Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
The ‘no practice whatsoever’ approach still entails the application of an idea - involving meetings, books, videos, listening, consideration, reflection etc.

To end the feeling of disconnection with Onness a resonance is required with All is One (important to note however that the feeling of disconnection is not disconnected). That resonance is not a practise. It is not something the seeker does. It either happens or it doesnt depending on whether the frequency of the mind of the seeker is tuned into the frequency of the concept.

For some characters it may be that some form of practise such as meditation may get mind into the frequency of All is One. But it is certainly not a requirement otherwise seekers who do not practise would not have that resonance. I know TA may like to think that only those who practise could possibly have such a resonance but the less said about that arrogance the better.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
To end the feeling of disconnection with Onness a resonance is required with All is One (important to note however that the feeling of disconnection is not disconnected). That resonance is not a practise. It is not something the seeker does. It either happens or it doesnt depending on whether the frequency of the mind of the seeker is tuned into the frequency of the concept.

For some characters it may be that some form of practise such as meditation may get mind into the frequency of All is One. But it is certainly not a requirement otherwise seekers who do not practise would not have that resonance. I know TA may like to think that only those who practise could possibly have such a resonance but the less said about that arrogance the better.

In my sense of this, seeking, path and practice are facets of the same process. If you are seeking you are on a path and engaged in the practice (by whatever means) of bringing seeking to an end. In this broad view, meetings, books, internet, reflection, receptivity... can be thought of as a latter-day form of practice. The only alternative to this involves the collapse of seeking.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Master

Quote:
In my sense of this, seeking, path and practice are facets of the same process. If you are seeking you are on a path and engaged in the practice (by whatever means) of bringing seeking to an end. In this broad view, meetings, books, internet, reflection, receptivity... can be thought of as a latter-day form of practice. The only alternative to this involves the collapse of seeking.

Ok agree to differ. Wood for trees stuff. The purpose is the end of seeking however the seeker defines what is sought. And the selection of NA or TA depends on what suits the character. Resonance does not require meditation, self enquiry, yoga, mindfulness, or any other activity usually defined as practise. which incidentally is why NA is very different to Tolle.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Forgive me if I am wrong - just playing the 'Devil's Advocate' here, but from what I have understood so far about Neo-Advaita is there is no practice or seeking required because there is nothing to 'seek' or 'practice' seeing as how everything is 'Oneness' anyway.

If one is already 'IT', what is the use of practice, or seeking beyond what exists as its own manifestation irrespective of a 'seeker' or any 'practice'?

It's like "I don't have to do anything because I'm not doing anything anyway...Oneness is".

However, as we have already established, the NA path is without any actual direct experience beyond a mental awareness which suits some people, but not others who wish to have a fuller experience of the Oneness itself beyond a limited conceptual mentality.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Forgive me if I am wrong - playing the 'Devil's Advocate' here, but from what I have understood so far about Neo-Advaita is there is no practice required because there is nothing to 'seek' seeing as how everything is 'Oneness' anyway. If one is already 'IT', what is the use for practice, for seeking beyond what exists as its own manifestation irrespective of a 'seeker' or any 'practice'.

It's like "I don't have to do anything because I'm not doing anything anyway...Oneness is.

However, as we have established, the NA path is without any actual direct experience beyond a mental awareness which suits some, but not others who wish to have a fuller experience of the Oneness beyond a limited conceptual mentality.

Roughly yes. However it is very difficult to decide the quality of an experience another may be having, and decide to undermine it because it is not regarded as full enough, and therefore not something you would value for yourself. That's a gentler way of describing it:)
Old 08-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Roughly yes. However it is very difficult to decide the quality of an experience another may be having, and decide to undermine it because it is not regarded as full enough, and therefore not something you would value for yourself. That's a gentler way of describing it:)
I see your point and I guess the only true test of it would be in the fullness of that personal experience in regards to whether you are gonna come back here or not.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Master

Quote:
I see your point and I guess the only true test of it would be in the fullness of that personal experience in regards to whether you are gonna come back here or not.

Agreed:) Hello again good to see you.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Forgive me if I am wrong - just playing the 'Devil's Advocate' here, but from what I have understood so far about Neo-Advaita is there is no practice or seeking required because there is nothing to 'seek' or 'practice' seeing as how everything is 'Oneness' anyway.

If one is already 'IT', what is the use of practice, or seeking beyond what exists as its own manifestation irrespective of a 'seeker' or any 'practice'?

It's like "I don't have to do anything because I'm not doing anything anyway...Oneness is".

However, as we have already established, the NA path is without any actual direct experience beyond a mental awareness which suits some people, but not others who wish to have a fuller experience of the Oneness itself beyond a limited conceptual mentality.

Yes. If what you say here is true then there’s no issue or disagreement because that would entail no seeker. This is why I emphasise this point about seeker-path-practice.

But until that point is realised to be viscerally and unconditionally true then seeking-path-practice will prevail.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes. If what you say here is true then there’s no issue or disagreement because that would entail no seeker. This is why I emphasise this point about seeker-path-practice.

But until that point is realised to be viscerally and unconditionally true then seeking-path-practice will prevail.
It seems that what could be classed as viscerally and unconditionally true, depends solely upon the path itself.

One could stop short of the mark (in another's terms) believing what they have found to be the ultimate truth or reality and therefore, no further seeking is required because they have found it, while another may say 'nah, there's more too it than that...keep going...keep practicing and seeking and yet, the other will say "why? I've already found it".
Old 08-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Agreed:) Hello again good to see you.
Yes, it's good to see you as well.