Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Perry: You choose to frame your post in the same assumptions and stipulations as the video you link.. there are way too many unfounded assumptions and redefinitions of common language for the video to represent a valid perspective. In fact, the concept of 'ego' is as meaningless as the 'word' God, this thread is evidence of the misunderstandings and variable 'experiences' of 'God'..

Be well..

Hi Tzu.
Yeah, I chose to express myself the same way. And that's because I think he's right.
The "ego" in this context is not Freud's definition of the ego. It's our sense of identity, in the world of form. What you think is YOU.
And what is a "valid perspective"? The video is just about this: You cannot apply a "valid perspective" on God.

Last edited by Perry J : 31-05-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 31-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Knower
WOW ... so many descriptions of me ..... lol
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Monotheism - A big dude in the sky that is watching you to make sure you dont do anything bad. Be governs everything, and created everything, and everything "belongs" to him.

Monotheism - Belief in a single deity.

You seem to think that the Christian God is the only one

Polytheism - Generaly, they werent seen as human beings in governing everything. Everything ha its purpose, and they used humans in their myths to better understand it. Its easier to draw a human form, then something you dont understand right? They see "gods" as more of a natural force that is responsible for a certain thing, not necassarily as some omnipotent human being. Their may be a "cheif" or " governming " god, but none is realy more importiant then the rest. And also, depending on your geography, the god of worship may change ( usualy with climate, desert dwellers would worship food and water gods, etc)

Polytheism - Belief in many gods.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
ete233

God is that which encompasses all of existence and beyond. emanating from everywhere to everywhere. Infinite Potential. Pure and formless. Light, Love. Unconditional acceptance. Pure information or data.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Master
Hello,

What I can give in regards to the question "What is God?" is only my description.

God/Source/One/All/Creator/the old man/unknown/all presence/universe/eternal being/Light/Love/Destroyer/Final judge.

All just words, description, ones formation. I have my own and do not nor feel can not claim it is the only or absolute description.

However it appears and forms itself to be is just "Gods'" image to the self/individual.IMO

To me it is just a presence/energy that is of and with in all. All is of it.
To try and describe it, to me, is just that a description. It is good for discussion, but to feel it and to know it, IMO, one just has to quit seeking it. It is here, it is there, it is with in and with out. It just is that which forms into image and being.

So goes my description of it.

Peace
Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

What I can give in regards to the question "What is God?" is only my description.

God/Source/One/All/Creator/the old man/unknown/all presence/universe/eternal being/Light/Love/Destroyer/Final judge.

All just words, description, ones formation. I have my own and do not nor feel can not claim it is the only or absolute description.

However it appears and forms itself to be is just "Gods'" image to the self/individual.IMO

To me it is just a presence/energy that is of and with in all. All is of it.
To try and describe it, to me, is just that a description. It is good for discussion, but to feel it and to know it, IMO, one just has to quit seeking it. It is here, it is there, it is with in and with out. It just is that which forms into image and being.

So goes my description of it.

Peace

Hello Moonglow,
You have a very important point here.
You and I can only make images of God, descriptions. But those images are not God.
Nevertheless, what fundamental believers do is to interpret their images of God as God himself.
I think this is what one of the commandments is really about:
"Thou shalt not make for yourself a graven image".
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
supernova

God is viewed in terms of assorted images. Everyone has his or her own expression. We live dimensionally and our God is caged in these facets. I often want to escape from these despicable situations the rest of us are hemmed in singly like a falcon that flies against the universe.

I do not want to weave images of God and tell you that this is God and this is God realization. That is what most Gurus do all over the world. Trashing the name of God I want to prove my superiority over the rest.

I have not seen God. I am unsure the God the Bible tried to testify is imagined or real.

I have prayed like all of you congregating with the rest of other devotees. Or in seclusion. I shed tears. I confessed my sins. I lost myself in a world of devotion.

I read the Gita, the Bible, the Koran, the Dhamma Pada and some of books of Mantras.

But still I do not like to falsify myself. I am still uncertain about the existence of God.

With that said I still do not want to say I am an atheist. Not at all. I do not want to bottle up myself in agnosticism as well.

I still love to say – what is God?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Experiencer
I prefer to experience God in whatever way works for you rather than defining God within the limitations of language and the mind.

Love and Light
Old 02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
aquarius123

Dear Supernova - you were saying: '...I have not seen God... I still love to say – what is God?

My reply is: God is as much in us, as we are in God.

Look into the mirror and you will see God.

With love - Aquarius
Old 02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
grazier

Lightbulb

How can you describe God? He has no shape, form or solid substance.

HE IS.

He is energy. You cannot see energy, you cannot touch energy, yet you can feel its effects. It is the same with God. You cannot see Him nor touch Him. You can only see the manifestation of His Embodiments and you can only touch Him with your own energy.

God is Love. How can you describe Love? You can only explain its effects, but you know it is there by its effects upon you and others, you can only witness the way it manifests and guides.

Blessings

grazier