Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Hermes

Naturalness

Anyone have any advice on how to be natural?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Pathfinder

enter a day-long meditative state which suppresses control by the mind. in other words, you enter a meditative state but don't come out of it. then you are most natural because your mind's predilections don't interfere with your actions. of course, you do have to be careful to avoid situations detrimental to your health. you could prolong the meditative by using acupressure to activate a calming or restful nerve.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:08 PM
TaoSandwich

Simply notice what you do that is artificial and refrain from doing it. It may take a long, long time before you see true progress, but the process is often incremental. To Chevron's point, meditation is a helpful practice.

-TaoSandwich
Old 27-09-2015, 01:17 AM
Master
Wake up, live your day, go to sleep,,,

Surely, 'entering' a meditation is not a natural state, if meditative is natural you would just be in it anyway?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 03-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Wake up, live your day, go to sleep,,,

Surely, 'entering' a meditation is not a natural state, if meditative is natural you would just be in it anyway?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Meditation is a natural state, similar to sleeping....
Old 04-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Meditation is a natural state, similar to sleeping....

Yes,,,

Not if you have to 'enter' it tho

If it is as natural as sleeping you would just be in it, just like you don't need to be in a bed to sleep,,,

When you have to 'enter' a meditative state you are merely practicing

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 05-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Master
Jo, I think your understanding of meditation is what is stopping you understand that it is a natural state, there are many ways to meditate without having to ' enter '

For example, the space between each thought is nothingness, this is a meditative state without having to ' enter ' it just is, as natural as breathing.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Jo, I think your understanding of meditation is what is stopping you understand that it is a natural state, there are many ways to meditate without having to ' enter '

For example, the space between each thought is nothingness, this is a meditative state without having to ' enter ' it just is, as natural as breathing.

I also think your understanding of what I mean is stopping you understand what I am saying

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 05-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
I also think your understanding of what I mean is stopping you understand what I am saying

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Your lack of response proves that your not ready to understand what meditation is, not a problem. When the times right we all learn
Old 05-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Your lack of response proves that your not ready to understand what meditation is, not a problem. When the times right we all learn

Indeed

Enjoy your journey

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx