Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 27-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Order from chaos has naught to do with explosions
I think if you meditate really hard on what an explosion is you will realize that there relation between an explosion and chaos.
Quote:
'laws' are simply naturally occurring principles of nature
Please explain to me what the difference is between a law of nature and a principle of nature? A PRINCIPLE implies a principle-maker.

If my law-maker is an illusion then please explain to me where all the living entities came from? Did they just emerge from a soup?
Old 27-06-2011, 06:24 PM
TzuJanLi

Greeting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
I think if you meditate really hard on what an explosion is you will realize that there relation between an explosion and chaos.

Please explain to me what the difference is between a law of nature and a principle of nature? A PRINCIPLE implies a principle-maker.

If my law-maker is an illusion then please explain to me where all the living entities came from? Did they just emerge from a soup?
Yes, from soup.. and where did the soup come from, you might ask, so.. it comes from its 'source', and so IS its source.. the source sets a part of itself aside, so the source (the Original One, now many AND One) can experience itself through its own physical evolution, so.. the 'soup' was place on the journey of evolution, and many more 'places' there will be..

A principle does not imply a principle maker, it implies nothing other than an 'existing principle', it is YOU that imagines a 'maker'..

Be well..
Old 28-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
the source (the soup) sets a part of itself aside
Wow a sentient soup, that can “experience itself” and “.. the 'soup' was place on the journey of evolution, and many more 'places'” … well I can’t make much sense of what you are trying to say.
If living entities can emerge from matter then where are they? Every living entity that has ever been observed comes from another living entity. Where is your evidence for your claim? There are billions of living entities that are evidence that life comes life.
Old 28-06-2011, 04:27 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Wow a sentient soup, that can “experience itself” and “.. the 'soup' was place on the journey of evolution, and many more 'places'” … well I can’t make much sense of what you are trying to say.
If living entities can emerge from matter then where are they? Every living entity that has ever been observed comes from another living entity. Where is your evidence for your claim? There are billions of living entities that are evidence that life comes life.
Life is Energy, matter is Energy, it's all energy.. i hope you will take some time to consider the relationships of energy to Life and matter, and even 'soup', it's all energy..

Be well..
Old 29-06-2011, 01:59 AM
LIFE

Quote:
Every living entity comes from another living entity...Every living being is proof of God...Therefore it only logical to conclude that there is a living being that is source of all others.

Let's follow this logic to it's end. You said that "God" is a living entity, and yet you said that, "every living entity comes from another living entity."

So what being did the living entity know as "God" come from?

Quote:
IMHO all ancient knowledge such as the I-Ching and Taijitu are far older than Chinese culture as we know it and are in fact from the ancient world wide Vedic culture

Speaking of Vedic culture, you might be interested in the the Atharva Veda of the Kaivalya Upanishad:

"He is the Supreme Brahman, the Self of all. The chief foundation of this world, subtler than the subtle, eternal. That thou art, thou art That."
Old 29-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Life is Energy, matter is Energy, it's all energy.. i hope you will take some
time to consider the relationships of energy to Life and matter, and even
'soup', it's all energy..
It’s all energy … so what. That doesn’t answer my question. If life can originate from matter then where is that living entity that has no father. Must we just have blind faith that such a living entity exists. If living entities can emerge from soup in the past why can’t they now?
Because it all energy does mean that it doesn’t matter if the energy is in a living or a dead condition. How about if I was to try and convert your energy from a living condition to a dead condition? I’m sure you wouldn’t be spouting this nonsense about how it’s all energy then!
If there is energy then there must be an Energetic! Just like sunshine energy comes from the sun. Electrical energy comes from a power station. In same way God is the Energetic source of all energy!
Old 29-06-2011, 02:04 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
It’s all energy … so what. That doesn’t answer my question. If life can originate from matter then where is that living entity that has no father. Must we just have blind faith that such a living entity exists. If living entities can emerge from soup in the past why can’t they now?
Because it all energy does mean that it doesn’t matter if the energy is in a living or a dead condition. How about if I was to try and convert your energy from a living condition to a dead condition? I’m sure you wouldn’t be spouting this nonsense about how it’s all energy then!
If there is energy then there must be an Energetic! Just like sunshine energy comes from the sun. Electrical energy comes from a power station. In same way God is the Energetic source of all energy!
'God' is a belief you have attached to living energy.. this planet has evolved beyond the primordial soup stage, though humans are building new 'soups', and.. new life-forms are evolving at the microscopic levels, but.. you are so blinded by your beliefs you won't look and see, you just preach.. so, at what point do you actually threaten me? it seems so easy behind a keyboard, doesn't it?

Be well..
Old 30-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
.. this planet has evolved beyond the primordial soup stage, though humans are building new 'soups', and.. new life-forms are evolving at the microscopic levels but.. you are so blinded by your beliefs you won't look and see, you just preach..
Thank you for giving your authoritative opinion on new life-forms coming from soups. If living entities can be produced from matter then let the big scientists combine some chemicals and create a living entity. Something like one blade of living grass. In fact one cell is so complex that it is beyond their abilities. My “beliefs” are based on sound logic I can “see” that every living entity comes from another. Yet your “belief” that life comes from matter is based on nothing but blind foolish faith. You have no evidence. Despite every living entity that ever been seen coming from another you still “believe” that life can come from matter. I want to “see” such a living entity. Let the scientist produce such a living entity, “seeing” is believing!

Quote:
at what point do you actually threaten me? it seems so easy behind a keyboard, doesn't it?
I was not threatening you I was simply demonstrating how when it comes to your own energy, your not so ambivalent about it living or dead condition. Your emotional response further demonstrates my point! If it all one, what’s the big deal. Your just energy in any condition what are you getting so upset about. All your “energy” will still be there even if it is non-functioning.
Old 30-06-2011, 02:35 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Every living entity comes from another living entity...Every living being is proof of God...Therefore it only logical to conclude that there is a living being that is source of all others.

I-Ching,

If "God" is a living entity and "every living entity comes from another living entity"...then my question is:

What being did the living entity known as "God" come from?
Old 30-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
I-Ching,

If "God" is a living entity and "every living entity comes from another living entity"...then my question is:

What being did the living entity known as "God" come from?

Your logic is sound. These two statements are inconsistent. God must not be living, or there was some living being that came from something not living, or God had a predecessor and the stacking of turtles goes on forever.