Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Master
Are You An Individual?....

Hi Guy's

Just a thought regarding this. In reference to a conversation I am having.

I am not sure If there was or Is another post on this out there on the forums somewhere lol

What do people think regarding Individuality.

does individuality represent a particle or a piece of the same thing

does being Individual make you separate from another. Or does It just bring about the feeling of separation?

Is there only one-ness In your eyes.

In this essence a question could be as to why every Individual Is or Isn’t awake?

Surely we would either all be awake or all asleep. All be In rememberance of what we are or all be not.

If andy G saw an alien wouldn’t we then all be seeing an alien. he he

Any thoughts..

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Guy's

Just a thought regarding this. In reference to a conversation I am having.

I am not sure If there was or Is another post on this out there on the forums somewhere lol

What do people think regarding Individuality.

does being Individual make you separate from another. Or does It just bring about the feeling of separation?

In this essence a question could be as to why every Individual Is or Isn’t awake?

Surely we would either all be awake or all asleep. All be In rememberance of what we are or all be not.

If andy G saw an alien wouldn’t we then all be seeing an alien. he he

Any thoughts..

x daz x

Hehe. When I read the thread title...''Are you an individual?'' my first thought was.....''Or am I a baboon?'' Probably not very helpful hehe. I will get back to you later with a more sensible answer.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Hehe. When I read the thread title...''Are you an individual?'' my first thought was.....''Or am I a baboon?'' Probably not very helpful hehe. I will get back to you later with a more sensible answer.

''Or am I a baboon?''

Perhaps the thread should read..

Are All baboons Individual.. he he..

I look forward to reading your sensible answer

x daz x
Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Suspended
Hiya daz

Quote:
Am I an individual?

Last time I looked I was.

In all seriousness, yes I believe I'm an individual.

Whether a piece of the pie or a totally separate pie, I've no idea.

I've read about and tried to understand oneness, but have no grasp on it. Probably because I've never experienced it. It's not something I'm particularly fussed about experiencing either. It it happens, it happens.

Squatch
Old 10-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Kramer

I believe we are all individuals.

Your sentence 'does individuality represent a particle or a piece of the same thing' I believe it can be both, we are particles of the same thing.

Take a really great box of lego and I'm not just talking about bricks. All the individual pieces, some round, some square, 2 holes, 4 holes, 6 holes some flat some deep etc. They are as similar as each other but all totally different. They all bring something different to the mix yet they are in essence all the same.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Master
Hi mate,

okay, more sensible answer.....Im not going to say that we are individuals because thats an open invitation to the non-dualists to burst through the door with swords drawn. However, I would say that there are individual consciousness's. As you point out, if there weren't, they would be no unique experiences happening, we would all be experiencing the same thing. Actually it goes beyond that, because if there were no unique experiences happening there would be no experience at all!

In order that God or Source can experience itself, it requires individual consciousness's. It requires uniqueness, difference, duality. If it was all blue there would be no experience of blue or anything else. It requires a rainbow of colour in order that it can experience itself.

So what I think we have is formless and form, and then the individual consciousness resides in the middle (though ultimately none of it is separate). Without an individual consciousness there would be nothing to give shape to the form (which is essentially just material) The individual consciousness gives shape and uniqueness, it is crucial to the diversity of Creation.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:49 AM
bbr

Quote:
Are You An Individual?....
I just checked all around and above me, and even peeked in the closet and under the bed. There's nobody else here. I'm most definitely an individual.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:50 AM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya daz

Ah, you beat me to it!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 AM
bbr

Quote:

We are individual souls, and at the same time we're all part of the collective whole that makes up existence. I've never had any problem understanding that one, it's pretty easy to fathom.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya daz

In all seriousness, yes I believe I'm an individual.

He he yes squatch..

All jokes aside.. your reference was to when you last looked.

Can we always believe what we see? lol

x daz x