Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 21-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

I love Taoist thought. Lao Tzu is one of the wisest!

What is the Dao? I suppose it is a path to the divine.
Old 27-05-2012, 02:45 AM
shamanslave

Anyone ever realize that it is very possible the Tao is also known as the almighty Creator God himself?
Old 27-05-2012, 05:55 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanslave
Anyone ever realize that it is very possible the Tao is also known as the almighty Creator God himself?
Not really..

Be well..
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
RiversLady

Quote:

God is a noun. Tao is a verb. I guess you could think of the Tao as an action/reaction that she herself would have. And if you can comfortably get your mind around both of these concepts at once, you are doing pretty fair.
Old 13-09-2012, 09:06 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady
God is a noun. Tao is a verb. I guess you could think of the Tao as an action/reaction that she herself would have. And if you can comfortably get your mind around both of these concepts at once, you are doing pretty fair.
Can you explain how Tao is a verb? The literal translation is "way", or "road", and.. a Taoist mentor, very traditional Yellow Dragon sect Taoist, explains Tao as "the 'way' things are"..

Be well..

Last edited by TzuJanLi : 14-09-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 13-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Can you explain how Tao is a verb? The literal translation is "way", or "road", and.. a Taoist mentor, very traditional Yellow Dragon sect Taoist, explains Tao as "the 'way' thing are"..

Be well..

I'm with Dragon dude.
Old 27-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, totally agree Shamanslave, that would be my interpretation too. Of course none of us really know for sure, but, if the Tao is also` the way` then I know what the way is not, and it is not conflict.
We need to be kinder I think, and not point score with intellectual weaponry, that is definitley not the way

Be Groovy
Old 28-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Pathfinder

I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhig
Greetings

Does anyone know anything about the Dao ?

Peace to all

unruhig

Ready for some spiritual paradoxes? No one knows "anything" about the Dao! To know the Dao is to know "nothing"! Doesn't make much sense really, but my advice is that if you want to fulfill your search for the Dao, don't ask "What is the Dao?" ask "What am I?". Journey the catalog of all your past and contemplate the questions: why you do the things you do?, why you didn't do things? why do you think the way you do?, why do you feel attracted to some people/things, and not others? Keep asking questions like this until you discover your ego. Then after an infinite number of lifetimes, when the stars align and shine fortune on a monkey's bum you will find that you are the Dao. Because the Dao is monkey bums. That's a fact so don't question it!
Old 30-11-2012, 02:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Tao..... could be not trying to demonstrate how profoundly we can illustrate what we believe Tao is, with clever sayings and such.. it could be simplicity and clarity.

Tao..... could be perfectly natural, but who can accept that that an oil spill is 'natural', or war and suffering..

Tao..... could be change, constant and evolving.. and, perfect stillness through which the change is known..

So...... if the perfectly natural happening doesn't resonate with your 'Tao', change it..

Be well..
Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Nightshade

It's a hard question because Tao is the inexpressible and indefinable. I think that what Chuang Tzu tried to say is that we humans are not evolved enough to be able to fully comprehend or understand the Tao (hence we cannot put it into words in the same way we can define an object, or even something abstract such as time).

Because, Tao is neither a thing, an object or a substance but something of an abstract container, or road (path) for everything. Tao is not god, but it is the source of creation. We can not directly witness Tao, but we can see a glimpse of "it" through many of it's effects in nature. Tao is the natural universe as a whole, and the way of nature as a whole.

Compared to say Buddhism, I see Tao as where Maya resides. Maya is the illusion of spacetime, the illusion of the ego, the illusion of everything that we know about. But Maya is not the rules or the laws of how things are to be - the rules and the laws are the Tao? Or am I completely off-track here?