Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-07-2011, 06:58 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Self judgement is very unhealthy for us. It just leads to unnecessary emotions and I think self judgement is part of ego. It is unhealthy behavior to self judge. Making an identity through past experiences or our personalities is ABOUT knowing yourself. True self is the unmanifested. Our past makes who we THINK we are. But who we are is the unmanifested. That is God. The unmanifested. We all are God. We are the unmanifested.

Totally agreed. Self-judgment (trying to be good by beating ourselves) kills the God inside. So funny.

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 07:12 PM
3dnow

In this video, this guys says the mind is chaotic if I understand correctly:

http://youtu.be/VB_YxCZeCaw

Chaotic systems are highly complex (re butterfly effect) so judging the thought looks really stupid (which I just did). It is not our fault we cannot manage it.

3dnow
Old 20-07-2011, 08:42 AM
3dnow

When you give importance to a thought or feeling and say "why I do/did this?" it is more and more imprinted to the memory. Probably, self-judgment creates also a fear to do the same thing again. Out of fear "what if I do this?", we already did it again.

For example let the feeling "the desire of being liked". We can never get rid of it by beating ourselves. When we beat ourself for that, the person within us who desires to be liked, turns to others for their love because we are beating him. If instead we say no problem with that feeling, we are in peace with ourself and we no more have this desire. The result is immediate.

We have many issues like that. It is probably good to learn to deal with them separately. However, I am personally looking for a one-for-all solution, which is accepting that human mind and what it experiences are very complex and we are not responsible for what we are thinking, hence judging them is impossible, useless and harmful. Instead we can just watch them with love.

This is another way of saying "you are not your mind". The same thing. No? Who thinks we are responsible for our thoughts and why please?

Thanks,

3dnow

PS: We can also watch the reaction (physical feeling) of solar plexus chakra when we judge ourself. When we see this we really want to stop self-judgment.

PPS: Note also that trying to understand "why I have this issue", will result in believing other hypothetical issues leading to more self-beating. It looks more realistic and wiser to accept that we cannot understand why we have this issue because mind and what it endured during years are very complex.
Old 20-07-2011, 09:34 AM
3dnow

An interesting scientific article supporting the idea that we are hardly responsible for our thoughts:

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100630132836.htm

www.tricitypsychology.com/blog/a-butterfly-effect-in-the-brain/

The author says:

Next time your brain plays tricks on you, you have an excuse: according to new research by UCL scientists published today in the journal Nature, the brain is intrinsically unreliable.
Old 20-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Master
i make judgements on my thoughts (and any thought i might be receiving). it's not so much "good/bad" but healthy or unhealthy. while i don't beat myself up over unpleasant thoughts if some violent or overtly perverse thought crosses my mind i'll stop it, hold it, isolate it and then try to follow it into to it's subconscious source so to smooth out whatever psyche twist is causing it. the twist might be some painful conditioned guilt reflex from my childhhood still plagueing my mind or simply something i saw in a movie or read in a book that got stuck and buried only to surface unbidden later.
Old 20-07-2011, 12:54 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i make judgements on my thoughts (and any thought i might be receiving). it's not so much "good/bad" but healthy or unhealthy. while i don't beat myself up over unpleasant thoughts if some violent or overtly perverse thought crosses my mind i'll stop it, hold it, isolate it and then try to follow it into to it's subconscious source so to smooth out whatever psyche twist is causing it. the twist might be some painful conditioned guilt reflex from my childhhood still plagueing my mind or simply something i saw in a movie or read in a book that got stuck and buried only to surface unbidden later.

Yes violent and pervert thoughts are also a problem in my case. Especially when we believe in telepathy hence we are on-line all the time, we have to be somewhat strong to not judge ourselves.

I also don't beat myself for violent thoughts I have because they are mostly from outside (movies etc.) but I also accept they are part of me which I admit. I realized that the thing here is to be strong and not be shocked by these images. Someone rips another with a knife? Pfff that's nothing. (easy to say, still learning it)

Trying to follow a problem into to it's subconscious source is really useful? Do you really think you can find the answer? What if what you find is wrong? You end up with another hypothetical issue.

All I do is to say that the machine (my brain) is now out of control, it always was. Then I am clear. This makes sense because I no longer believe my thoughts nor give them importance. They are random results of what happened in the past. They always were random and they are more and more as time passes because there are more and more input.

And it works! When I say that I am not responsible for these thoughts, I can't even remember the problematic thoughts happened 1 second ago.

3dnow
Old 20-07-2011, 01:02 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Totally agreed. Self-judgment (trying to be good by beating ourselves) kills the God inside. So funny.

