Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 26-05-2019, 04:43 AM
Master
Lepus, I think it's amazing that she had a temple built for her practice. Not many people have the opportunity to do so and wishing you the best for accomplishing your goals.

Thank you Altair. Having an outdoor space as part of a practice is a good idea, especially if it's nature based.

I haven't made moon water or moon salt but according to what I read all you do is set it out during a full moon so the salt and water get charged with the moon's energy. Once it's made, then I plan on transferring it to bottles for storage. My main reason for making them is to consecrate the altar tools. I don't plan on doing a ritual, or anything similar, as part of setting them out at night. There's probably more uses for moon salt and water but nothing comes to mind right now.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 26-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I like all the symbols Chrysalis. Well thought out.

@Lepus; I think it's just fantastic you want to build a temple! What will it look like if you just imagine your ideal temple..? If I ever have the space I'd love to build a hidden grove with a shrine!!
I have not made moon water but it sounds like an interesting ritual; http://dropsofyoga.com/blog/how-to-make-moon-water/

Ha, what does Altair know about the Morrigan? Ain't that Shay's territory? :) Sorry for all the bad AC jokes, my husband is a big fan of those games. At least up to Rogue and Black Flag.

So how is the altar coming, Chrysalis? I've been curious.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 26-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
Ha, what does Altair know about the Morrigan? Ain't that Shay's territory? :) Sorry for all the bad AC jokes, my husband is a big fan of those games. At least up to Rogue and Black Flag.

So how is the altar coming, Chrysalis? I've been curious.

Hello,

I started to spray paint the plate a couple of weeks ago and realized I had the wrong colour. I exchanged the brown for black and now I'm waiting for the weather to cooperate a bit so I can go outside and spray paint the plate and bottles. If this wasn't dependent on the weather, I would've had that part done by now. This a low priority over the other things I have to do at home, so just taking my time. Also, if I hadn't messed up with the colour I would've started drawing the Celtic cross. Anyway, I'm not worried about this setback.

Morrigan is about persistence and patience among other things. Putting an altar together isn't a race as long as it gets finished but of course the sooner the better.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 26-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hello,

I started to spray paint the plate a couple of weeks ago and realized I had the wrong colour. I exchanged the brown for black and now I'm waiting for the weather to cooperate a bit so I can go outside and spray paint the plate and bottles. If this wasn't dependent on the weather, I would've had that part done by now. This a low priority over the other things I have to do at home, so just taking my time. Also, if I hadn't messed up with the colour I would've started drawing the Celtic cross. Anyway, I'm not worried about this setback.

Morrigan is about persistence and patience among other things. Putting an altar together isn't a race as long as it gets finished but of course the sooner the better.

Haha, then perhaps it is a test! :) Spray painting in my area is tricky, especially with all the wind and rain this time of year. Best of luck!

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 31-05-2019, 04:27 AM
Master
Hi all,

Here is an update on what I've done with the altar items. The weather finally cooperated so I was able to spray paint outside.

The bottles are finished and are ready to store moon water and moon salt but they do need labels. I think there's a full moon in a couple of weeks but should check the calendar for the exact date.

I did spray paint the altar plate but I feel it needs another coat before I start decorating it.

Old 31-05-2019, 06:33 AM
Master
Hey Chrysalis...
It will be 17 June. I’m going to do try this out too..
Old 31-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Knower
Ooh, I like how dark they are! Appears....powerful. I'm very interested in this project, because I'm considering making my own altars. Any inspiration is welcome! :)

Old 01-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Lepus

Hello Altair,

Quote:

@Lepus; I think it's just fantastic you want to build a temple! What will it look like if you just imagine your ideal temple..? If I ever have the space I'd love to build a hidden grove with a shrine!!
I have not made moon water but it sounds like an interesting ritual; http://dropsofyoga.com/blog/how-to-make-moon-water/

I'd like a temple that is easy for me to navigate around. And to have enough space for my two altars. My ideal temple won't necessarily be huge and made of bricks. I'm looking for something less expensive. One that looks like a tiny house but not too small. As far as aesthetics goes, I'll add things that my deities appreciate and some personal decorations. I think a grove would be nice.

Thanks for the link. Sounds like Florida Water.

Lepus
Old 02-06-2019, 03:07 AM
Master
Quote:

Thank you for the link, I bookmarked it.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Lepus

Hi Chrysalis,

I bought black spray paint a while ago for coating my picture frame. The idea was to coat the glass for divination, but I've noticed some of the paint began to peel off. Especially since I had it cleaned with alcohol (Florida water) with a rag. So I assume the paint must have scraped off. Has this ever happened to you? And what kind of paint do you use? I've used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover 2X. I really like this spray paint because of the extra coating adding a shiny surface.

Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 04-06-2019 at 06:42 PM.