Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What do you mean by ' beyond thinking ' SW?. Pure Awareness or something different...

I think it's pure awareness, where your mind is completely silent.There are moments when I wake up feeling this way and this inner state stays for a whole day and there are also moments ( it happens almost all the time ) when I reach this state while in deep meditation.This is a state of deep peace where the mind is completely silent, no more thoughts, no more worries, no more chattering.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
The only ' free will ' we have is the choice to think we have ' Free will '

So what happens with "free will", in your opinion, when one goes beyond thinking ?

Quote:
What do you mean by ' beyond thinking ' SW?. Pure Awareness or something different...

Pure awareness ("knowing without thinking") is probably as good a terminology as possible for "beyond thinking". Yes.
Old 27-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
So what happens with "free will", in your opinion, when one goes beyond thinking ?

Pure awareness ("knowing without thinking") is probably as good a terminology as possible for "beyond thinking". Yes.

I see knowing without thinking as intuition not 'Pure awareness' so I'm confused.com now
Pure awareness to me is the state prior to thoughts arising, so I would say as ' Free will ' is a thought it wouldn't have appeared so there is nothing that is happening to a no-thing...
Correct me if I am misunderstanding you, I can try again, it keeps the cogs of my mind oiled
Old 28-09-2019, 06:14 AM
Guide

Quote:
I see knowing without thinking as intuition not 'Pure awareness' so I'm confused.com now
Pure awareness to me is the state prior to thoughts arising, so I would say as ' Free will ' is a thought it wouldn't have appeared so there is nothing that is happening to a no-thing...
Correct me if I am misunderstanding you, I can try again, it keeps the cogs of my mind oiled

The Mayhayana school of Buddhism refers to it as Sunyata (The Void).

Taken from Wikipedia:

In Mayhayana, Sunyata refers to the tenet that "all things are empty of intrinsic existence and nature (svabhava) but may also refer to the Bhuddha nature teachings and primordial or empty awareness, as in Dzogchin, Shentong or Zen.

My own “oil of choice” is Coconut Oil (Virgin or Cold Pressed). In Hinduism, the Coconut is referred to as Sri Phal (Most Auspicious Fruit) because it has a Satvic (pure) energy. I’m pretty certain that it’s what The Bible refers to as The Manna (Coconut Manna).
Old 28-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
The Mayhayana school of Buddhism refers to it as Sunyata (The Void).

Taken from Wikipedia:

In Mayhayana, Sunyata refers to the tenet that "all things are empty of intrinsic existence and nature (svabhava) but may also refer to the Bhuddha nature teachings and primordial or empty awareness, as in Dzogchin, Shentong or Zen.

My own “oil of choice” is Coconut Oil (Virgin or Cold Pressed). In Hinduism, the Coconut is referred to as Sri Phal (Most Auspicious Fruit) because it has a Satvic (pure) energy. I’m pretty certain that it’s what The Bible refers to as The Manna (Coconut Manna).

No I am not referring to Sunyata MM, maybe SW is and I've misunderstood. All these different labels from different Buddhists Schools that basically mean the same can be confusing so I generally try to explain the way I experience things rather than get to weighed down with the labels.....
Old 28-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:

I think that we are saying virtually the same thing but the words are getting in the way of communication.

I see your point though. There may indeed be a subtle difference between your definition of "knowing without thinking" ("intuition") and "the state prior to thoughts arising" (pure awareness). I often use the word "pure intuition" to ensure that one's personal stuff is not getting in the way of "pure awareness". I'm not sure if the differences in terminology here are significant.

I am guided by "pure intuition", which I consider to be connecting with the higher power through "purity of heart" and that may very well be the "pure awareness" of which you speak. I do use the terminology "pure awareness" as well as "pure intuition" and "knowing without thinking".

In any case, my sense is that we are in agreement but are just having difficulty with the terminology.
Old 28-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I think that we are saying virtually the same thing but the words are getting in the way of communication.

I see your point though. There may indeed be a subtle difference between your definition of "knowing without thinking" ("intuition") and "the state prior to thoughts arising" (pure awareness). I often use the word "pure intuition" to ensure that one's personal stuff is not getting in the way of "pure awareness". I'm not sure if the differences in terminology here are significant.

I am guided by "pure intuition", which I consider to be connecting with the higher power through "purity of heart" and that may very well be the "pure awareness" of which you speak. I do use the terminology "pure awareness" as well as "pure intuition" and "knowing without thinking".

In any case, my sense is that we are in agreement but are just having difficulty with the terminology.

' In any case, my sense is that we are in agreement but are just having difficulty with the terminology. '

We're talking in tongues,

Where do you personally think ' Intuition ' comes from....
Old 28-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
' In any case, my sense is that we are in agreement but are just having difficulty with the terminology. '

We're talking in tongues,

Where do you personally think ' Intuition ' comes from....

Speaking in tongues included understanding what the other person was saying.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 28-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Speaking in tongues included understanding what the other person was saying.

Exactly....
Old 29-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Master

If you ever get to see & experience what I do, you will soon realize that speaking in tongue is negative influence from those unloving beings that i quite often refer to.

Do you believe that after our liberation from the flesh & are living life in spirit, that we will be sitting around babbling in tongue...No, we will be investing our time in, beautiful coherent loving life in the spiritual lands of abundance.

Or we could unlovingly loiter around the Earth, making energetic attachments to Earthlings & babbling incoherently through them.