Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 19-07-2011, 02:27 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
I have observed from interacting with you that your thinking is based more on emotion than reason. So I don't think we will be able to have a productive dialogue.

Be Well.
Of course.. you have no valid rebuttal, so retreat.. i bid you farewell..
Old 19-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Topology

Quote:
God has given us the knowledge of how to come out of ignorance. If we simply chant the Names of God, we will get the experience.

Is chanting the names of God the only way to get the experience?

Quote:
Same answer by chanting you will have gnosis.

Is chanting the only way to Gnosis?

Quote:
True, it is self-evident but confidential at the same time.
"This confidential knowledge may not be explained to those who are not austere, or devoted, or engaged in devotional service, nor to one who is envious of Me." Bg 18.67
Rationality is absolute 1+1=2 is rational 1+1=3 is irrational. It is not simply a matter of opinion. Just because someone thinks something is rational doesn't make it rational.

1+1=2 is something we learned. There are axioms (assumptions) which entail the behavior. If we use a different set of axioms or assumptions, we would get a different symbolic behavior. So what appears to be rational is completely determined by our assumptions (axioms). In the argument over what are the correct or proper assumptions, it is not a rational debate. The debate is based on intuition, which axioms feel more intuitively right.
Old 19-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Master
intuitive insights tend to be interpreted in terms of one's mind conditioning. a hindu will almost always certainly understands and speaks about these insights in terms of its own belief system.
Old 21-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Is chanting the names of God the only way to get the experience?
No bhakti yoga has 8 limbs hearing, chanting, praying, Deity worship, remembering, becoming an intimate friend, an intimate servant, and surrendering everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
1+1=2 is something we learned. There are axioms (assumptions) which entail the behavior. If we use a different set of axioms or assumptions, we would get a different symbolic behavior. So what appears to be rational is completely determined by our assumptions (axioms). In the argument over what are the correct or proper assumptions, it is not a rational debate. The debate is based on intuition, which axioms feel more intuitively right.
Some axioms are true and some are not. Reality doesn't change to suit our axioms.
Old 14-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Achilles

What is that i ching?