Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
You're very welcome! Honestly, it sounds like you have a handle on this, as in deep down, you know what this is/meant.

I really doubt marijuana and alcohol caused or created this. You mention trying DMT previously... I have heard that this can trigger AP, but in my opinion, the 'jury is still out' on that one. Did you experience anything in regards to this? I'm just genuinely curious.

I'm so glad you experienced an awakening so to speak afterwards. I'm sure you learned exactly what you were supposed to from this. I wish others could open their minds and view the world the way you described.

Its hard to take the lessons away. Even when taken, there are often new experiences in life which cover them up.

do you mean if I experienced anything related to DMT? like a spiritual awakening after DMT?

if that is what you meant, I did not. I might have been a little more spiritual for a little while after that but I didnt experience a divine spiritual awakening.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Its hard to take the lessons away. Even when taken, there are often new experiences in life which cover them up.

do you mean if I experienced anything related to DMT? like a spiritual awakening after DMT?

if that is what you meant, I did not. I might have been a little more spiritual for a little while after that but I didnt experience a divine spiritual awakening.

I'm just curious as to what you experienced from the DMT (while under its influence). Like I said, I've read accounts where people said it triggered an AP.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Headintheclouds, I just remembered something that happened about 10 years ago, and wonder what you make of it.

I was visiting my mother who lives in another country. So I was away from my home for about a month. At the time we had two cats, one of which was very special to me, I loved him deeply. The cats were at home with my husband while I was with my mom.

During the time with my mom I missed my cat often. One night I was lying in bed and missed him greatly as he would always snuggle up next to my head and purr loudly And suddenly I was there in our flat on the couch next to him! It felt very real. It didn't last long but I always wondered whether my intense wish to see him and cuddle him made me project. Is it possible?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same experience, but mine was pretty silly. I had been lying in bed, thinking about a recent TV show I had watched and suddenly I was there with them. It all felt very real and we interacted with each other as well. This experience confused me too (and still does). Honestly, I'm not sure what it was. The only theory I came up with is this; Perhaps it was the beginning of AP or an out of body experience and my brain confused the details.

I can understand why you attribute your incident with an intense longing for your cat. Maybe that's exactly what it was, I wish I could say. I find it very interesting that you experienced a similar encounter. Perhaps there is a member with some knowledge on this.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same experience, but mine was pretty silly. I had been lying in bed, thinking about a recent TV show I had watched and suddenly I was there with them. It all felt very real and we interacted with each other as well. This experience confused me too (and still does). Honestly, I'm not sure what it was. The only theory I came up with is this; Perhaps it was the beginning of AP or an out of body experience and my brain confused the details.

I can understand why you attribute your incident with an intense longing for your cat. Maybe that's exactly what it was, I wish I could say. I find it very interesting that you experienced a similar encounter. Perhaps there is a member with some knowledge on this.

That's very interesting too! A TV show, like you were on set? Would be interesting to ask them if they remember you.

I was not interacting with my cat or anybody there, I was just there, saw everyone and was immediately back in my bed at my mom's. Maybe it was remote viewing? I don't know. It wasn't a dream, that much I know, as I was not sleeping yet.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:48 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm just curious as to what you experienced from the DMT (while under its influence). Like I said, I've read accounts where people said it triggered an AP.

The DMT caused me to have a very powerful hallucination but Im not sure if I would say that it made me astral project. I experienced something like flying through space, except I felt stationary. I could see things rushing by me but I felt stationary.

I remember seeing the earth from like 1,000 miles in space. feeling gratitude and love for everybody on earth. And also for all of existence, the entire universe.

it would appear that it made me astral project, but it could be just a hallucination. A trick of the mind. I never felt like I left my mind with drugs, I was always just in my imagination. with DMT and salvia there were some next level hallucinations that seemed to include delerium as part of the hallucination (which means you feel trapped in the hallucination, as if its real. basically you lose your grip on what is real and what isnt, as a part of how the drug works). I'm on the fence about those, maybe they do make a person astral project, maybe its just a hallucination with delerium. Either way it's a pretty amazing experience

I consider astral projection to be like existing on a new level of consciousness or something akin to that. With AP, I truly feel like I have been teleported into a new area. I can feel the terrain, I have a new set of thoughts about this environment (and I also have a concurrent stream of thoughts about my physical body, but due to concentration I only give them the slightest bit of awareness), and in general I feel as though I am now transported somewhere else that is as equally real as where my physical body lies.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
That's very interesting too! A TV show, like you were on set? Would be interesting to ask them if they remember you.

I was not interacting with my cat or anybody there, I was just there, saw everyone and was immediately back in my bed at my mom's. Maybe it was remote viewing? I don't know. It wasn't a dream, that much I know, as I was not sleeping yet.

It was a reality show so no real 'set' Lol I was in their house, discussing and congratulating them on the birth of their baby. It all felt very real, but obviously strange after the vision? ended. I'm not sure what to call it.

Your experience with your cat definitely sounds like Remote Viewing. I've read accounts and talked to people who have done this and the common denominator is intent and focus. You mentioned that you were missing your cat and combined with your intent and focus, it must have transported your consciousness to your cat. Now, that's amazing! You may have a natural talent for RV. Why not try again? Choose your 'target' and focus on it. You will probably surprise yourself.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
The DMT caused me to have a very powerful hallucination but Im not sure if I would say that it made me astral project. I experienced something like flying through space, except I felt stationary. I could see things rushing by me but I felt stationary.

