Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 19-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Efficient action.

Let me tell you all a story, a true one. It was one of the few times my Dad and I were getting along and we had to clean up one of his appartments. I was meditating in the Tao style and most miraculous thing happened (the reason why I'm telling this story) indicating that the Tao is real, effecatious and brings one happiness.

I was medidtaing on efficient action and I was cruising along, just mediating like it was going out of style, analyzing my movement, but not concentrating but just focusing my attention on what I was doing. I was painting one of the rooms and was relaxing but going swiftly. I completed it in no time at all.

Something told me to touch one of the walls. It felt like the paint was kind of jello-y but it had instantly dried. I mean instantly, but not in the paint pan (wasn't any drying of the paint in the pan at all, very strange, completely liquid). So without thinking I grabbed a few screws and the covers to the outlets and the switches and put them on immediately.

My Dad, usually critical of me came in and was about to ask why I had put the covers back on the outlets, and he was moved to touch the freshly pained wall and found it more or less dry. I just grinned mildly at him and he left without a word.
Old 21-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon
I agree completely.
Whenever I'm feeling confused or upset about something I try to remember "Doing Nothing. I've noticed that when I meddle all I do is muddy the waters and prolong my misery. Doing nothing is hard because we want to control events. I wish I could remember that we control only ourselves. The rest of the Universe is out of our remit.

Besides our words and movements, I'm not sure how much of ourselves we do actually control?? We don't beat our heart, digest our food, determine which thoughts are going to arise or when, in other words we don't premeditate the thoughts we're going to think and then cause them to arise to think about them. We don't focus our eyes, determine how things taste, choose how loud we hear sounds or what the sounds sound like, we dont cause ourselves to fall asleep or wake up and etc. It seems like we really don't do much but it all gets done.
Old 19-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Do nothing.
Old 20-01-2019, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncarved Block
Do nothing.
Sure,
- when in doubt ......... hesitate.

But isn’t there a difference between doing nothing and ‘not-doing’ (?)
A bit like the difference between mindlessness and ‘no-mind’.

Old 30-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I do less and less, until I do nothing at all,
then nothing is left undone.