Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 07-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Seeker

is this forum still active

just wondering as i don't see many recent posts
if you are still about say Hi or give us a shout
be interesting to start to get to know the regulars
Old 11-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Experiencer
Perhaps there are not many posts in a Taoist forum because; Those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Master
True....

That's very true Within Silence... I visit that topic area now and again, purely out of interest, that there might be something that pertained to me personally...

Can't say I've ever come across anything really significant...

What I would suggest Arley, is that you spread your wings a bit and visit a few more sections and do a good scan from what you find there...

I can always find something to interest myself, or I can go to my own 'Robbies space' and write about what is or has been going on in my life... You can take a look in there if you like... I usually post once a day - on average...

Once you've completed the basic input requirements, you could always start your own space for others to read and write - to you... That should keep you going...

Robbie

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 11-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
Perhaps there are not many posts in a Taoist forum because; Those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know.

Is it true that those who write do not know as well ?

Old 11-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Experiencer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Is it true that those who write do not know as well ?

Yup, I know I don't know.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Seeker

cool so i am not just talking to myself then, not that, that is such a bad thing

I have had a look at a few other sites, just found a wicca one, if we dig deep enough we will usually find treasure
It always surprises me what some people believe and power to them if that helps, me i don't have much faith
except maybe change being the only constant
love and contentment xxxxx
Old 12-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Love
cool so i am not just talking to myself then, not that, that is such a bad thing

I have had a look at a few other sites, just found a wicca one, if we dig deep enough we will usually find treasure
It always surprises me what some people believe and power to them if that helps, me i don't have much faith
except maybe change being the only constant
love and contentment xxxxx

No you are not talking to yourself.

I write on other forums which for some reason no one responds to what I write. I used to get upset at this and think it was a waste of time. But I noticed the hit counter on my threads going up and up and up, so its not that people weren't reading it, they just weren't responding. Then I realized my own desire for recognition for what I was writing, in other words, I was writing to get a response which is a form of greed, I was greedy for approval/recognition of what I was writing which is the wrong reason to write.

We never know when the seeds we plant are going to take root, or what potential influence they may have in someone's life, thus, all we can do is continue to cast the seeds and let the fall where they may. We must share for the sake of sharing, without any intent for reward.
Old 13-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
No you are not talking to yourself.

I write on other forums which for some reason no one responds to what I write. I used to get upset at this and think it was a waste of time. But I noticed the hit counter on my threads going up and up and up, so its not that people weren't reading it, they just weren't responding. Then I realized my own desire for recognition for what I was writing, in other words, I was writing to get a response which is a form of greed, I was greedy for approval/recognition of what I was writing which is the wrong reason to write.

We never know when the seeds we plant are going to take root, or what potential influence they may have in someone's life, thus, all we can do is continue to cast the seeds and let the fall where they may. We must share for the sake of sharing, without any intent for reward.

"We must share for the sake of sharing, without any intent for reward."

Nicely expressed post !

Old 15-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Seeker

some interesting and wise words, two of my favourite things
thanks for sharing

love and contentment xxxbxx
Old 27-01-2017, 01:47 AM
Experiencer
What a lovely thread