Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-12-2017, 01:25 PM
55Degrees

Year Ahead Spread.

Anybody done their year ahead spread yet? I'd be interested to see what spreads people use.
I found a fab little 'overall theme' spread by 'my wandering fool' (sorry can't link to it as it is a commercial site).

The layout could be anything you prefer, the card positions are-

Card 1) Main theme for the year
Card 2) Departing energies from 2017
Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018
Card 4) Future opportunities
Card 5) Upcoming obstacles
Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles
Card 7) How to achieve your goals.

I found it to be quite concise and allows a more in depth exploration if you want to go further in to the reading.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Deactivated Account

The Mary-el Tarot ( p.s. very non traditional)

I used spread format from My Wandering Soul

Card 1) Main theme for the year - Four of Disks
Card 2) Departing energies from 2017- Strength
Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018 - Queen of Swords
Card 4) Future opportunities - Ace of Wands
Card 5) Upcoming obstacles - Knight of Wands
Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles - The Fool
Card 7) How to achieve your goals -- Two of Swords Reversed.

Just a very brief interpretation for the sake of sharing/game play. Btw, I love the Mary-el tarot. The four of disks ( pic above) is one of my favorite cards too ( Non traditional). Indicates overall stability,building foundation, root chakra balance ( which I have been working on a great deal). Continuing on the journeykeep it going and staying hopeful ( it's not easy but it's worth it). Also reminds me of the landscapes I saw out West (US) that made my heart sing and birthed a new desire. I am def traveling there again soon.
It makes sense I am departing from the strength as I had to learn to stay strong in my first year moving and being a 'divorcee'. I am so over it this year and have moved forward. Ace of wands is awesome energy, I am totally fired up for what's to come. Upcoming obstacles is a lol..(.Edit: I think this card could be an indication on how I will use/deliver creative energy)will keep in mind to keep a open mind/heart perspective. I like the last question on achieving goals, two of swords reversed which I feel is an indication of 'letting go' or "letting in" already.There is only the allowing or disallowing. Overall, not bad, this pic does keep me hopeful and the one card Ill keep in mind. Keep truckin;.

Who else is going to play!
Old 29-12-2017, 04:38 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
The Mary-el Tarot ( p.s. very non traditional)

I used spread format from My Wandering Soul

Card 1) Main theme for the year - Four of Disks
Card 2) Departing energies from 2017- Strength
Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018 - Queen of Swords
Card 4) Future opportunities - Ace of Wands
Card 5) Upcoming obstacles - Knight of Wands
Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles - The Fool
Card 7) How to achieve your goals -- Two of Swords Reversed.

Just a very brief interpretation for the sake of sharing/game play. Btw, I love the Mary-el tarot. The four of disks ( pic above) is one of my favorite cards too ( Non traditional). Indicates overall stability,building foundation, root chakra balance ( which I have been working on a great deal). Continuing on the journeykeep it going and staying hopeful ( it's not easy but it's worth it). Also reminds me of the landscapes I saw out West (US) that made my heart sing and birthed a new desire. I am def traveling there again soon.
It makes sense I am departing from the strength as I had to learn to stay strong in my first year moving and being a 'divorcee'. I am so over it this year and have moved forward. Ace of wands is awesome energy, I am totally fired up for what's to come. Upcoming obstacles is a lol...will keep in mind to keep a open mind/heart perspective. I like the last question on achieving goals, which I feel is an indication of 'letting go' or "letting in" already.There is only the allowing or disallowing. Overall, not bad, this pic does keep me hopeful and the one card Ill keep in mind. Keep truckin;.

Who else is going to play!

