Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

There is certainly value in theosophy, though I often feel that it has become somewhat outdated, since it was originally based on a rather limited understanding of Eastern religions.

The end of the 19th century was not the pinnacle of Western Understanding of Eastern Thought, to put it mildly. I still don't know what to think of HPB, though I must admit I only have a cursory familiarity with her writings.

All these posts are amazing. Wow. I think everyone is right. The truth is like a tree with each one holding a branch and saying "yes we have the truth!" Which is quite right. We define and by defining we create because definition is the first step to creation.

It's all good.

I believe that the truth is an island and that we are swimming in the ocean trying to get closer to the island. We will never get to the island, but that is okay. I can only communicate from my own understanding. In a very real sense we are all wrong in the sense that we can never be right because to know the truth we must know all things and the relationship between all things in every moment. In order to do this we must be able to perceive all things in our experience all at once.

The Divine is the only one that can do this.

Having said this. It is also true that there is no seperation from an ultimate perspective yet also we must true to our perception in this moment and in this moment there is seperation.

We may know something in our thoughts, within ourselves, the gnosis, the true intuitive knowledge and yet we must somehow bring the inner knowing and to be able to experience this in our experience.

We may do this by filing ourselves with the God light, prana, the breath of the Divine, call it what you will. When I do this and highten my vibration and ascend my conciousness I connect with the Divine.

Feeling the Divine love transforms my experience of myself and other people. I am all about transforming my being and my experience of my being in my reality and helping other transform their reality experience.

I love this part of my life. My working life is amazing also as I am using my understanding to bring about worthwhile changes in thinking which ultimately changes behaviour .

Wise words were told to me once: An eagle does not fly and because he can fly, thinks "I am eagle!", instead, an eagle knows it is an eagle and because it knows it is an eagle it is able to fly.

I agree that Theosophy, at least in the writing that I linked is outdated. It is worthwhile for me to read the writings because I have tried to understand the history of ideas. Also, Theosophy was noble because it tried to bring all spiritual understanding and material understanding together in one place in order to get a fuller understanding.

It is also interesting, for me, that the great western spirituality, in its purist forms, at least to my understanding, reached an apex within the 18 hundreds. We now "borrow" from eastern understanding yet the medival alchemists and philosphers had incredible understanding and yet it was all lost to scientific thought, at least in the west.

Now there is a curious merging of east and west philosophy in some individuals, which is great, but there is no school of philosophy or spiritual organisation which brings all spirituality and higher under one roof.

It is my hope to find such an institution, or if one is not found create one.

Love, Adam

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 23-01-2020, 09:43 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Different authors using different names, which is known as the Documentary Hypothesis in Biblical studies. There are four different sources; Yahwist, Elohist, Deuteronomist, and Priestly sources. Elohim is the Hebrew word and of the Elohist source. Someone later on combined the different accounts into the ''Book of Genesis''.

This person(s) probably did not wish to change the names and preferred to keep the accounts in their original state. Similar issues can be found elsewhere in the Bible, including the New Testament, where different gospels talk about the same stories yet in different ways.

I would say that is because Genesis is demonstrably based on the Enuma Elish and other Sumerian scriptures, that predated it by thousands of years. There were many different gods in the original sources, and trying to whittle them down to just one proved challenging. I think the flood story, which originally appeared in Gilgamesh, is about two gods, Enki and Enlil, one wishing to wipe out humanity, the other one trying to save it. The garden of Eden story (Edin in Sumerian) also makes a lot more sense, once you understand the background to it and particularly, the significance of the Sumerian Tree of life, and again, Enki's role in the mythology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
How much meditation do you think is necessary to feel this full ''Kundalini experience'' that you have experienced? With that I mean in the literal sense feeling it throughout the spine. What effects does it give you on a daily basis? I'm curious.

It varies from person to person and a lot depend on how far you've gotten in your previous lives.

In my case, it was destined to happen exactly when, where and how it did, for complicated reasons to do with numerology, ley lines and even the positioning of certain ancient artefacts.

In my experience, Kundalini awakening is destiny and it is such a major event, that it has been planned even before your parents were born, if you're destined to go through it. The life of my entire family, going back to at least my grandparents had to occur in a certain way, with many numerological synchronicities and freak events with incredibly lucky escapes, to enable this to happen.

I still had to do my part, in terms of meditation, contemplation and study but I do think that if someone is meant to go through the experience, it will happen, no matter what.

Regarding the daily experience of Kundalini, most of it happens in the background in subtle ways but when I concentrate on it, I feel it very intensely.

