Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Knower

When you think of surrender...

When you think of surrender....what does it mean to you?

what are you surrendering.....and to whom do you surrender..."it"... to

why are you surrendering....

I think there is (in general) a misconception about the Act of surrender.
Many people claim that they have ...surrendered ....when in fact they have not.
Most people could not answer the 3 questions above....if their honest about it; and yet they have surrendered.
A spiritual ripe-ness is required for the Act of surrender.....otherwise one is simply parroting the phrase .....I surrender...
How can one surrender to what one has not directly perceived ?
Direct perception....when one has direct perception of the Divine....then....and only then, will the Act of surrender have any power in it.

So if you wish to surrender to the Divine....you must seek it...surely you will re-find it already inside you...then you may surrender to it
Love
acorn
Old 28-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Master

It can mean different things to different people. Not all perceive a single 'Divinity' to surrender to as well. Some perceive multiple divinities or zero divinities in their spiritual path. It's up to the individual and wherever their life experience has lead them, there is no one right way or wrong way. Personally my spirituality involves surrendering perception of divinity itself.
Old 28-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Knower

Sorry I didn't intend to imply that there is only one way...only that one must have direct knowledge of that which one surrenders to....other wise it's just word games isn't it?
The act of surrender ....has subtle qualities to it....that is the point.... saying so....doesn't make it so

I always thought of Divinity to be all encompassing....

Love
acorn
Old 29-05-2014, 06:40 AM
Master
I'll surrender to the Divine when I die. Until then, I'm here to fully live and experience me, and the Divine in me. Rinse and repeat over numerous lifetimes. Going to all the trouble of incarnating, just to then surrender to the Divine, strikes me the same as taking a vacation and then sleeping all day in your hotel room.

That's what I think of when I think of surrender.
Old 29-05-2014, 07:00 AM
Master
Hello acorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
When you think of surrender....what does it mean to you?
Acceptance.

what are you surrendering.....and to whom do you surrender..."it"... to
I accept people, places, things, and situations as they are to myself.

why are you surrendering....
To be grateful, to be filled with gratitude, love.
If I am not feeling grateful, then there is some person, place, thing, or situation I am not accepting.
Until I accept it, I will feel ungrateful, fearful, restless, irritable, (tension of some kind).
Acceptance is the key to all my problems.

Old 29-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
How can one surrender to what one has not directly perceived ?
Direct perception....when one has direct perception of the Divine....then....and only then, will the Act of surrender have any power in it.
Very good points, but unfortunately invalidated due to this being both a new-age and internet forum. With new-age, anything can and does go, so who's to say who has directly perceived the Divine, who hasn't, and what it even means? And of course being the internet, anyone can imagine, invent and claim any experience they wish; that's the main purpose of this medium I think.

Way too much chasing after the Divine and other such concepts for my tastes anyway. Live life. Experience. That's how one can directly perceive whatever it is that's worth perceiving.
Old 29-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Master
Top notch answers Visitor, I wish I had said all that!
Old 29-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Master
I would say surrender is about union .

To surrender to what is the question .. Something other than what you already are?

x daz x
Old 29-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I would say surrender is about union .

To surrender to what is the question .. Something other than what you already are?

x daz x
That was exactly the thought that came to mind when Baile said 'I'll surrender to the Divine when I die,' as though s/he and the Divine are separate (not having a go, Baile, but to me that's a misperception).
Old 29-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Knower

Surrender??? To what? Why surrender? That is too vague... please elaborate ??? Surrendering never has entered the picture in my life.