Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Pathfinder

Is it good or bad??

Is having sex with the committed person (husband or wife) is a good karma or bad karma?

How far will it impact the spiritual development of a person seeking to follow divine path?
Old 28-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Niebla0007

Hello!`Music,

Sex by itself is just a normal physical activity of couples-
just a physical release esp. for men.
It is only focus upon or avoided in spiritual work because it is considered distracting. Otherwise, can be the centre of practice as in sex magic.
It is only when ritual is involved, or when sex with other people turns into a sin that it becomes questionable to one's spiritual development or karma,
but I won't worry about it if I were you if it's just a normal sex between couples.

Old 29-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
How about it's the spirit in which anything is done that is of greater consequence that what is being done.
Old 30-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Master
Karma is not about what you do but rather why you do it and with what intent you do it.

If you have sex with anyone from a loving and sincere intent, its probably good karma.

If you have sex by force, as a way to get revenge, to prove who's dominate, to inspire jealously, to get a child against the other person's wishes, etc, then its probably bad karma.

If you are just following you natural instincts, its probably not much karma either way.

I find it strange that you frame this in terms of a 'committed' relationship as if that is supposed to make the answer clear. It suggests to me that there is more to the question that you have not included.
Old 30-03-2013, 05:02 AM
Aşkı_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
Is having sex with the committed person (husband or wife) is a good karma or bad karma?

How far will it impact the spiritual development of a person seeking to follow divine path?

I think this may also be a question of conscience for you. Do you believe that having sex with a married individual is morally wrong? Does it go against your personal beliefs and the sanctity of marriage? What was your intent when this happened? If you repent, as a way to clear your conscience, do you truly mean it without intent of it happening again? (You don't have to write out your answers to these questions, they are intended for you to ask and reflect within yourself).

As far as it impacting your spiritual path, it depends on the way in which you assess and move forward from this situation. I don't know all of the details therefore my response is fairly vague with a lot of room for interpretation.
Old 30-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music

Are you speaking of adultery? If so, then yes. Adultery is a stumbling block to anyone on a spiritual path.