Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
Hi all.

i've had a 30 year history of mental health difficulties (also some strange experiences in childhood) & a diagnosis of severe paranoid schizophrenia.

i have been exploring & more focused on an alternative healing path with it all for the past 13 years.

i personally take an integral/holistic view of my condition/experiences - bio/psycho/social/spiritual - that things are mediated across spirit - soul/psyche - physical body/brain - social/environmental. i don't see any either/or with it all, but rather that everything is interrelated & interdependent.
imo Carl Jung spoke a lot of sense on all these matters, as have others.

Current mainstream psychiatry primarily focuses on the physical - the physical body/brain. Psychological & social elements often seem secondary to that, & the areas of the soul & spirit are usually excluded.

Obviously it is impossible to argue a case for the spiritual with a materialist, as many now appear to be. Many people also seem fixed on the idea that 'functional' (no known/identifiable biological aetiology [cause]) mental health disorders are brain conditions - i don't think they primarily are - Not to exclude the physiological (biologic) aspects of them - although imo primarily in the vast majority of cases i think the primary aetiology is psychogenic (cause in the mind/psyche).

i've spent the past 10 years on-line trying to raise awareness of & explore the spiritual in mental health, to little avail. Am interested in other people thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

A Course In Miracles ~
Old 26-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
A Course In Miracles ~

Hi. Are you recommending to read it?

Have done.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Ascender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s26WxsgyKE
Old 04-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Master

from my POV, schizophrenia is a lot of dealing with deep meaning that is expressed in ways that other people don't find acceptable. For example I expect to be ridiculed whenever I talk about something as simple as creaking wood means something... and that is the tip of the tip of the iceburg. (I was lucky enough to get a form of schizophrenia where everything that happens is 'overlayed' on top of a sane reality instead of the more classic seeing incongruent visions or hearing awful voices in my head. But those are 'real' too in my mind the people who have to deal with them are just seeing a part of reality others aren't privy to).

A lot of things mean something 'special' to me and all of it is covered under schizophrenia. (To be fair I think other people respond to such things as well the difference with me is I can 'see' it happening whereas mostly there is denial and sticking the head in the sand).

The paranoid form of schizophrenia in my mind reminds of all the times in other lives that when I got this kind of meaning, very bad things came next. So I just naturally assume when it happens again the bad things are coming too. Perplexingly, somehow the bad stuff isn't there but I keep expecting it any day now
Old 11-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Ascender

A very interesting conference that has just started - the interviews can be listened to for free for 5 days -

http://www.shadesofawakening.com/sum....d4bJoHSU.dpbs

http://beyondmeds.com/2015/06/18/hea...rom-psychosis/
Old 16-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Guide
Schizophrenics have a god given power that some societies refuse to understand. So society labels them as crazies or freaks and locks them up. Adjectives like crazy or freak are used by those that don't understand. So how can someone judge anyone whom they don't understand? This makes no sense.

Schizophrenics have very active spirits. If not allowed to explore this ability in a conducive environment, they can become stuck with negativity and suffer from it. Some societies are so caught up in dogmatic traditions that anything different is not excepted. Schizophrenics that are so sensitive to societal energies that they can have a complete break down when exposed to anything negative. Schizophrenics can be very intelligent and creative if shown a positive supportive environment. Some societies see "schizophrenics" as gifts and accept their spiritual power. Schizos make great shamans if they are allowed to explore their abilities

Sometimes I wonder of schizophrenics are normal, while those stuck in the materialistic, narrow minded, tunnel vision, egotistical, black and white, dogmatic world are the crazy ones
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 18-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Ascender

Makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the reply.
Old 21-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Ascender

https://vimeo.com/132294911

Down the end of the long polished corridor, Mary O'Hagan comes face to face with the condemning words written about her in her psychiatric files.
Old 21-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Ascender

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/06/...al-change.html

The ‘Redesigning Society’ series will capture some expert perspectives on the current state of societal affairs, as well as the collective change we desperately need both philosophically and practically. It also aims to amplify mainstream engagement in how we should globally move forward for ourselves and our future generations.

[Rest in Link]