Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Master
When I was 'in training' and so designated as 'a trainee' to become a 'counselor' I was assigned to a Spinal Chord Injury 'Unit' at a VA hospital. As part of that 'duty' I had to (attempt! to) 'counsel' a guy who had been 'diagnosed' as (previously at least being) 'psychotic' and (presumably therefore self-medicating) 'alcoholic' and then a 'quadriplegic' with minimal hand and arm motion capabilities (as a result of having his gotten his neck broken in the course of a bar-fight!).

His 'presenting problem' (the 'problem' which resulted in his being 'assigned' to me) was that he kept on getting drunk (as a result of his ward-mates sharing alcohol with him) and doing 'outrageous' things (like driving his motorized wheel-chair up the down-ramp of a mechanical escalator at the race-track where his and his buddies had been taken on a 'field' trip). He also has a very bad case of 'phantom-limb' pain which physical therapy (someone else 'exercising' his paralyzed legs) had had no effect on and so continued in spurts unabated.

Long story short: I went ahead having 'professional' (which in due course became 'friendly') talk-sessions with him despite the fact that I was such a greenhorn I didn't know what the heck I was doing let alone actually 'do' to 'help' him and also felt I would personally rather be dead than live in his shoes! (Of course, I didn't 'reveal' the latter fact with him).

Very surprisingly (to me at least!) the friendship and re-viewing of his life-situation in that context yielded quite positive 'dividends' over the course of the nine-moths that I 'knew' him. His 'acting out' (including his vicious swearing at the doctors and 'black' nurses who attended him on the ward) completely stopped. I was also told that he became a 'model patient', someone who was 'nice' to the staff and supportive in relation to newly admitted 'spinal-chord injured' fellow ward members.

He came (in his motorized wheel-chair) to see me on the day he was being discharged to go and live with his brother and sister-in-law (who was a professional 'nurse' who could manage handling his physical needs), to say thanks and good-bye as well as ask me if I wanted his down-filled winter coat since he wouldn't be needing it anymore, as his brother lived in Florida.

I didn't need the coat but accepted it (with very warm feelings!) as a gestural way of 'completing' our relational dance together.

As he was going out the door I managed to overcome my awkwardness and matter-of-fact curiously asked him, "By the way, Bill, whatever happened to your phantom-limb pain?" (I had 'studiously' avoided bringing up the subject with him ever since I had made a completely amateurish attempt to hypnotize him and 'suggest' it 'away'!)

His quite causal answer: "Oh, its still there; it doesn't bother me any more though."

The whole 'episode' of 'knowing' him (and thereby about Life ITSELF) was an amazing experience, to say the very least!
Old 20-09-2018, 01:34 AM
Knower

For the record, I am on medications, but they haven't helped much over the course of several years.

I guess its just hard to reconcile the love of the other side/Source with the pain I feel. Like how could something so loving put me through something like this? I just wish I had the faith to trust in life....to trust that everything will be okay in the end.
Old 20-09-2018, 02:28 AM
Experiencer
Rayden Greywolf, I may not know you but I will share my thoughts and something that I feel very strongly may be a possibility in reading your post. When I get gut feelings and they are strong ones I am usually pretty good with them. Here is what I think and felt in reading your post....

I feel there is a possibility in that this may be a suggestion placed with you by something other than an enlightened being. From everything I know personally, and have read any enlightened being will not give you anything but uplifting messages to help your ascension process and I have also read that there are interdimensional beings that can hack in or hijack to what you think is actually something enlightened helping you along. Do not take heart in that this is the truth for you. I don't feel it is honestly. Think about it as a consideration even if for a moment...if they have the ability to to mimick or take many forms and their mission is to stop any of us from our ascension process or drop our vibration and frequency then they win in at least one person. And if multiple not so good beings are doing this all over the planet that is quite a drop in the frequency of the planets ascension overall. There is truly a spiritual war going on right now and I believe the dark is truly fighting for their lives to stay afloat and in control and losing their grip on many because of all the new folks awakening and starting on their path. So what better way for them than to plant seeds as an imposter to someone. I don't think you should take that to heart at all. The laws of attraction come into play and you have the ability to create your own reality by not allowing this to get you down and drop your frequency and vibration. I know depression can do this. Just don't let that be the source of your depression because I don't believe that message you've been given for a moment.
Old 20-09-2018, 04:11 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
Rayden Greywolf, I may not know you but I will share my thoughts and something that I feel very strongly may be a possibility in reading your post. When I get gut feelings and they are strong ones I am usually pretty good with them. Here is what I think and felt in reading your post....

I feel there is a possibility in that this may be a suggestion placed with you by something other than an enlightened being. From everything I know personally, and have read any enlightened being will not give you anything but uplifting messages to help your ascension process and I have also read that there are interdimensional beings that can hack in or hijack to what you think is actually something enlightened helping you along. Do not take heart in that this is the truth for you. I don't feel it is honestly. Think about it as a consideration even if for a moment...if they have the ability to to mimick or take many forms and their mission is to stop any of us from our ascension process or drop our vibration and frequency then they win in at least one person. And if multiple not so good beings are doing this all over the planet that is quite a drop in the frequency of the planets ascension overall. There is truly a spiritual war going on right now and I believe the dark is truly fighting for their lives to stay afloat and in control and losing their grip on many because of all the new folks awakening and starting on their path. So what better way for them than to plant seeds as an imposter to someone. I don't think you should take that to heart at all. The laws of attraction come into play and you have the ability to create your own reality by not allowing this to get you down and drop your frequency and vibration. I know depression can do this. Just don't let that be the source of your depression because I don't believe that message you've been given for a moment.

Interesting....

While I have faith that it was truth, just a hard truth to swallow is all, I do think I shall take advantage of a third channel that appeared in my life, so I may gain some additional clarification.

I'll report back when that happens.
Old 20-09-2018, 01:17 PM
boshy b. good

would guess so chose love
over fued will be the begun,
and that be over fued and
that's all we got to be to get
that way of love that knows
not so Broke
i don't think it matters

and that's optimistic see
i don't think it matters

but in a good way
it's all in the mind there

so when the mind feels good so everything else feels
i assume that be just as
meditateu covers undone

loving trys guts over glory

Last edited by boshy b. good : 20-09-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: edited a pair of words I did not place, also
Old 21-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Master
Difficult to comment offhand without knowing the facts but generally speaking:
Pain + association = suffering
Pain - association = observation of the pain experience
By association I mean attachment