Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I used to be a militant atheist who was downright cynical about that kind of thing.
You've come a long way, baby! (1960s cigarette ad campaign joke.) Sounds like your mind was blown at some point, that's quite the transformation.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Excellent post. On the bit in bold - would you say you're mostly looking at it from your POV, in terms of finding someone who'll understand and be able to connect with you, or do you also have the desire to understand another, to offer them a connection? Genuinely curious, not trying to second-guess you or anything.

From my observations of people and spending a lot of time by choice in solitude there is a human need to hear people understanding what you say and to feel connected. I am ok alone, but understand other peoples needs.
For example those who do connect with spirit and guides, hearing it from someone on this plane helps reaffirm things aren't in your head and grounds you as some may struggle with ego... can you trust your ego or is your Higher Self sending you messages that are not in line with your growth?

Those awakening are conflicted and self- doubt creeps in so having people around helps, hence light workers but only for a transitory period. What I am trying to convey is that you shouldn't rely on your soul group.
I think the OP feels the need to have like minded people who understand her and many people on this forum do as they cannot find it in their everyday lives. Its human, thats why the twin flame and soulmates category is always packed... I personally don't frequent it.

From my own POV, of course I like to meet like minded people... I even tried by moving to a spiritual community only to find everything I thought it to be was the opposite and have learnt it is not where you are or who you know but how you feel within.
I don't wish to be alone but am (and people don't understand it) currently as I wouldn't be able to do what I am. Many people reach out to me instead and I am glad I can help but also I know why it would be unlikely I would meet anyone who would totally understand me and I accept that. Perhaps I will be proved wrong...? I have met many people who are drawn to me but that does not mean they understand me but they understand what I mean.
Sorry if that sounds confusing...

Froe
Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
From my own POV, of course I like to meet like minded people... I even tried by moving to a spiritual community only to find everything I thought it to be was the opposite and have learnt it is not where you are or who you know but how you feel within.
There is another side to the spiritual family/community question. It doesn't get any easier being around like-minded spiritualists. In a spiritual community, everybody's "spiritual view" is relevant: who's to say which theoretical idea and view is relevant, and which isn't? Which leaves the door open for all sorts of crazy. If you're the type who doesn't function well around spiritualists who have gone off the deep end into la-la land, then it can be an extremely confounding social environment to be in.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
There is another side to the spiritual family/community question. It doesn't get any easier being around like-minded spiritualists. In fact, it's tougher in many ways and here's why: Because everybody's "spiritual view" is relevant - who's to say which theoretical idea and view is relevant, and which isn't? - it leaves the door open for all sorts of crazy. If you're the type who doesn't function well around spiritualists who have gone off the deep end into la-la land, then it can be an extremely confounding social environment to be in.

I agree, but the place I was was also running spiritual workshops from shamanic one to drumming etc and I was working there. One disillusioned guest said I was the only spiritual person there and left early and he had been there before.
Everyone has a different perspective, but as an observer and I don't wish to judge many came because they felt by coming it made them spiritual, however many did the talk only and put nothing into practice so sometimes groups can have negative consequences if you are sensitive and new to the fluctuating energies.
I accept different peoples beliefs and views but they are the ones who struggle to accept others. I am pretty laid back, I don't believe in drumming ( irony) and was invited to join some well known drumming circles but I listened to them and was intrigued and some became friends but it is something I have yet to ascribe any meaning to.
So it can be a catch 22 situation, you may find like minded people and those who can help you or the ones in la la land who can confuse you.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
I accept different peoples beliefs and views but they are the ones who struggle to accept others. I am pretty laid back, I don't believe in drumming ( irony) and was invited to join some well known drumming circles but I listened to them and was intrigued and some became friends but it is something I have yet to ascribe any meaning to.

So it can be a catch 22 situation, you may find like minded people and those who can help you or the ones in la la land who can confuse you.
My observation is some people function in that sort of environment, and others can't. I prefer a grounded, common sense approach to spirituality so I don't do well. And I didn't do well because embracing any and all spiritual perspectives is, in essence, a collective jumping off the ledge together experience.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You've come a long way, baby! (1960s cigarette ad campaign joke.) Sounds like your mind was blown at some point, that's quite the transformation.
I'd say it was a more gradual process, tbh I basically had an existential crisis, felt that life was meaningless, and started to question everything; at some point I realised that there's more to life than meets the eye

Quote:
From my observations of people and spending a lot of time by choice in solitude there is a human need to hear people understanding what you say and to feel connected. I am ok alone, but understand other peoples needs.
For example those who do connect with spirit and guides, hearing it from someone on this plane helps reaffirm things aren't in your head and grounds you as some may struggle with ego... can you trust your ego or is your Higher Self sending you messages that are not in line with your growth?

Those awakening are conflicted and self- doubt creeps in so having people around helps, hence light workers but only for a transitory period. What I am trying to convey is that you shouldn't rely on your soul group.
I think the OP feels the need to have like minded people who understand her and many people on this forum do as they cannot find it in their everyday lives. Its human, thats why the twin flame and soulmates category is always packed... I personally don't frequent it.

I don't wish to be alone but am (and people don't understand it) currently as I wouldn't be able to do what I am. Many people reach out to me instead and I am glad I can help but also I know why it would be unlikely I would meet anyone who would totally understand me and I accept that. Perhaps I will be proved wrong...? I have met many people who are drawn to me but that does not mean they understand me but they understand what I mean.
Sorry if that sounds confusing...

Froe
Oh yeah, I understand the need for connection, especially when you're feeling disillusioned and isolated. I only asked because we do have a tendency to think 'what can I get?' rather than 'what can I give?' but I guess when you're feeling like that, you don't think so much about what you can give to others, you're more focused on self-healing, which makes sense.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Experiencer
Actually, from my experience - or rather shall I say looking at my friend's experience - It wasn't the fact that she joined a group or the fact that she accepted the fact that she may or may not be alone. She never even went by means of a group to find her spiritual family. It was through a series of connections through friends that she found them and it was an instant click for her. They described this as a pack that when they reincarnate they all would reincarnate with each other -meaning- they would all find each other in this life. It's a bond that cant be broken. I understand I might not have that family and I accept that I might go into this spiritual life alone but it cant hurt to try and find some one, right? In fact joining this site was a first step into finding them because it's easier for my parents to not snoop around on my computer whereas going to a group would irritate them. Like I said, I wont go into detail but, yes, joining a yoga class would be a waste of time in their books and unacceptable. With the restraints I have this is all I can do at this time and it is my feeble attempt to find a family unlike my biological family who.