3dnow
The thing about God, is that no emotion can bother him. No emotions or thoughts should bother us. When we are as our unmanifested self, one might just start laughing at thoughts that would normally bother someone. My thoughts with grace is all superconscious thoughts. Grace takes over and all what one thinks about is wonderful thoughts. No negative thoughts bother that one either. The higher your frequency level the less negativity can effect us. When grace takes over, which all happens in the Present moment, everything is just perfect. Yes I say Present moment a lot, but that's because the Present moment is key to finding this pure love, and grace. So Present in the moment that you will not receive many thoughts at all. Just positive feelings. And in the present moment, your thoughts have no power over you. For me I disregard and don't think twice about thoughts in the Present. The ego survives off of time. It cannot survive in the Present moment. It might take someone years of practice to learn how to fully stay Present, or it may take a few months. It is an 'undoing' of everything. Meditation is great to stay present, but personally I stay present without the need of meditation anymore. If your present you are meditating. Meditation is all about being present in the moment. Meditation by bringing attention inside body brings one present in the moment. Eventually one will keep part of attention inside his body at all times throughout everyday activities. So basically you are meditating all day. But once grace takes over, is when all the most beautiful magic begins. Personally, I have a heart problem and I get bad chest pain and at times I have extreme trouble breathing, but with grace, I am in a deep state of peace as it occurs. I do not get all frantic. I just close my eyes with my hands up to my chest and am in a deep state of peace. That may seem impossible when you are gasping for air, but it is possible to be at peace. All what I do is pray and stay at peace. Also my heart feels very uncomfortable throughout the day, but I have learned to ignore it and observe it rather than letting it get to me.
Old 20-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Yes violent and pervert thoughts are also a problem in my case. Especially when we believe in telepathy hence we are on-line all the time, we have to be somewhat strong to not judge ourselves.

I also don't beat myself for violent thoughts I have because they are mostly from outside (movies etc.) but I also accept they are part of me which I admit. I realized that the thing here is to be strong and not be shocked by these images. Someone rips another with a knife? Pfff that's nothing. (easy to say, still learning it)

Trying to follow a problem into to it's subconscious source is really useful? Do you really think you can find the answer? What if what you find is wrong? You end up with another hypothetical issue.

All I do is to say that the machine (my brain) is now out of control, it always was. Then I am clear. This makes sense because I no longer believe my thoughts nor give them importance. They are random results of what happened in the past. They always were random and they are more and more as time passes because there are more and more input.

And it works! When you say that I am not responsible for these thoughts, you can't even remember the problematic thoughts happened 1 second ago.

3dnow

well, my methods for me. and since i imagine i'm in a soul group it behooves me and everyOne on the team to unclutter the shared mindspace. some purposeless thought bubbling up from someOne's subconscious replaying over and over in the midst of some job We're working on can be quite disruptive. lol even someOne with a song caught in their head can get on the collective nerves.
Old 20-07-2011, 01:14 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
The thing about God, is that no emotion can bother him. No emotions or thoughts should bother us. When we are as our unmanifested self, one might just start laughing at thoughts that would normally bother someone. My thoughts with grace is all superconscious thoughts. Grace takes over and all what one thinks about is wonderful thoughts. No negative thoughts bother that one either. The higher your frequency level the less negativity can effect us. When grace takes over, which all happens in the Present moment, everything is just perfect. Yes I say Present moment a lot, but that's because the Present moment is key to finding this pure love, and grace. So Present in the moment that you will not receive many thoughts at all. Just positive feelings. And in the present moment, your thoughts have no power over you. For me I disregard and don't think twice about thoughts in the Present. The ego survives off of time. It cannot survive in the Present moment. It might take someone years of practice to learn how to fully stay Present, or it may take a few months. It is an 'undoing' of everything. Meditation is great to stay present, but personally I stay present without the need of meditation anymore. If your present you are meditating. Meditation is all about being present in the moment. Meditation by bringing attention inside body brings one present in the moment. Eventually one will keep part of attention inside his body at all times throughout everyday activities. So basically you are meditating all day. But once grace takes over, is when all the most beautiful magic begins. Personally, I have a heart problem and I get bad chest pain and at times I have extreme trouble breathing, but with grace, I am in a deep state of peace as it occurs. I do not get all frantic. I just close my eyes with my hands up to my chest and am in a deep state of peace. That may seem impossible when you are gasping for air, but it is possible to be at peace. All what I do is pray and stay at peace. Also my heart feels very uncomfortable throughout the day, but I have learned to ignore it and observe it rather than letting it get to me.

Sorry to hear that dude. I really hope that it gets better. you are such a smart guy I am sure you will your way and others will profit from your experience.

All I can say is don't judge your fear, but you already know that.

3dnow
Old 20-07-2011, 01:16 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, my methods for me. and since i imagine i'm in a soul group it behooves me and everyOne on the team to unclutter the shared mindspace. some purposeless thought bubbling up from someOne's subconscious replaying over and over in the midst of some job We're working on can be quite disruptive. lol even someOne with a song caught in their head can get on the collective nerves.

I am curious, why just a group? I am with everyone I think of all the time. Everybody hears me if I think about them.

3dnow