Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Do our deceased loved ones feel sad at their own funerals?

My partner of over 40 years died in January 2017. I am currently experiencing intense grief, and miss him every second of the day. I cannot wait to reunite with him at my death. I am very spiritual and try to believe that he is still with me in spirit. His funeral will be held this Friday, and I am going to find it mental torture as I am heartbroken. I have read that spirits attend their own funerals, and wondered if it makes them as sad as those who mourn them? I would appreciate your comments.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Hello Marymartina,
I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved husband. Deep grief is natural, and it has only been a short time since he passed, so go easy on yourself. No emotion is 'wrong' at a time like this.
Unfortunately, grief is one thing that cannot be hurried, it cannot be done someone else's way, and it cannot be pain-free. It is something that never 'goes away' but slowly changes shape within you. In its own time, and in your unique way.
But whatever you feel or don't feel right now is a part of the natural process of grieving and mourning a loved one.

My deepest condolences, and my kindest thoughts to you.

We all have different ways, different characters, and different destinies in the next world. Some Souls go straight out, to their Spirit home, and yet may return occasionally to comfort us, or to keep in touch with a dear one. Some may stay around a little while, in the denser dimension near to Earth conditions. That, with a loving and kind Soul, is often done because they do not want to leave loved ones alone in their grief. In some cases (such as the passing of a child or dependant) they stay because they cannot see another way except to be beside their loved one.
Now that is okay for a little while, but they are happier when they have transitioned properly. They usually learn that they can re-visit the loved one at times, and they learn that love continues between those Souls who truly love each other.

The re-visiting thing is basically a strong attunement emotionally and with Love.

To be honest....I don't actually know for a fact that everyone who has passed attends their own funeral. Although I do know for a fact that loved ones stay close on the wavelength of love. They might not be able to be with us all of the time, but there are definitely times they can be, and they will do what they can to show us they are there.
However, their attempts to attune to the Heart of a loved one often don't get through because the loved one on Earth doesn't KNOW that is them! We have been conditioned and 'trained' out of our sixth sense in this world!
So be aware of loving energy which may come to you at any time, and try to reach out with as much happiness, love and gratitude as you can towards them under the circumstances.
They understand our tears. They understand our loss. But they are in a beautiful transition. Send love, and that is good for them. Send dark thoughts, and images of suffering, or even death-bed memories, and that will drag on their Hearts and make them very sad and concerned.

It is possible your husband may attend his funeral....as I said, I don't know that for sure. He may even plant a kiss on your face, or try to tell you he is not "lost" at all, and loves you always. He may try to let you know that he is fine, not ill any more. He may tell you he will 'wait' for you for sure, and may have times when he can come back to see you...

So open your Heart to him, and give him your blessing. In Eternal Love.

Take care,
Tobi.

"Hold the Love, like a little Light. It is all you have, or wil ever have, to find your way home."
Old 17-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marymartina
My partner of over 40 years died in January 2017. I am currently experiencing intense grief, and miss him every second of the day. I cannot wait to reunite with him at my death. I am very spiritual and try to believe that he is still with me in spirit. His funeral will be held this Friday, and I am going to find it mental torture as I am heartbroken. I have read that spirits attend their own funerals, and wondered if it makes them as sad as those who mourn them? I would appreciate your comments.

Sorry about your loss. The deceased as I know from my experience as an energy worker and medium stay close to their loved ones to review their life and face their emotions. If you had a close connection to your husband he would be near you but he would not be focused on the funeral but on his own emotions since they are overwhelming.
Old 17-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Administrator
I'm sorry for your loss loosing someone like your partner is awful to go through the grief is intense I speak from experience. your husband can attend his funeral if he wants to but it wont be sad for him.he will feel it for those who he has left behind. my husband came to his funeral.
some people attend their funerals because they want to see how many people attended.not that it makes a difference.but some will attend others wont.it all depends on what kind of person your husband is.
I am a medium I once gave a message to someone who went to their funeral just to see if his partner cried for him.because he didn't think she would. they still keep their sense of humour.
once again I'm sorry for your loss

Namaste
Old 18-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Knower

@Mary

I am very sorry for your loss.