Nice spread.
I'm not sharing mine though , I kinda went off on a tangent and now have 38 cards from 2 decks spread out all over the table (yeah, I like large, year ahead spreads) and find it ominous that the Tower has appeared from both decks so.........If anyone's looking for me, I'll be under my duvet for the next 12 months (seriously tho, I kind of know why this is). It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
Old 29-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Haha understandable. Honestly, depending on the pulls I don't think I would have posted mine but it was much lighter than I anticipated. My mini reading was very much in alignment with Lynn's 12 month ahead spread (she uses physic tarot 12 month spread).My year forward really entails continuing on an individual soul path while working on building stability and structure for myself.

I definitely will redo the reading on New Years day ( or the full moon) using a Rider-Waite deck and and using a larger spread.

Best wishes and best blessings for the New Year, PM *cheers*
Old 30-12-2017, 04:13 AM
Master
Card 1) Main theme for the year - 7 of Pentacles - making choices, reaping the rewards for my efforts and hard work, consideration of alternatives and different approaches, assessing my progress, being on target, being prepared

Card 2) Departing energies from 2017 - The Magician - using my skills and what was available to me, knowing what I wanted and making it happen, conscious awareness, action, manifesting, realizing my potential

Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018 - The Emperor - creating order out of chaos, leadership, strength, the power of reason, taking control, structured thought, sticking to the rules, self-discipline, determination

Card 4) Future opportunities - Knight of Pentacles - there will be opportunities available if I'm focused and know what I want and how to get it, if I'm hardworking, persistent, realistic, dedicated, passionate, and willing to put in time and effort

Card 5) Upcoming obstacles - Queen of Pentacles - nurturing others at the expense of my own emotional or spiritual needs

Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles - Death - by making changes, shedding the old and making way for the new, transforming, being true to myself, parting ways, accepting the inevitable, getting down to the nitty-gritty, accepting the cycles of change

Card 7) How to achieve your goals - 9 of Pentacles - by looking within, balancing the material with the spiritual, practicing discipline, trusting in my abilities, being down to earth, taking responsibility for my actions, making my #1 priority myself
Old 30-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Ascender

Tarot of the Druids
?
1. Samhain - 2 of Cups
2. Yule - 10 of Pentacles
3. Imbolc - Queen of Pentacles
4. Ostara - Knight of Pentacles
5. Beltane - Death
6. Litha - 6 of Cups
7. Lughnasadh - Devil
8. Herfest - 8 of Swords
Old 30-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I kinda went off on a tangent and now have 38 cards from 2 decks spread out all over the table
HAHAHA brilliant

The nice thing about Tower is that it's quick; it won't be drawn-out misery.

* RWS
Card 1) Main theme for the year
8 of Pentacles rev. Ooh - so it looks like the main theme is knowing when it's time to put tools down and walk away. A few possible meanings off the bat - it could mean REALLY getting on top of my work-life balance (getting out on time etc), ensuring I don't take on more than I can handle in general (this one sounds right) or even leaving job.

Card 2) Departing energies from 2017
7 of Wands. There's be a lot of fighting this year. Hopefully this card is a sign that 2018 is a little easier (well... we can hope). This card does suggest that next year may involve less "trying" - I may have done more of the frontier-fighting in 2017, meaning 2018 could be more about consolidation.

Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018
9 of Pentacles rev. The vibe I get from this card is of a woman who is insanely busy but somehow keeping it together and still managing to be accessible socially to her loved ones. I'm liking this card - this is organisation on steroids and a suggestion that 2018 may be financially fruitful, but I should be able to do it in a way that celebrates the truly important things in life (loved ones and good times).

Card 4) Future opportunities
Queen of Pentacles rev. The energy I get here is of someone nurturing a secret nest egg - one that's not fully formed yet. This card suggests that I might be starting some side projects or continuing some sneaky work in the background (both true). These aren't things I'll share with my immediate circles.

Card 5) Upcoming obstacles
Page of Swords. Actually mustering up the energy to go forth and do things - inclusive of following up with people when I say I will/when I say I want to. It's not always going to be easy, there will always be excuses/challenges, but I'm going to really need to be very forward and bolshy and put myself out there.

Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles
Justice. This is the card of transparency - but also, what goes in is what comes out. If I want the most out of life, I'm going to need to push myself to bring my best to the table (in multiple areas) time and time again. It's not going to be easy, but it's also not going to be impossible. I know what areas this card is referring to: It's career progression but also my love life :P

Card 7) How to achieve your goals.
5 of Pentacles. Ouch! Well, the figures in the cards here are going without. This could mean I need to go on some kind of epic financial detox - it may also mean I need to very hectically avoid getting distracted. I'm going to pull a clarifier here... The Empress. Huh? One more please... Temperance.

5 of Pent, Empress, Temperance. It's almost like the cards here are saying I need to clear the slate, plant my seeds, and then sit back and be patient. Is this decluttering my house? Culling my facebook list? Meditating a lot and focusing on only what it truly important? (all of the above?) Ah well, I'll figure this out. I've always figured the 5 of Pent has a somewhat religious undertone to it, so I'm going to guess here that the cards are encouraging me to work on my spirituality a bit.

Reading in a line: Put things down... but continuing to fight in order to be successful AND stay in touch with friends, nourishing secret side projects and having the gumption to do things even if I don't really want to, and ultimately really stripping things back.

Okay, sounds like 2018 might be a more consolidated year in general. It definitely looks like there's going to be less energy wasted. It could be a really fruitful year too if I put my mind to it.
Old 30-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Master
I did a year reading yesterday, but have not finished interpreting it yet.
It's a spread I made myself. It is done in an arch that symbolically spans the new year, in this case 2018.
The first time I did it (2015) I used 7 different decks, varying from Lenormand, Colour therapy, Tarot and so on. As I got new decks in, I changed some.
But I always use
- Love, Romance Angels
- Theme, Major Arcana only, Tarot
- other Tarot for what blocks and enhances theme (not necessarily MA)
- Healing, Colour Therapy, Inna Segal

I also really want to use Lenormand for position 4 + 5, I find they add a lot of value.
Of course you can use whatever you prefer.

1 Thema – Major Arcana Tarot
2 What blocks the theme – Tarot
3 What helps the theme – Tarot
4 What you got to leave behind in 2017 – Lenormand
5 What 2018 bring you when you do – Lenormand
6 Most important learning point for now – Wisdom of the Oracle
7 Blind spot concerning that learning point – Wisdom of the Oracle
8 Love / Relationship in 2018 – Romance Angels
9 Work / Money in 2018 – Lenormand
10 Healing for you – Colour Therapy
11 Where you're at in your development – Wisdom of the Oracle
12 General advice for 2018 – Wisdom of the Oracle
13 Spiritual development advice for 2018 – Angel Therapy/ Wisdom of the Oracle

-------------------------------12---------------13
-----------------------10-------------------------------11
-----------------8-------------------2-------3------------------9
------------6---------------------------------------------------------7
----------4----------------------------------------------------------------5

When I used this spread for me and others I quickly found out some positions could be dumped and I did an abridged version for many to cut back time.
But for myself I like the full spread as I do like the confirmation and complementing interpretations of it all. Also keeping all positions can bring more depth, especially if done with various decks.
Old 31-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Guide
I'll definitely doing a year forecast but I like to wait until 1st January or after so I'm doing it in the energies of the New Year.

I'll be using the Psychic Tarot and doing a month wheel, so one card for each month. I've done this for the last few years and it's highly accurate.

Patrycia
Old 31-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Master
Just finished mine, and I suddenly get all upset and irritated. I guess something hit home, haha.
My theme card is World, quite the change as I had the Fool the last two years.
Nice to see Star in position of what helps the theme, as Pisces had that one for my most dominant theme.

The one that irritates me, got me off-kilter, is "Chaos & Conflict" from Wisdom of the Oracle. Irritates me so much that I feel like tearing it up and chucking it in the bin, lol. Come to think of it, I've been seeing that card a lot of late...