Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 27-02-2014, 05:37 PM
HisScorpion61

Our body prepares us for Death?

My son- who is atheist, claims that what NDE people see is their mind preparing them for death. What a crock- and it makes no sense, I told him. Why would your brain even care to prepare you for death- feeling the Love from Jesus- all the colors that are brilliant and nothing we have ever seen with our eyes. - for what?- nothing- just to die and that is it. Logically- this just does not make sense to me at all.And I am shocked that my son was raised by me to be a believer of the afterlife and God and Jesus loves us all. What happened through the yrs is -he started watching all these Scientist proving there is no afterlife- blah,blah and blah-I say. There is proof of it everywhere. People who have given testimonies all over youtube of their NDE and i watched them all- he of course was not interested. Everything I have told him- he of course has a answer. Does anyone have a child that believes this also?
Old 28-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Ecthalion

I was brought up as an atheist, but experiences I have had have changed my mind.
You are right about NDEs. There would be no evolutionary advantage to them; no benefit to our genes. Therefore I believe that they are real happenings (or at least, most of them).
NDEs are probably the second or third most convincing proof to me that there is more to us than this physical body.
Old 28-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Master
There are different interpretations of "Atheist".
Some feel that it describes non belief of a Deity, exclusively.
Others of an afterlife, also... or both.

Some claim they are no longer an atheist because they Experienced something beyond this mortal sphere. But, there may be varying views on God.

Meanwhile, I feel there is enough evidence about Consciousness not being limited to this body, and this material life alone. That, the brain and neurology is merely the reciever, or, "Transciever".
The interface with this, "Illusory" material world.

And, eliminating the aspect of, "Space/time", also, any creation is indicative alone of a Creator of it. Time not being a necessary factor.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 AM
Master

My husband used to be agnostic but now believes in an afterlife. His father is dying right now and he (my husband) feels comfort rather than sadness that his father will be reunited with friends and family soon. His long and arduous journey is almost over.

I wouldn't give up hope on your son. My husband was in his 50's before he started believing.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisScorpion61
And I am shocked that my son was raised by me to be a believer of the afterlife and God and Jesus loves us all. What happened through the yrs is -he started watching all these Scientist proving there is no afterlife- blah,blah and blah-I say.

Sounds to me like you taught him to think for himself as well as be independent ...
Remember, children are given to us to raise not to be clones of ourself ...
It is our job to let them spread their wings ...

There are many legitimate credentialed scientists who believe in the afterlife, God & Jesus ...
It just depends on whose work he's studying ...

God would not abandon the terminally ill/dying to linger for the sake of simply suffering ...
God prepares us to let go of life to accept death peacefully ...

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote the book on "On Death & Dying" where she first discussed her model of the 5 stages of Grief ...
I watched, unbeknownst to me at the time, my husband go through each stage prior to his death in a sudden car collision caused by another dirver ...
I also experienced the stages of grief after his death; it was like a near death experience that also included a life review ...
Old 01-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Guide
My father recently passed over and I saw his body prepare my mind for his passing. He did not need to be prepared his mind and body were ready it was me that needed to be prepared.

I have had death and life experiences. I have died 5 times and in one of my experiences I saw exactly what was happening in another room of the hospital. I saw the conversation with my loved ones and the doctors. When I was better I discussed this with the man the doctor spoke with and he was completely floored that I knew the conversation and the room.

This is the way many people are encouraged to believe in something beyond ourselves. Experience is the best teachers. There is no way any of that could have happened if there was no Powers that Be or Deity or whatever you want to call it.

I wish you well but it may take a personal experience for your son to become a believer.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 01-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
God prepares us to let go of life to accept death peacefully ...

I believe you are right livingkarma. My father in law told us a week ago he was going home very soon. He is not fighting return to spirit at all. And this is a man that never went to church or had any conversation about "God", etc.

Now when his wife died 9 years ago, she fought it tooth and nail. She struggled for every breath. When she was told she had a few weeks to live, she clung to life for 3 months. She just wasn't ready to die. But she had many unresolved issues.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM
HisScorpion61

I was raised Catholic- went to the schools,church. I thought raising him the same way was what I was suppose to do. It backfired on me. He ask to be taken out of the Catholic School after 6th grade. So, I put him in a public school and realized that the Catholic Religion wasn't for me or him- there just was not enough enthusiasm. So, we started going to a Christian Church. We both loved the music and the service- but for some reason- we both felt like we just did not fit in- and the church was just way to big. My son is a wonderful person. He is everything a mother would want her child to be. He has never caused me any problems and we have always been real close. He is good to others and is very emotional. I prayed on it and I got a overwhelming sense of Peace over me and that everything will be ok- he will be ok- and to just trust in the future for him. So, that is what I have done. He listens to what I have to say and even is taking it to heart. He said he has to have proof right in front of him. I told him proof is everywhere.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
My father recently passed over and I saw his body prepare my mind for his passing. He did not need to be prepared his mind and body were ready it was me that needed to be prepared.

I have had death and life experiences. I have died 5 times and in one of my experiences I saw exactly what was happening in another room of the hospital. I saw the conversation with my loved ones and the doctors. When I was better I discussed this with the man the doctor spoke with and he was completely floored that I knew the conversation and the room.

This is the way many people are encouraged to believe in something beyond ourselves. Experience is the best teachers. There is no way any of that could have happened if there was no Powers that Be or Deity or whatever you want to call it.

I wish you well but it may take a personal experience for your son to become a believer.

Peace and Light,
SC

Isn't your Experience indicative that this material world reality is not a "Real" as we normally percieve?

If one can pray with sincerity, believing, one can be amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisScorpion61
He said he has to have proof right in front of him. I told him proof is everywhere.

Reminds of the movie, "Fools Rush In". Towards the end of the movie there's a line something like, "There are signs everywhere, you only have to look!"
Starring that guy from the "Friends" series, and Salma Hyak.
In fact the movie is about an atheist who has a realtionship with a Catholic believer. Interesting.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-03-2014, 07:03 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I believe you are right livingkarma. My father in law told us a week ago he was going home very soon. He is not fighting return to spirit at all. And this is a man that never went to church or had any conversation about "God", etc.

Now when his wife died 9 years ago, she fought it tooth and nail. She struggled for every breath. When she was told she had a few weeks to live, she clung to life for 3 months. She just wasn't ready to die. But she had many unresolved issues.

The [Elizabeth] Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief, is the series of emotional stages that someone experiences when faced with impending death or other extreme, awful fate. The five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance ...

I, also, experienced these 5 stages during my grief from the loss/death of my husband (extreme, awful fate) ...
When reading obituaries, quite often there will be a mention of the deceased fighting till the end ...
Many people find it quite admirable ...