Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 04-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
That sounds amazing, alot of people do swim for sure in all climates, in seas and rivers, almost like a rebirth thing going on, I've noticed in my life once or twice, being overtaken by that pure joy of a christmasy feeling at completely different times of the year and wondering to myself when it happened could we possibly stay engaged with the possibility that everyday is christmas. I haven't experienced that one in awhile though

Thanks for framing it that way ..that gifts we have created await us at some future destination, await to surprise us and uplift us. k thanks. Here is a another nice poem by a Jamaican poet by the name of Derek Walcott, you may have come across the poem already. Speaking about the epiphany we sometimes have when we encounter ourselves unexpectedly in quieter ways too and in the common expressions of our own lives.

Love after Love

The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

Derek Walcott

Thanks, Joe for sharing. Feasting on your life... Finding oneself being reborn on Christmas day whilst swimming in the waves hmmmm... I know what you mean about trying to carry forth such moments of blind recognition of oneself and into whatever moments arrive and pass by. I guess the trick is to not try and capture such moments... Lol... Rather simply just enjoy them at the time.

That is truly a lovely poem by Derek Walcott.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
I know haha! Life is swimming along. Doing well. I am still in Seattle! Hope you are well! That baby must be a biggie now!

Sounds good Libby, glad things are flowing !!! I will tell everyone my life is in a constant state of potentiality Yes, my son is 4.5 years now getting big, such a great blessing in my life, singing and dancing away like his daddy ! How is you're little girl ? did you have any more kids since i saw you last lol ..? you never know lol.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 12-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
Thanks, Joe for sharing. Feasting on your life... Finding oneself being reborn on Christmas day whilst swimming in the waves hmmmm... I know what you mean about trying to carry forth such moments of blind recognition of oneself and into whatever moments arrive and pass by. I guess the trick is to not try and capture such moments... Lol... Rather simply just enjoy them at the time.

That is truly a lovely poem by Derek Walcott.

You're welcome, what a tremendous poem, Love after Love. It's truly universal and its spiritual, really spiritual and yet there is no dogma anywhere ? Isn't it strange ? Yes ..the declaration of the observer, the person who can burn the raft ,disgard the raft as the Buddha proposed (the raft being the many structures for human life that at one time were vital and to some still are but have become stale, and simply just 'Be'. Go to the party and be at the party but make sure you Bring yourself, Your own very being. Take care and thanks for your reply.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 13-01-2020, 12:59 AM
Knower

Yes. That Derek Wallcott poem is truly inspiring.
Old 15-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxTracks
Yes. That Derek Wallcott poem is truly inspiring.

Indeed I think in its depth its actually not only speaking about the break down of personal relationships and the ensuing grief, heartbreak and sorrow and eventual acceptance and emergence perhaps, but its also speaking about loving yourself at all times whether inside a personal relationship or outside it which really gives the poem a depth that is pretty awesome. It's a very wise beautiful poem indeed.