I remember seeing the earth from like 1,000 miles in space. feeling gratitude and love for everybody on earth. And also for all of existence, the entire universe.

it would appear that it made me astral project, but it could be just a hallucination. A trick of the mind. I never felt like I left my mind with drugs, I was always just in my imagination. with DMT and salvia there were some next level hallucinations that seemed to include delerium as part of the hallucination (which means you feel trapped in the hallucination, as if its real. basically you lose your grip on what is real and what isnt, as a part of how the drug works). I'm on the fence about those, maybe they do make a person astral project, maybe its just a hallucination with delerium. Either way it's a pretty amazing experience

I consider astral projection to be like existing on a new level of consciousness or something akin to that. With AP, I truly feel like I have been teleported into a new area. I can feel the terrain, I have a new set of thoughts about this environment (and I also have a concurrent stream of thoughts about my physical body, but due to concentration I only give them the slightest bit of awareness), and in general I feel as though I am now transported somewhere else that is as equally real as where my physical body lies.

You have pretty much confirmed my thoughts regarding DMT. For me at least, I think I would question my experience if I 'took' something. I know that when I project consciously and with intent, the experience is clear and real.

Your explanation on how AP feels and is experienced... You worded it perfectly, I couldn't have said it better myself. It truly is a life changing experience.
Old 14-06-2018, 12:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
It was a reality show so no real 'set' Lol I was in their house, discussing and congratulating them on the birth of their baby. It all felt very real, but obviously strange after the vision? ended. I'm not sure what to call it.

Your experience with your cat definitely sounds like Remote Viewing. I've read accounts and talked to people who have done this and the common denominator is intent and focus. You mentioned that you were missing your cat and combined with your intent and focus, it must have transported your consciousness to your cat. Now, that's amazing! You may have a natural talent for RV. Why not try again? Choose your 'target' and focus on it. You will probably surprise yourself.

Yes maybe you had a vision. If not for the interacting with people I would think this was maybe also a remote viewing. Maybe a bilocation? Who knows! Lol!

Yes I do seem to have a bit of a talent for rv. I once participated in a course to develop psychic abilities. One exercise we did was, the woman had a several cards with symbols on them in her hand. She chose one and held it up in a way we could not see the symbol and we had to write down which symbol we felt it was. She went through a whole stack of cards. I scored above average on that one. On another occasion, a guy online asked people to draw a photo he held in his hand and send the drawing to him. He got back to me later and said mine was extremely similar to his photo.

With my cat there was the addition of strong emotion, maybe that's why it felt so very real. I remember the energy centering strongly on my forehead (third eye).

When you leave your body, do you feel where you leave it? In NDEs most often the top of the head is mentioned (if an exit point was felt).
Old 17-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Yes maybe you had a vision. If not for the interacting with people I would think this was maybe also a remote viewing. Maybe a bilocation? Who knows! Lol!

Yes I do seem to have a bit of a talent for rv. I once participated in a course to develop psychic abilities. One exercise we did was, the woman had a several cards with symbols on them in her hand. She chose one and held it up in a way we could not see the symbol and we had to write down which symbol we felt it was. She went through a whole stack of cards. I scored above average on that one. On another occasion, a guy online asked people to draw a photo he held in his hand and send the drawing to him. He got back to me later and said mine was extremely similar to his photo.

With my cat there was the addition of strong emotion, maybe that's why it felt so very real. I remember the energy centering strongly on my forehead (third eye).

When you leave your body, do you feel where you leave it? In NDEs most often the top of the head is mentioned (if an exit point was felt).

Whatever it was, it was a strange and kind of silly experience.

Your description of testing your abilities validates that you do have some psychic talents. I would recommend doing this on a regular basis. Think of your intuition as a muscle that needs to be exercised. It will get better and stronger.

Your mention of feeling energy centering on your third eye is exactly where you need to focus when 'tuning in' to use your intuition.

As far as when I leave my body... The exit point can vary. I think everyone is unique and one method won't work for everyone. The same goes for what we experience during separation and while out of body. Your experience will be right for you. Sometimes, I feel my leg floating up first, or my arm... And sometimes I'm not even sure I can separate until I attempt the 'roll out' method (slowly rolling on your side until you realize you are able to fully separate). I've never exited through the top of my head but have read many accounts of others who have. See how everyone is different?
Old 18-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Your description of testing your abilities validates that you do have some psychic talents. I would recommend doing this on a regular basis. Think of your intuition as a muscle that needs to be exercised. It will get better and stronger.

Your mention of feeling energy centering on your third eye is exactly where you need to focus when 'tuning in' to use your intuition.

I used to play around with these things much more often. In the last 10 years or so "worldly" challenges used up most of energy on a day-to-day basis and little was left to focus on psychic endeavors. I'm currently making a conscious effort to take more time out for myself again.

Quote:
As far as when I leave my body... The exit point can vary. I think everyone is unique and one method won't work for everyone. The same goes for what we experience during separation and while out of body. Your experience will be right for you. Sometimes, I feel my leg floating up first, or my arm... And sometimes I'm not even sure I can separate until I attempt the 'roll out' method (slowly rolling on your side until you realize you are able to fully separate). I've never exited through the top of my head but have read many accounts of others who have. See how everyone is different?

Ah the roll out, that's what it's called? Lol! I sometimes get the sensation when lying in bed that I have turned on my side but then realize that I'm still lying on my back. I was always wondering what that is. Ok so that is a way to exit? Interesting! Next time it happens I will remember this.

I agree, everyone is different and does things their own way, including astral travel, it seems!