Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 04-02-2011, 03:23 PM
windwhistle

How does one practice Taoism ?

I said, "TzuJanLi and Uhmar's answers seem truest to me."

Please accept my apologies for this callous statement. It is not true. Everyone who responded to this post had useful information and keen insight. I have used everyone's ideas and put them into practice this week. I just realized this yesterday afternoon. I have blundered. Oops...

'All comparison leads to Misery.'

I'm still learning...sorry to offend folks
Old 19-03-2011, 07:13 PM
aser's homie

Smile and taoism is rehersed. Don't think tao like a precept same like trying out to fix cotton candy only to shrink it and make it blum.

Have the talk of a smile, this is Tao. To be a big tamed bulldog that way such is.

Do action of small smile, is Tao. To have the expansion of a winged one.
Old 20-03-2011, 05:39 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I said, "TzuJanLi and Uhmar's answers seem truest to me."

Please accept my apologies for this callous statement. It is not true. Everyone who responded to this post had useful information and keen insight. I have used everyone's ideas and put them into practice this week. I just realized this yesterday afternoon. I have blundered. Oops...

'All comparison leads to Misery.'

I'm still learning...sorry to offend folks
Pandering to the egos of those who were ignored is not the Tao's way.

'All comparison leads to Misery.' you write, and immediately thereafter you compare yourself to the learned and set apart those who are offended and those who are not.
Old 22-03-2011, 09:29 PM
LadyTerra

By opening your mind to the Pantheistic awareness that all things are connected to each other--then allowing yourself to connect to all the misery, joy, suffering, and triumph--that is life.

Simply put--Empathy and connecting to the Universal Consciousness is the essence of Tao.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...
Old 31-08-2011, 10:09 PM
hand415

"Te-Tao Ching" translated by Robert G. Henricks is a good start.
Seek the highest virtue, The way is that which requires diligence;
"I Ching"; ask the Book of Changes a question based in "Is it an auspicious time to pursue a particular course of action?";
Internal Martial Arts (QiGong), an hour a day of breathing and stretching;
Herbs to balance the system for optimal performance;
Discussion of Virtue & the Way with a friend: work out reality in terms of what demonstrates the finest of qualities, what is the greatest path locally, nationally, globally.
All around optimal performance, while shedding the unnecessary from life.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Master
One practices Taoism by the Realization that you don't need to practice Taoism, you only need to be who you already are, but can you truly be that ?.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:17 PM
elle_jay

I think the power of realisation can be our creation. But creating what and where can be a gamble. Oh well I am one that needs to make peace with the fact that you need challenges to grow in life.
Using your gifts and talents is being true to yourself. Otherwise isn't that just ignorance and procrastination?

I HAVE to change my recent thought patterns and no some days aren't easy, even though I can truely believe I am a kind peron at heart, my wit and sarcasm which I thought could help me keep my sanity, I'm just realising, are bringing me down.

Thanks Ladytera for your line on empathy and universal consciousness.
Old 18-11-2011, 08:36 PM
bagua7

Watch the natural environment and connect it with your inner self. Then you'll realise the Dao. :)
Old 22-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Carry a big hammer and whack desire with it every time it sneaks back.
Old 24-08-2013, 08:32 AM
MadamStar

Try the book "The Tao of Science" by Siu. It is a great way to understand what Tao is all about :)