Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 27-10-2010, 12:25 PM
orli_the_owl

Smile He came in a dream!...I think...maybe

hey all, i just have to tell somone about this because im all excited!

so, a couple of days ago i posted on here that i really wanted to meet my spirit guide and felt that he was waiting for me and getting a bit impatient but that i was scared of doing it.
You were all so amazing, reasuring and suportive that I gave it a go and on tuesday I did my best to meditate etc, but i couldnt do it, i couldnt get in that place where you cant hear/feel this world. I think its becuase i was so het up about it, i couldnt focus properly. So i left it and thought ''ah well, i'll try again later''
I was having a particulally sensitive day empathy wise, but regarless, I went to visit my family and i went haywire with all their various moods and medical complaints comeing at me left right and centre. When i got home I was slightly hysterical with grief (no idea what i was greiving, must have picked it up on the train) and i layed on my bed and basically pleaded out loud ''please, if you're there I need you to help me, I hate this... what am i even crying about??''

I had an early night, and had a dream.
At first it was just a random thing about me and my brother in a warehouse and then I was a deer in this beautiful forest. I was waliking with a purpose, i knew where i was going but i was enjoying the walk, it was so peacefull and loveley. I came out into a clearing and sat/lay down to wait. I knew what I was waiting for and i said to myself ''this is it! but like this you can only ask one question, decide which.''
Then there was a voice coming from the other end. but it had no body. I know i talked to it, I think i asked him if im the right career path (something ive been very uncertain about) and it said ''you have to keep going. follow me''
I thought ''i cant see him, why cant i see him?'' I knew that he was my spirit guide and they they didnt always have a form but i thought i'd be quite dificult to folow him through the forest if i couldnt see him. et, voila there was a man. he was either bob monkhous or des o connor (ive googled them both and there is very little difference I still dont know which, but i do wonder why) in a grey shiny suit and dress shoes. I thought they were odd as we were hinking, but hey whatever.
I followed him through the other side of the forest (i was both me in my human form and the deer at the same time, very odd) and asked him why he was so good at hiking and he said he did it all the time. we didnt say anything else, i just followed him, but it wasnt akward or anything. he was friendly and happy and i felt really comfortable and peaceful.
we met up with a group of people who were waiting for us, although they were just as surprised as me to see bob/des hiking. Then i either went back to my other dream or woke up.

Did i actually meet my spirit guide or was it a bit of wishful dreaming on my part? It felt very different to my other dreams which makes me think maybe it was more...real.

again, id aprechiate your veiws, im still so new to all of this. xx orli
Old 27-10-2010, 12:29 PM
sunny shine

ask for some signs from your SG for confirmation
Old 27-10-2010, 01:56 PM
orli_the_owl

Great Idea sunny thanks!
Old 27-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Zandorf

Hi Orli,

Do you know what a totum is? Well a totum is a spirit animal that is sort of like an animal guide, they give you strength and protection, like any normal guide. I expect your stag is what your totam is. I was, many years ago, shown a Brown Bear, and I now know that a Brown Bear is my totum, but, I later learned that I had a Canadian Indian Guide whose name was Brown Bear, he is my healing guide. So it is possible that "Stag" may form part of your guides name.

With regards to the Bob/Des thing, are you of a similar nature to those two people, happy, joking, song and dance person? Maybe just their way of easing you into your acceptance of things.
Old 28-10-2010, 10:27 AM
ThinkingAloud

Interesting. Do you like Bob or Des? Do they give you a sense of security, maybe from watching them as a child?

It could be that your guide is slowly showing him/herself to you in a way which wont alarm you.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:06 PM
orli_the_owl

hey Zandorf, no ive never heard of a totum before and you've deffinatly given me somthing to think about.
After much carefull study of the two guys ive realse he resembled bob monkhouse far more than des o connor. So i guess untill i know more i shall refer to him (in my head) as bob deer. how odd.
Im not sure that im similar to bob at all, except that i have a sense of humor. but Thinking may have something. Bob reminds me of my brother and grandad, both of whom i look up to imensly. My brother especially makes me feel safe and happy and he IS a laughing joking always happy person.

i have much to mull over, thank you both. x
Old 29-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Zandorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by orli_the_owl
hey Zandorf, no ive never heard of a totum before and you've deffinatly given me somthing to think about.
After much carefull study of the two guys ive realse he resembled bob monkhouse far more than des o connor. So i guess untill i know more i shall refer to him (in my head) as bob deer. how odd.
Im not sure that im similar to bob at all, except that i have a sense of humor. but Thinking may have something. Bob reminds me of my brother and grandad, both of whom i look up to imensly. My brother especially makes me feel safe and happy and he IS a laughing joking always happy person.

i have much to mull over, thank you both. x

It's all about them making themselves known in the way that they feel you will accept, without fear and without giving too much all to quickly. Take it easy and work with it. They obviously realised that you you would accept bob because of the way you can relate it to your brother and grandad.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Master
I did my best to meditate etc, but i couldnt do it, i couldnt get in that place where you cant hear/feel this world.

This is not about your spirit guide question, Orli, but I want to let you know that getting to that place beyond the world is not the real aim of meditation. In fact, holding expectations gets in the way of simply sitting in the silence of being, which reveals your true nature in a variety of ways. This is true meditation.

Xan

Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 PM
dee

Hi Orli, I had a similar thing happen to me last night - I was reading eat, pray, love just before I fell asleep and then I fell into this dream dream, there was a beautiful woman in white with long blonde hair but I couldn't see her face. I heard in a loud voice "Do what YOU want to do" I then felt like she was leading me somewhere and felt like my body was lifting but I was afriad and asked to go back. It took a few moments but I returned to my body, my heart was pounding but I was feeling overwhelming amounts of love. I thanked the person I had seen and said I was sorry I couldn't go with her. It took me a long time to go back to sleep because I felt scared of getting lost in my mind if that makes sense.. Anyway, it's really good to hear from someone who is experiencing these things for the first time also. Look forward to hearing from you again :) Dee.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Master
dee... Here's a simple meditation that will keep you from getting lost in your mind... any time.

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3680

Xan