I my opinion ( being pretty new to all of this) he will not be sad for himself but for you and the ones around you. He is probably at a good place now. All spirits I 'spoke' about that are clear about them being happy there. The only thing they do feel sometimes is sadness for the ones they left behind. I think this feeling for them will pass after the first stage after death. He probably will be with you at the funeral.......supporting you.
Old 19-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marymartina

Hello Marymartina,
Oh what a terribly sad thing to go through,my mum passed away in 2015 aged 93 years,my father,her husband passed away in 1987 aged 64 years.
So she carried on for 28 years alone,I remember dads funeral well,everyone was upset,that is normal,so is shedding a tear,but others at your husbands funeral will all feel a little of your sorrow,you will have all the support you need,others there will actually take a little of your sorrow and sadness,and you all share the grief so that one person is not carrying all the load ( that's you ).

You will find the day will be a celebration of your loved ones life,not his death,you will remember all the good and happy times you had together,this too will take away the burden of grief,it will be shared equally amongst all in attendance.

And yes your husband will be there in spirit,all the grief and sadness will draw him close to you,you will intuitively feel his presence.
God in all his glory will be there too,you will feel his presence for he always welcomes his children home.

You will be fine Marymartina,may God bless you and your family and friends.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 24-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Knower

I suppose they can, but it's more likely, as others have said, that they're sad for you and sticking by you to help you through this difficult time. Sorry for your loss!
Old 29-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Suspended
Hell no.

Spirits rejoice when they are freed from the mortal planes. Does a butterfly lament it's chrysalis? The only ones who are sad are those who are left over as we're simply jealous of the fortuitous event that happened to someone we love.
Old 28-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Guide

When I had my NDE, I did not feel sad, fear, grief, etc. From my experience, and from reading others....it's like starting from a clean, untainted, neutral state. It's kind of like when you awaken first thing in the morning after sleeping really well, you don't remember who you are, where you are, or what anything really is....it takes a minute to remember....and everything is open, and there aren't any mysteries. You just know the truth of everything and you are in a very relaxed state of being.

I would guess, it would not hurt him, but concern him to see you grieving so much, and he would understand and may even use dreams, electronics, songs, etc to comfort you. You are more likely to feel him, or catch these signs as time goes on...and you are more open and not clouded by such intense grief. We are, and we aren't...the same person who lived our life here.

Because we are electromagnetic energy, death is very much a rebirth...we are much wiser, spiritual,stronger, understanding, compassionate, open, etc in our natural state of being.

I can only encourage you to occupy your time with things you love to do, and people you love to be around, or even just taking the time to sit outside in the sunshine....because this will ease the pain up little by little over time. It won't replace your husband...but it will make it easier for him to get through to you. I've learned our loved ones can't get through to us, because of grief, and other things that occupy our emotions. They are on a higher energetic level...and so they do sneak attacks on us....like catching us in relaxed states, such as dreams, or early in the morning when we wake up, or when we are really calm and are not expecting a visit....it's just easier for them to get through that way.

You really don't have to worry for him. You will have to cope and learn how to live and fill the void in a positive way that helps you to heal, overcome, and grow spiritually stronger through faith and perseverance while you are here...and while you may feel alone, you are not. Every single one of us, will have to let go of our closest loved ones at some point in our life. I had to let my best friend and closest relative go....when he was diagnosed with cancer and died two years later after remission...when we were both 10 and 11 years old. It was just me and him in preschool, grammar school, daycare, camping trips, time at our grandparents cabin, we were at each other's house every day...and we were always together. It was very sad, shocking, heartbreaking and a terrible thing to happen to someone that was very much apart of me, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and even physically as he was also my blood. Just a cute, blonde haired, green eyed, funny, spunky kid, who loved me very much and couldn't wait to see me every day. I miss him still, very much❤️ But I know, I will see him again one day.
Old 28-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Master

I am sure your partner attened his service . I am sure he would want you to live a full and happy life hear as he is lving his after life .