and from what I read or hear fromthe media, it's a whole lot of different 'age groups' ~ just yesterday read a story about 2 young school girls who had a suicide pact and they were found dead in one of their homes (they'd been bullied on the internet and at school). Scads of soldiers now are committing suicide in the field or when they get home and suffer from PTSD etc. Young adults my son's age (23) are well known statistically for being in that dangerous age group. Last but not least, the elderly as you mentioned. The best thing that those of us 'left behind' can do is simply honor their memories and do our best to understand what was going on with them, without wringing our hands too much.

Old 27-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I didn't use a scare tactic... I stated the obvious. Your mental state of being is not going to stop just because you take your life. Or if you are hit by a car. You are not going to just pass over and then everything is rainbows and bunnies because you are no longer in this world that is a miserable existence, is I think what you called it. If you are feeling so much pain, anguish, and hopelessness that you want to take your life. That is not a happy state to be in. I know, first hand. I have been in the hospital twice for intentionally OD'ing on pills. Having your stomach pumped while your ex fiance looks on at you. Is not a happy feeling, and is not a feeling that just disappears because you may leave this plane. That is what stays with you.

That mental state is not going to stop because you stopped your existence on earth. Regardless of how it happened. To break free of that suffering and misery you must break free of it yourself.

well then, i guess all the people, children even, who died in terror in some war torn country are now wandering around suffering in some horrid void of nothingness.

**shrug**
Old 27-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
well then, i guess all the people, children even, who died in terror in some war torn country are now wandering around suffering in some horrid void of nothingness.

**shrug**

You still only want to hear what you want to hear. As I already said I never stated that a person would enter into a place of a void on nothingness. I said it was possible. If you perceive yourself to be in such a place in your life then it is quite possible that is where you will perceive your self to be upon passing. Being in terror is not suffering. The suffering is created when they perceive it to always be that way. That what is creating the terror in them will continuously do so.
Old 27-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
You still only want to hear what you want to hear. As I already said I never stated that a person would enter into a place of a void on nothingness. I said it was possible. If you perceive yourself to be in such a place in your life then it is quite possible that is where you will perceive your self to be upon passing. Being in terror is not suffering. The suffering is created when they perceive it to always be that way. That what is creating the terror in them will continuously do so.

anything is "possible", innerlight. it's possible we all end up dancing the Hokey Pokey on ex-planet Pluto.

Quote:
Being in terror is not suffering. The suffering is created when they perceive it to always be that way. That what is creating the terror in them will continuously do so.

^ that makes absolutely no sense to me.
Old 27-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Quote:
fair enough (and deep condolences **hugs**) but let me ask you this ...

throughout history religions have put "the fear of God" into people, used guilt and hell threats and threats of nasty incarnation to control the masses. so what happens to those basicly good people who die believing they're horrible people, deserving of dire judgements and punishments? do their beliefs make it so? does some beautiful consciousness end up in torment because their church led them to believe they're unworthy of peace?

and would that mean that a really evil person who believes themselves to be good and worthy of bliss ends up in heaven?

Hello

I so feel that Religon has over the history gotten a bad wrap, I dont feel it was even meant to "control" in fear as the passers on of the Bible took it forth. More it was to give man the idea of doing and trying one's best.

Man has always had some that so seek that ultimate control, too in that there are many lessons that are learned.

Does one's beleifs give them that judgement in the end, I would have to say no, as the Spirit of the person is the essence that one was , to me tis the Soul that moves forward along that path. When one is in Spirit one is much like in the physical body FREE to experience what one wants and to make the changes along that path. If that be to find that place of judgement that is up to them. More what one seeks though is peace. That peace that one lacked in life in the body, that place of things are WHOLE. To be free from the suffering one might have had in the physical body, or the mental issues one might have had .

I do not buy into a Heaven or the counter a Hell, more Levels of Light and learnings. That said yes the mass murder's of the World do move over into Spirit and are given what one needs in healing. They do not go into a pit of fire. I know I have crossed one and he did not stay punished.

Lynn
Old 27-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
wait a minute. if what your asserting as "fact" is true then why would the mode of death matter? if your "fact" were true than anyOne in fear and in pain at the point of demise would end up in the horrid state of being you describe. which would mean billions and billions of people are stuck suffering in a void because certainly billions and billions of people have been in fear and in pain when they died ... even little children. i guess you PLAN on leaving this world in a state of compete contentment. i hope so because if you found yourself facing a fearful and painful death you'd be SOL. right? you'd carry your fear and suffering with you into a void of nothingness. right?

you don't know anymore than anyOne else does as to what happens after physical death so why make assertions as if you do?

Anything is possible......using your own words.
Maybe some people do know what others don't. It is possible.
Look at the Tibetan Wheel of Life and Death.
Who is to say what is known or not just because we may not know.
Just saying...........

Last edited by innerlight : 28-04-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: fixed quotes.