Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Shabby

The parable of the pool

The Kingdom of heaven is like a pool of crystal clear water, the freshest you have ever seen. Many came from all over the world as it was said to have healing powers. Some came to bathe in it some just looked at it and others brought cups to take back home and so did a young man.

On his way home, he watched others that also had a cup and saw that some spilled it, some poured their water on their plants and some drank it. The young man also saw that no matter what anyone did with the water, the water eventually returned back to the pool.

Realizing this the young man turned around and poured his cup back into the pool and he was immediately set free from all suffering.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Master
Yes give up all beliefs and just simply be.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
The Kingdom of heaven is like a pool of crystal clear water, the freshest you have ever seen. Many came from all over the world as it was said to have healing powers. Some came to bathe in it some just looked at it and others brought cups to take back home and so did a young man.

On his way home, he watched others that also had a cup and saw that some spilled it, some poured their water on their plants and some drank it. The young man also saw that no matter what anyone did with the water, the water eventually returned back to the pool.

Realizing this the young man turned around and poured his cup back into the pool and he was immediately set free from all suffering.

I never heard that...not sure what it means other than that he was set free from seeking it because he realized it was everywhere.
Not sure why that would be called suffering though unless suffering simply means freedom from the need to seek.

Interesting parable....James
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I never heard that...not sure what it means other than that he was set free from seeking it because he realized it was everywhere.
Not sure why that would be called suffering though unless suffering simply means freedom from the need to seek.

Interesting parable....James

I made it up as this was my experience. The water represents life, some enjoy it, some use it, some take charge of it and some waste it, As for the young man he gave his life back and was set free from suffering.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 PM
silent whisper

I like that Shabby.

I look at the cup as a metaphore of how we live with spirit in our life....the cup seen as a tool connected to spirit that allows us the choice to live the path of our choosing to heal and grow....we can partake in that pool in small portions of healing or like the young man observed and chose to do to become one with the pool/spirit.....Living in abundance..the space of full surrender...the space where the kingdom of heaven can truly be found in its fullness.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
I like that Shabby.

I look at the cup as a metaphore of how we live with spirit in our life....the cup seen as a tool connected to spirit that allows us the choice to live the path of our choosing to heal and grow....we can partake in that pool in small portions of healing or like the young man observed and chose to do to become one with the pool/spirit.....Living in abundance..the space of full surrender...the space where the kingdom of heaven can truly be found in its fullness.

Yes I like that Silent Whisper. Just because I came up with the parable doesn't mean there can't be someone else that has a better interpretation/understanding of it LOL
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Yes I like that Silent Whisper. Just because I came up with the parable doesn't mean there can't be someone else that has a better interpretation/understanding of it LOL

In your offering we are able to perceive your sharing in light of you and I as one...which is always nice...
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Mayflow

For whoever has, more will be given, and (s)he will have abundance; and they will share it with everyone. Such is the beauty of a prosperous heart.
Old 13-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Master
You can take the direct route back to Source.

Xan

Old 15-02-2012, 01:04 PM
larty35

straight away I got this:

All rivers lead to the sea... think it's a Mother Meera quote

Larty x