Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 18-07-2021, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
FWIW This doesn’t resonate with me much, I’m more interested in developing the subtle channels than trying to tap into the Source. More along the lines of ‘build the subtle energy body and the source will come’.

Perhaps my choice of words was not the best. The "Be Still and Know that I AM God" PURIFICATION principle facilitates the Source shining through for me.

FWIW, although I am very aware of various traditions that do talk about the various subtle bodies in an attempt to explain things, I personally do not try to "build the subtle energy body" and am not focused on "developing the subtle channels". That didn't resonate with me at all though I am aware of teachers who focus on the lower vehicles. I obviously misunderstood your previous post.
Old 18-07-2021, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Perhaps my choice of words was not the best. The "Be Still and Know that I AM God" PURIFICATION principle facilitates the Source shining through for me.

FWIW, although I am very aware of various traditions that do talk about the various subtle bodies in an attempt to explain things, I personally do not try to "build the subtle energy body" and am not focused on "developing the subtle channels".
Do you mean the subtle energy body is a lower vehicle? If so, what is the higher vehicle?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-08-2021 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Shortened as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Do you mean the subtle energy body is a lower vehicle? If so, what is the higher vehicle?

Since you have clearly stated that my approach doesn't "resonate" with you, may I suggest that you continue this particular discussion with Ewwerrin since it appears that you two are operating on a similar wavelength.

Tao 9 (concluding verse):

This is the way of heaven:
.... do your work, then quietly step back.

I made a point which didn't "resonate" with you so now I "quietly step back".
Old 19-07-2021, 05:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 187 EXCERPT: I have done my best in trying to continue the spiritual dialogue about realizations beyond the 5 senses ... and even beyond intellect and words.

Yes, you have. Spirituality is a cuisine for the soul that is beyond the 5 senses. This is why there is more than one way to cook food: Taoism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Paganism, etc. And you seem to like fusion: Asian dishes with a western touch.

I like it simple. Real sustenance - to me - is something I can see, smell, taste, and sink my teeth in. I prefer my food off the vine with no machinations of the human mind.

I am not into dualism. There is no separation between mind and matter, body and soul, me and you. Spirituality that has nothing to do with the squirrels and birds in my garden has nothing to do with me.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Deactivated Account
As I see it the "door" has no one key. Each of us is unique. Yes, it is simple, and I do agree that finally we just "chop wood, carry water".

But the "exploration", the "path"? As Merton said:- "How far I have to go to find You in Whom I have already arrived!"

That said, I simply do not like the word "spirituality".
Old 05-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
I simply do not like the word "spirituality".

What's wrong with that word ~ I think it's a great word

Quote:
I suppose it is true, too many words can lead to the development of all sorts of isms. Getting too caught up in all those isms can lead one to become an ist. The problem with being an ist is that ists tend to get stuck in their isms, and have a hard time getting back out. Better to avoid getting hypnotized by those isms.
The Tao that can be ismed is not the true Tao. The sage is not an ist.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
What's wrong with that word ~ I think it's a great word
I'm a very secular guy. I don't really go for distinguishing in terms of being "spiritual" or "unspiritual". That's it really.
Not trying to stop anyone else using it.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
I'm a very secular guy. I don't really go for distinguishing in terms of being "spiritual" or "unspiritual". That's it really.
Not trying to stop anyone else using it.

I attended a Sufi Zikr before the pandemic and the presiding Shaik asked attendees to define what they meant by spirituality.

One attendee responded in a very Buddhist-like manner with one word: "Awake".

I loved it !