Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Challenges are not the same as extreme pain, fear and suffering. I get up and meet my friends, play games, listen to or play music for no reason at all, apart from them being pleasurable. And my happy days are most active not the other way around.

When I was younger I tended to think that both extremes of good and bad are valuable and needed, but then I did not yet know how bad it could get. I take my words back now.

To tell you the truth I just don't know what to do with this confusion, fear and depression. I make it day by day but don't know why and how long.

I've been and sometimes return to where you are. I have seriously contemplated suicide and have in fact tried to harm myself on several occasions. I do understand the pain and what you are going through, I wish I could offer something more, then saying I understand.

Sadly though I am still struggling as well. Day by day is all I manage too, for me the fear of non-existence is what keeps me around, I don't honestly know which way I would go if I was confronted with proof positive of an afterlife.
Old 25-04-2011, 12:24 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If we do indeed agree as a Soul Group or whatever term you use then why can't suicide be as much a part of what we experience as everything else?

Suicide can hardly be qualified as that much of an experience. If anything, it is more like a termination of experience.
Old 25-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
suck it up? my guess is you've never experienced pain so intense that there's no "sucking it up". it's just animal agony, pointless unremmitting pain. we put suffering animals to sleep out of sense of compassion. why in the hell would you think that we humans deserve less compassion when we're in agony?

lol we "may" end up in a "grey void of a dimension" whatever we do. i mean, if you wanna play "what if" ... the afterlife (presuming there is one) "may" be whatever we imagine or nothing like what we've imagined.

Well, after reading my post, I do sound very cold and heartless- though that wasnt my intention-- just very poor terminology on my part. I do know how it feels to be depressed-- Depression is my emotion by default. Emotional pain is much worse than physical pain.

I'm sorry if I offended you - I can tell you've gone through your share of Hell on this planet .

boldy
Old 25-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Seeker

I wanted to share this article for some reason: oshotimes.blog.osho.com/2010/11/osho-explains-psychological-physical-aspects-of-pain/
Seems relevant.
Old 25-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiosotheos
Suicide can hardly be qualified as that much of an experience. If anything, it is more like a termination of experience.

Sorry to disagree with you, but until you've been there..... And it doesn't necessarily stop with death.

It's one thing to talk about suicide from a completely objective perspective, it's another thing when you've been brought so close to the point that it's the only option you can see. And yes, there are always choices but sometimes you don't feel too Spiritual when everything you've believed in goes by the wayside, or you're sitting there with a gun in your hand. It's seldom just about the person committing suicide's experience neither, unless there is absolutely nobody there who will miss them.
Old 25-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldylocks
Well, after reading my post, I do sound very cold and heartless- though that wasnt my intention-- just very poor terminology on my part. I do know how it feels to be depressed-- Depression is my emotion by default. Emotional pain is much worse than physical pain.

I'm sorry if I offended you - I can tell you've gone through your share of Hell on this planet .

boldy

awww you didn't really "offend" me. i just got my knickers knotted up a little bit. Earth is not for sissies, that's fer sure. anyOne with any amount of real sensitivity is gonna get whammed and i simply can't hold it against those folks who just can't endure the banal cruelty one too often enounters on this planet. if i weren't such a inquisitive person i'd have left on my own volition long ago. pain or no pain i'm just too curious to see what happens next to leave just yet.
Old 27-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Actually I felt this should be answered: to stop fear and/or pain. I think mostly people kill themselves because these or similar experiences are overwhelming, and they don't know how to stop them. When all known options seem to be exhausted, one goes for suicide, because what life has become is just too hard to bear. And one who hasn't experienced such depth of suffering would find it hard to understand and emphasize with ones who have.

Death would not be the end to fear if you were clinging onto fear, as you would just take it with you. The worst part is you would be moving to the mental planes. Which means what you think you draw to you. So if fear predominates your mind you would then bring fear to you in the mental planes. Faster than you could imagine in the physical plane.

If you are stuck in suffering then upon death you would continue to be stuck in suffering, and possible into a void of nothingness. So our fears and sufferings will not cease because we are deceased. It's not until we let go of them will we be able to be free of them.

Suicide would not be the option to get away from your earthly issues such as fear and suffering. You would continue to take them with you.
Old 27-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Administrator
Hello

I work with Spirits that have taken one's life. TRUST me it is not the simple way out one's at times feel it is. What issues one had in life still need healing in one's passing.

I have come to have to help some over to the Light that have not made that crossing as well, not out of regret for taking of their life but FEAR of not being worthy of going forth. Its NOT a nice place for a spirit to be. It too is hard on the family they leave behind. Many times one does not understand WHY they choose that path.

I was in that dark place once and if it was not for a devine intervention I would NOT be here today. I wanted OUT and me family would had been totally in the dark as to WHY, I would have left NO note or clues to why. Even a friend I had did not know I was in that dark place in life. I just seemed SHY.

I am not saying I condone it or do not condone it as it is a "personal" choice that one's make but when one is in that place there is HELP out there. I spent TWO year's on a hotline and I hope on hope I did make a difference.

I honestly can say I did not exhaust any OPTIONS when I went there, I just wanted OUT of all I was. Whom I was. Now looking back I was blessed I never went there. I payed that back to the one that helped me but being with him at his death, holding his hand as it slipped from mine in his passing.

He too in the end asked for the suffering to end, but that is not a choice I could make or do.

Lynn
Old 27-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Death would not be the end to fear if you were clinging onto fear, as you would just take it with you. The worst part is you would be moving to the mental planes. Which means what you think you draw to you. So if fear predominates your mind you would then bring fear to you in the mental planes. Faster than you could imagine in the physical plane.

If you are stuck in suffering then upon death you would continue to be stuck in suffering, and possible into a void of nothingness. So our fears and sufferings will not cease because we are deceased. It's not until we let go of them will we be able to be free of them.

Suicide would not be the option to get away from your earthly issues such as fear and suffering. You would continue to take them with you.

wait a minute. if what your asserting as "fact" is true then why would the mode of death matter? if your "fact" were true than anyOne in fear and in pain at the point of demise would end up in the horrid state of being you describe. which would mean billions and billions of people are stuck suffering in a void because certainly billions and billions of people have been in fear and in pain when they died ... even little children. i guess you PLAN on leaving this world in a state of compete contentment. i hope so because if you found yourself facing a fearful and painful death you'd be SOL. right? you'd carry your fear and suffering with you into a void of nothingness. right?

you don't know anymore than anyOne else does as to what happens after physical death so why make assertions as if you do?
Old 27-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
wait a minute. if what your asserting as "fact" is true then why would the mode of death matter? if your "fact" were true than anyOne in fear and in pain at the point of demise would end up in the horrid state of being you describe. which would mean billions and billions of people are stuck suffering in a void because certainly billions and billions of people have been in fear and pain when they died ... even little children.

you don't know anymore than anyOne else does as to what happens after physical death so why make assertions as if you do?

I never stated anything as fact... However can you say that there are not billions and billions of people stuck in such places upon death if that was what they were holding upon death? Whether you commit suicide or were hit by a car would not matter. That was not what I said. I was saying death would not change that. So taking your life would not change that experience. It would just make your life shorter.

Read up on those that have had NDE and see their experiences that they have shared upon their out of body experiences when they were holding onto fear. Read about those, like Lynn just mentioned that have not fully crossed over because they hold onto their fear of judgement.