Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oookiritokunooo
Didn’t know what category to place this in but here it goes.

One of my good friends brought this up to me one day while telling a story of when he visited his father and Hel in Hell. He was walking around on the flames and all the demons and souls were asking why he isnt burning. Mind you he is a seraphim as well. After he reaches the gate of the castle that Lucifer and Hel are staying in he turns around and says “Why should I burn? The fire is energy...I’m made from energy... it just wouldn’t make sense.” Then he walks inside.

What do you guys think about this? Can you really resist being burnt because of this idea? Let me know I’d be glad to discuss :) (respectfully)

Firewalkers similarly use such beliefsets to gain the nerve to swiftly walk through fire and state to themselves they are immune to it. Some get burnt though.

Imho, heaven and hell can be metaphors for the tamed and untamed mind as taught in Buddhism and Hinduism....

"Monks, I know not of any other single thing so conducive to great loss as the untamed mind. The untamed mind indeed conduces to great loss.
"Monks, I know not of any other single thing so conducive to great profit as the tamed mind. The tamed mind indeed conduces to great profit. – Buddha

Mind can be demon and divine too – it can be what you make it. So choose wisely. – Anandmurti Gurumaa

Ultimately, you can see for yourself clearly that it is the quality of the mind that creates a hell or heaven around you. It is probable that ideas of heaven and hell were created to teach virtuous conduct among the common people in those times using fear of Lucifer or the devil and hellfire.

Similar to mothers and grandmothers disciplining their hyperactive little children with stories of the bogeyman coming to catch them at night, if they don't behave properly.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 17-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Newbie ;)

If one believes one will burn (s)he will burn. That is my take on the subjects. What we believe, we create in one form or another. I personally dont believe in Hell. Purgatory on the other hand maybe, but not Hell as it is often potrayed.

The question of what or who is Hel.

In Norse mythology, and according to Edda - medieval collection of poems (poetic Edda, 13th century), Hel is a a goddess daughter of Loki, who rules over Hel, where she receives a portion of the dead. Mainly the ones that don't go to Valhalla, i.e. those who do not die a heroic or notable death. Hel is appointed by the god Odin as a ruler of the mentioned realm, located in Nifelheim. One has to keep in mind that Nifelheim and Hel are kind of overlapping realms.

Niflheim is primarily a realm of ice and cold, being one of the two primordial realms, the other one being Muspelheim, the realm of fire. Between these two realms of cold and heat, creation began when its waters mixed with the heat of Muspelheim.

I highly recommend reading Edda, poetic and prose. It is a very nice collection of knowledge if one is patient enough.
Old 19-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Guide

hahaha .... its not an idea ~
Old 20-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Deactivated Account
I believe that the concept of hell is a backward ignorant superstitious belief, that has no place in this world today.
Old 20-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
I believe that the concept of hell is a backward ignorant superstitious belief, that has no place in this world today.

It has a major place in the world today .. It is used to manipulate and brainwash the masses by various religions, God forbid that we don't do what we are told and follow the leaders like sheep and while we follow lets not even question them.... otherwise you go to hell.
Old 20-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It has a major place in the world today .. It is used to manipulate and brainwash the masses by various religions, God forbid that we don't do what we are told and follow the leaders like sheep and while we follow lets not even question them.... otherwise you go to hell.
Yes that is true, you think that we would have grown up by now and realized its all a big fat lie.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Master
[quote=revolver]Yes that is true, you think that we would have grown up by now and realized its all a big fat lie.[/QUOTE

Well at least we have all the others will have burnt backsides 😈
Old 20-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Master
We burn fiercely so that we may purify and refine our true indomitable essence into something transcendent and Divine. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 20-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
We burn fiercely so that we may purify and refine our true indomitable essence into something transcendent and Divine. :)
Metaphorically yes, but to be believed literally is missing the whole point, and one needs to mature spiritually to truly understand this.
Old 20-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Deactivated Account
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Yes that is true, you think that we would have grown up by now and realized its all a big fat lie.[/QUOTE

Well at least we have all the others will have burnt backsides 😈
ha, i love it.