Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-09-2018, 08:26 AM
Suspended
Guide

Sleep paralysis and vibrations

It started more than 6 years ago and from that moment on, I experienced sleep paralysis more than I can count, sometimes, 3 to 4 times on a single night.At first it was really frightening but with time I found that if you relax, eventually you wake up.Well, last night, better said, with few hours ago, I experienced something new, while I was under the influence of sleep paralysis, my whole body started to vibrate, the vibrations were really powerful.I could do nothing to wake up, I tried again and again, so I had to feel it till the end, believe me, this is something you wish not to happen again.I could feel the effects of these vibrations even after I was awake, it was a very strange feeling, like my whole body is messed up.

Do you have any idea about what happened?

Now, one more thing, before going into this "state", I had 1-3 dreams and in one of them, someone asked me a math question ( I love math ), well, I gave the answer 9.2, or something like that, but 9 for sure.Well, 9 is the number that I keep on seeing again and again, and everything started on 25 last month, on my birthday.

Now, few moments ago I remembered another dream from last night, well, I think you all heard about it, I was in a tunnel, but this tunnel was vertically ( I was flying up ) and at the end of it ( I could see the end ) there was a very powerful light, you know, you barely can look directly at the Sun, well, I could watch this powerful light with no such problems.I don't know, but at first, I had the feeling that this light was waiting for me, then, I got scared, I thought that this light is going to judge me for all my mistakes and that's how the dream ended.
Old 17-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Knower

Our bodies paralyze themselves while we're asleep so we don't act out our dreams. Sometimes people can wake up in that paralyzed state and it can be scary. Part of you may see your bedroom and part of you is still somewhat dreaming and this can cause you to hallucinate (dream) that something scary is in your bedroom with you. It's like you're perceiving both the dream and your bedroom at the same time. One time while in sleep paralysis I hallucinated a big snake wrapping itself around me. Usually these scary hallucinations are just thought forms that we drempt up because we can't move and we're scared. If you want to wake up just try to relax and start by moving your fingers. I've heard that is suppose to help.

The vibrations are also normal. You may even hear a wooshing sound like strong wind, and even get caught up in it as you exit your physical body. This is sometimes experienced right before you leave your body or astral project. There are lots of books written on astral projection. I like Kurt Lelands book "Otherwhere: A Field Guide To Non Physical Reality". Robert Monroe also writes about his Journeys out of body.

You moving through a tunnel and seeing a light at the end of it sounds like an experience in non-physical reality. You can astral project easily from sleep paralysis just by desiring to. It is easier to project from that state. So maybe you should learn more about astral projection so you can take advantage of those moments of paralysis. I've heard that with experience some people get to where they no longer experience the vibration stage. You can also skip over the vibration stage and just find yourself in the non-physical. That happens sometimes too. I guess our astral body separates from the physical body during the vibration stage if we allow it, but you might not always be conscious of it when it happens. You might start out in a dream and then gain awareness and realize you're already out of your body.

There is an area in the non-phyiscal that Kurt Leland calls the dream zone where we dream. If you are dreaming, but you're not aware that it's a dream, than it's just a dream. If you are dreaming and you become aware that it's a dream, then it's a lucid dream. And if you become even more aware it could be called astral projection. Just as we experience different levels of awareness while awake (beta, alpha, theta, delta), we also experience different levels of awareness in the non-physical.
Old 17-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Knower
I agree with Kuurt. Also, some people find sleep paralysis a great platform for astral projection. While experiencing SP, try to remain relaxed and lightly focus on the vibrations. I've projected from SP a few times.

Also, the hallucinations Kuurt mentioned are common for some people. If you are interested, research Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic hallucinations. I used to have this happen frequently until I learned about this phenomenon. Then, coincidence or not, they stopped.
Old 19-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Suspended
Guide

I am comfortable with sleep paralysis, I have 6 years of experience.

I think this is the next step, astral projection, but it's not easy, I can relax, but my mind is only thinking at how to go out of it, I have to take control, to change this thinking.I know it takes time, it took me a long time to understand that there's nothing harmful with sleep paralysis.
Old 23-09-2018, 03:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
There is an area in the non-phyiscal that Kurt Leland calls the dream zone where we dream. If you are dreaming, but you're not aware that it's a dream, than it's just a dream. If you are dreaming and you become aware that it's a dream, then it's a lucid dream. And if you become even more aware it could be called astral projection. Just as we experience different levels of awareness while awake (beta, alpha, theta, delta), we also experience different levels of awareness in the non-physical.

That isnt the case for me, I can have very lucid lucid dreaming where I am fully aware and can have OBEs in which Im finding it harder to maintain consciousness and functioning. So I can not distinguish between my OBEs and LDs based on how much awareness I have.

To me its more about location and which energy body you are in during the experince. eg are I in my astral body and experiencing my real astral body or are in in my mental body self at the time and experiencing from that level (that is "the dream zone").

People when they are dreaming can be astrally seen as still right by their bodies eg unawarely standing there or just floating above their physical bodies and they just apparently form images about themselves in the astral (astral thought forms), mental body as they dream.. I assume with lucid dreaming the same thing is happening.

