Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Burntfruit

My not-fair - life seems cruel argument- Is it valid?

I was talking with my brother about life after death.

He does not believe in it, atheist I think.

It is quite common belief in the UK.

One of my arguments is that doesn't life seem a waste for many people who are born in abject poverty or with severe disabilities.

Surely this life would be too cruel especially for such people?

I think my brother is quite content with his life and has not sought further answers. I think he is deferring the issue until old age.

I found it a bit amusing but I did not want to impose my beliefs but just to express them.

Do you share your beliefs with family?
Old 30-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Guide

For the most part, no I don't share my beliefs with family. I'm convinced that people generally cannot be persuaded that their beliefs are wrong until they themselves are questioning their beliefs.

If your brother is content with his life, why would he be open to contemplating the meaning of it all? He's got what he (thinks) makes his life worth living, and he's not about to rock the boat, so to speak.

It's difficult at times to keep my mouth shut, and let family prattle on about their belief in this and their contempt for that belief. Harder still to keep quiet when family goes on a rant about a spiritual topic they know absolutely nothing about.

Sure, I do make comments in these "conversations" but always carefully worded ones. Like little bits of spiritual bait to see if anyone is listening...
Old 30-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Burntfruit

Yes i do know what you mean BT.

I was curious about his belief. I used the words annihilated and I don't think he liked that.

I think it makes better people if they are aware of the truth, but I didn't want to push it. Food for thought maybe.
Old 31-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Knower

Life is not cruel, life is a learning opportunity, sometimes painful, but always a learning experience.
We are immortal spirits with many defects to correct, get rid of vices and acquire virtues. Each bitter medicine we take is as if when we take a vaccine arm is aching for a few hours but it always goes! This medicine will heal our soul!
The purpose of our immortal life is to evolve until we reach perfection and we cannot achieve this in just one incarnation we will have lives as may as necessary to achieve this goal.
It is true that some do not takes seriously the learning opportunity, but it's the same thing as we spend a Sunday doing nothing all day, the next day we will have our affairs and our journey continues!
Old 03-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Master
Well, in fact life is sometimes cruel as well as painful, in addition to being a learning experience.
Learning that life can be and often is cruel and painful is a huge part of EXACTLY what we are here to learn.

There are other huge lessons too...and what are they, in broad strokes?
The other lessons are that LOVE is the antidote both to cruelty and to apathy. It is the antidote to violence and oppression.
LOVE may be just your own personal antidote, but the other big lesson is that wherever you can concretely manifest it, it is highly beneficial to all that you do so.
Wherever and whenever you can express it, exchange it, and share it along the way, it is highly beneficial to all that you do so

These are the big lessons...life is often cruel and painful,
but to the extent that we simply say "ok, life is often cruel and painful, but LOVE",
we transform everything by allowing for things to be BOTH what they are AND other than/more than they are, simultaneously.

That is the nexus of truth in love.
That is the eternal singularity of potential and we can continually bring that into this moment and this place.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 05-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Master

Cruel, no. They are in the learning process. I've read someone who has disabilities learn a heap more than if you are born normal/healthy.

I know of a guy with severe autism. Everyone knows him. People always say hi to him when he passes. His name is Jerry. The thing about this guy is he can't talk. So why do people feel the attraction to speak to him when he passes? It came to me one day. He's here for them. Teaching them about disabilities.

Wow!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Administrator
Hello

There is nothing wrong in sharing 'information' on the level of discussion I feel but there is a fine line on pushing it. With family that line seems somehow stronger. I know this all to well, I grew up so not being able to talk openly about any of what went on with me.

I became disconnected from the family Anglican Church at 13 as my Dad realized just how strong willed I might well be and let that door close. More I feel that he knew more from the family lines than he was willing to discuss in the times and age I grew up in. While he never understood the paths I walked too he let me walk them.

I never talked about a lot of it with family, but LOL he would let the "Sunday Door Knockers" in for coffee so that I would scare them off to never ring our bell again on his day off work. It worked.

When I traveled England, with my husband (Heart) a member here I came to find there were times when I could be very open about being a Medium and other times that door closed.

There are times when one never faces what one feels death brings until that moment of death comes to them. Having been in hospice houses to help one's cross I know at times being called at that last moment it so that they understand there is more.

I split from my family totally from that lack of communications after the passing of my Mother's second husband. I could not be me openly and with three kids so connected to the paranormal world I needed to be free.

Respect is the best advice I can give, that we all have different feelings and it we hit that wall then respect that wall is there.

Lynn
Old 06-11-2016, 03:25 AM
Newbie ;)

It really depends on what you value in life. We all have sought refuge from God living in the world. This is a (temporary) hiding place from God. So people try to be God without God. In other words, people try to fulfill themselves.
If you are born in poverty or if you have severe disabilities, then the possibility of you fulfilling yourself are diminished. Yet the impoverished person or the person with a disability may be as radiant, as vital, as a physically healthy person living in more affluent conditions, perhaps even more so. The impoverished person recognizes their great need for God. The person with a disability can express the power of God, as anyone else can.

Do I share beliefs with my family? Well, for the most part no, but belief is not nearly as important as what you practice.

I should also add that people who are seemingly content with their lives most likely have not dug deep enough within themselves to realize how unhappy and unfulfilled they are. You can deceive yourself into believing anything you want, including that you are content with how your life currently is.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I was talking with my brother about life after death.

He does not believe in it, atheist I think.

It is quite common belief in the UK.

One of my arguments is that doesn't life seem a waste for many people who are born in abject poverty or with severe disabilities.

Surely this life would be too cruel especially for such people?

I think my brother is quite content with his life and has not sought further answers. I think he is deferring the issue until old age.

I found it a bit amusing but I did not want to impose my beliefs but just to express them.

Do you share your beliefs with family?

Here are some ideas to think about.

Adaption - humans adapt to their circumstances.

Poverty and disability seem difficult to you, who are not adapted to them.

Being someone born into poverty and disability, I can tell you that I feel quite adapted to them. and their pain, although unbearable for others, is just another day in the life of. For me at least. some cripple under immense pain, some are reborn as something greater. I choose greatness.

I have shared my beliefs with my family but I don't care to anymore. it takes a lot of work and I'm just like eughhhhh, dont feel like feeling crazy so Im not gonna speak my mind. My family just nods when I do attempt it and is like "yeah, that seems logical, that could happen"

They never engage with enthusiasm, not like my friends do.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Experiencer
I did share my beliefs with my family in the past but we kind of grew away from each other. At present I don't have any contact with them at all anymore and I am content with that.

It is pretty common in my country that families drift apart because of incomparable lifestyles. Happens quite a lot overhere. It's easier if you live in a wealthy country.

Also, my belief has made me very strong about who I am and what I am doing here.
And I don't have to 'save' anybody from anything.