Usually I faill to put it into words, but just to use a few apt ones, there is exaltation, reverence for the divine, a lived experience of heaven on earth, joy, divine grace, inspiration a constant buzzing of energy, a constant tingling sensation along nerve pathways and the skin, connection to a higher reality, a download of information from higher realms, constant aha-moments with flashes of realisation about how things are, a balance of hot and cold energy, wandering about the body and mixing in certain central channels and energy centres, a lived experience of the spinning of the chakras on a constant basis as they suck in energy from a higher realm and connect me to those higher dimensions, a hyper-sensitivity to the thoughts and feeling of others around me, including animals, with a direct link that is instant and very strong, a flow of poetry into the mind, an urge for an artistic or creative outflow or outlet, a constant stream of Soma into the brain and distributed all over the body by the chakric-energetic system, a constant upflow of subsumed sexual energy and actual seminal fluids up the spine, streaming into the brain, a constant sensation of light and heat, particularly towards the upper and inner part of the brain, etc... I could literally go on forever.

I wish I could give you some method by which you could easily raise your own Kundalini, they do exist in the form of Tantra, but my experience with them has been mostly incidental and I usually intuited them by direct communication with the Goddess, rather than learning about them from a book first. Like I said, my own awakening process was pre-ordained and highly dependent on divine grace.

I'm still of the opinion that establishing and maintaining a connection with the divine is far more important to this process than mere technique, but that tends to offend people for some reason.
Old 23-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
All these posts are amazing. Wow. I think everyone is right. The truth is like a tree with each one holding a branch and saying "yes we have the truth!" Which is quite right. We define and by defining we create because definition is the first step to creation.

It's all good.

I believe that the truth is an island and that we are swimming in the ocean trying to get closer to the island. We will never get to the island, but that is okay. I can only communicate from my own understanding. In a very real sense we are all wrong in the sense that we can never be right because to know the truth we must know all things and the relationship between all things in every moment. In order to do this we must be able to perceive all things in our experience all at once.

The Divine is the only one that can do this.

Having said this. It is also true that there is no seperation from an ultimate perspective yet also we must true to our perception in this moment and in this moment there is seperation.

We may know something in our thoughts, within ourselves, the gnosis, the true intuitive knowledge and yet we must somehow bring the inner knowing and to be able to experience this in our experience.

We may do this by filing ourselves with the God light, prana, the breath of the Divine, call it what you will. When I do this and highten my vibration and ascend my conciousness I connect with the Divine.

Feeling the Divine love transforms my experience of myself and other people. I am all about transforming my being and my experience of my being in my reality and helping other transform their reality experience.

I love this part of my life. My working life is amazing also as I am using my understanding to bring about worthwhile changes in thinking which ultimately changes behaviour .

Wise words were told to me once: An eagle does not fly and because he can fly, thinks "I am eagle!", instead, an eagle knows it is an eagle and because it knows it is an eagle it is able to fly.

I agree that Theosophy, at least in the writing that I linked is outdated. It is worthwhile for me to read the writings because I have tried to understand the history of ideas. Also, Theosophy was noble because it tried to bring all spiritual understanding and material understanding together in one place in order to get a fuller understanding.

It is also interesting, for me, that the great western spirituality, in its purist forms, at least to my understanding, reached an apex within the 18 hundreds. We now "borrow" from eastern understanding yet the medival alchemists and philosphers had incredible understanding and yet it was all lost to scientific thought, at least in the west.

Now there is a curious merging of east and west philosophy in some individuals, which is great, but there is no school of philosophy or spiritual organisation which brings all spirituality and higher under one roof.

It is my hope to find such an institution, or if one is not found create one.

Love, Adam

Hey Adam,

I was writing about Genesis and the creation story in some of my previous posts and I do appreciate the synchronicity that your name brings to the picture

Thanks for all your kind words.

I do appreciate theosophy, after all it brought eastern thought into the public consciousness in the West.

They also came up with the idea of ascended masters, which I think is rather spot-on. In one sense, Inanna is an ascended being and she does appear as such in some ascended master systems, as do the Elohim and other versions of the Goddess, such as Ishtar, Tara or Kwan Yin.

I have long learned to disregard the form and concentrate on the energy. It will always tell you, unfailingly, who you're dealing with and what their true intentions are. That is one thing that cannot be faked.

I also feel that you are a very kind and enlightened soul and the world is lucky to have you contributing so positively to general well-being and love for others.