It is quite possible to to have a mixed experience where one is astral projecting and experiencing that but also doing some dreaming too. You can compare that with say someone is having a physical world experience but starts daydreaming... you can have both going on at the same time.

It can be tricky to distinguish between very vivid LDs and astral projections. One way is to do a reality check to see if what you are experiencing is real or not eg if you are astral and look around your home.. can you see anything which would help prove that the experience was real? If you cant prove it or come up with false info eg miss seeing the astral forms of what is really physically there, you could well be lucid dreaming the experience.
.................................................. .................................................. .............................

I cant remember a time where I successfully did an astral projection from a sleep paralyses state. One part of my issue is I cant stand those vibrations which get so strong that I feel like Im about to be shaken to pieces or like my teeth are going to be shaken out of my head (just too unpleasant). My other issue is I tend to stay in the sleep paralyses state for sooo long, I can be in that state for over an hour or more and not experience vibrations. Irronically there has been times after an hour or so in which Ive given up and decided to pull myself out of sleep paralayses eg try to wiggle a toe, only then to end up in false awakening states where Im dreaming but dont know it and think its real until I really wake back up.

One way some use vibrations to get out is to focus on increasing these, increase till you are flung out.
Old 23-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
It started more than 6 years ago and from that moment on, I experienced sleep paralysis more than I can count, sometimes, 3 to 4 times on a single night.At first it was really frightening but with time I found that if you relax, eventually you wake up.Well, last night, better said, with few hours ago, I experienced something new, while I was under the influence of sleep paralysis, my whole body started to vibrate, the vibrations were really powerful.I could do nothing to wake up, I tried again and again, so I had to feel it till the end, believe me, this is something you wish not to happen again.I could feel the effects of these vibrations even after I was awake, it was a very strange feeling, like my whole body is messed up.

Now, one more thing, before going into this "state", I had 1-3 dreams and in one of them, someone asked me a math question ( I love math ), well, I gave the answer 9.2, or something like that, but 9 for sure.Well, 9 is the number that I keep on seeing again and again, and everything started on 25 last month, on my birthday.

Now, few moments ago I remembered another dream from last night, well, I think you all heard about it, I was in a tunnel, but this tunnel was vertically ( I was flying up ) and at the end of it ( I could see the end ) there was a very powerful light, you know, you barely can look directly at the Sun, well, I could watch this powerful light with no such problems.I don't know, but at first, I had the feeling that this light was waiting for me, then, I got scared, I thought that this light is going to judge me for all my mistakes and that's how the dream ended.

As a child, I use to experience these situations generally all night long.

What I have found is not to be fearful - and try to sit back and enjoy the journey. Sometimes I think some of this is coming from my lower self.
Old 23-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
That isnt the case for me, I can have very lucid lucid dreaming where I am fully aware and can have OBEs in which Im finding it harder to maintain consciousness and functioning. So I can not distinguish between my OBEs and LDs based on how much awareness I have.

Why do you call one a lucid dream and the other an OBE then? Probably because in the lucid dream you only had lucid awareness - you we're aware of the fact that you were dreaming, but not aware enough to know that you were in your astral body in the non-physical. With the one you called an OBE you knew you were in your astral body in the non-physical. Some people have experienced shifting through all three levels of awareness (dream awareness, lucid awareness, astral awareness) during a single OBE journey. I believe I've experienced this myself. I think we can gain and lose awareness through an experience.

Quote:
People when they are dreaming can be astrally seen as still right by their bodies eg unawarely standing there or just floating above their physical bodies and they just apparently form images about themselves in the astral (astral thought forms), mental body as they dream.. I assume with lucid dreaming the same thing is happening.

Kurt Leland says that a lot of books don't mention the fact that there is an etheric body. He says when people astral project and find themselves in their bedrooms and are only able to move a few yards that's because they're in their etheric body and not the astral body. The etheric body, according to Kurt has the cord that connects it to the physical body and you can't go very far away from the physical body when in the etheric body. If you can move very far away from the physical body then you're probably not in the etheric body and you probably won't see a cord unless you image or dream one up. I think it's the etheric body that floats above the physical when we're sleeping and that doesn't mean we're in that body when it's happening. We could be in one of the other bodies in non-physical reality.

Quote:
It is quite possible to to have a mixed experience where one is astral projecting and experiencing that but also doing some dreaming too.

Yeah I think we're sort of dreaming in all three. The non-physical responds to our thoughts. When we see other beings while astral projecting for example we often perceive them as we imagine them instead of as they really are. And when you astral project and find yourself in your home, most things could look normal, but then there could be something that isn't right about it like a piece of furniture is out of place.
Old 25-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan

Much can be learned by reading up on Robert Monroe or the other pioneers of astral projection. All of what you explain is this occurring naturally. And is the start of you leaving your body.

The most important thing is to understand a great deal of people do exactly what you describe on purpose very frequently and enjoy the experience. Nothing is to be feared. There are many ways to snap out of it. One method is wiggling the big toe but that is when you’re out of the body. I would suggest doing research on astral projection to learn how to do it. If only to control it from not happening any more and affecting your sleep.

You can also affect this by diet and what you do throughout your day. If you smoke what you ingest and so fourth.

And the dream sounds like you being judgemental about yourself for your spiritual progress. But I’m not a Dream interpreter. Take that lightly