Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-04-2018, 09:29 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
The awakening does not happen at a time when all is perfectly aligned in your life. You will start to feel shifts in the sense that things that normally meant something to you will suddenly feel foreign or hold your interest no longer. This will also occur with people that are in your life as well, some of the people that you may have hung out with will no longer feel as though their priorities, morals or even code of ethics align with the path you are now on. Some hobbies or pastimes you may have enjoyed may now seem as though they are frivilous or nonsensical. Everything is different now to you and your senses. You now start to align with your higher self and there are many things in your orbit so to speak that you will feel the need to shed, they no longer serve you or feel right. It takes time and acceptance because we will have a battle between our ego self and listening to our higher self to know what feels right now in our lives.

This period in an awakening I've always felt was a major adjustment period for any person to accept. As your vibration and frequency starts to rise you will feel a myriad of emotions such as anxiety, fear or even nervousness...this is normal in an awakening. I always used the analogy of a mexican jumping bean during this time frame. Because during this time your outer shell (body) is now first adjusting to the shifts of your inner vibration/frequency which is changing so everything at first is not in an "ebb and flow" and this is what I feel strongly causes the nervousness or anxiety.

What helped me through this period in my own journey was the more spiritual stuff that I would read in books to understand what I was going through actually helped my adjustment through understanding and the ebb and flow I refer to above just came along. Finding a balance in your life, meditation also helps, shedding the old that no longer feels right or serves you, adjusting your thoughts to positive things, and understanding more through books all help you through this period. That nervousness starts to leave or disipate. Then you will find things are changing for you how you feel as well as finding the bliss and peace you are seeking. This is from my own experiences so I hope it can help others who are now on their own journeys.

thanks. did you feel a sense of boredom in your journey? Since you had to shed the old and I guess consequently find new things that fit your vibration?
Old 26-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Experiencer
Not really boredom I would call it as much as there were things I felt no longer meshed with me or the journey I was on. You start to have a very strong sense of right and wrong and there being no gray area in between. Although I've shed many things the biggest one of all I am still battling. A job I onced loved dearly and have worked there for 30+ years went down a path that I never predicted they would. They adopted the corporate mentality most of the working world has and how they started treating the faithful employees they had was just shy of repulsive to me. I am working on this area of my journey right now and I honestly feel as a knowing that my enlightenment will sky rocket even more from where I am right now if I manage to find a way to shed this last one. There was no boredom only adjusting to the shifts I was going through. Each time I made a "correct" choice my angels would let me know through many signs and synchronicities they sent my way that I was progressing and on the right path. It does get better but you need to pay attention to what your higher self tells you is right for you.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Newbie ;)

I had a near death experience last year which connected me to the other side I felt bliss beyond words and did not want to leave. It has been very difficult as this feeling of love have dropped and I dont know how to connect back. I now know what there is in the afterlife. I walked on the beach every day stared at the sunset and felt loved and things felt familiar. My heart charkra was open I felt peace, bliss ad love. I am not being a downer but I know what you are going through. When I do healings on others it effects there lives allot but cannot find a great healer for myself that can get me to the same level. The best advice would be to do things that open and raises your heart energy and work on grounding as well. Pray to God and ask him for help he is very real and does hear us. Good luck I hope I have given you some insight x
Old 04-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Is it normal to feel like its okay to die after having an awakening? I thought it was supposed to be happy and blissful after an awakening? Or does it take time for the awakening to get to the point where you feel blissful and happy?
Sorry about the 'late' response, haven't seen this thread before.

Its pretty common to have a 'negative' period following the awe of an awakening episode. This is especially true if you weren't expecting it. Basically a (false) part of you is ripped away/dissolves into irrelevance (even if the awakening didn't seem to be about you). If one doesn't 'move on' in some fashion one is left in this kind of partial void which leaves them in a despondent state (depressed, maybe not seeing a reason to live). Going back is seldom an option. One way to 're-balance' is to explore the newly uncovered parts of self (previously masked by false image of self).
Old 06-05-2018, 04:43 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Sorry about the 'late' response, haven't seen this thread before.

Its pretty common to have a 'negative' period following the awe of an awakening episode. This is especially true if you weren't expecting it. Basically a (false) part of you is ripped away/dissolves into irrelevance (even if the awakening didn't seem to be about you). If one doesn't 'move on' in some fashion one is left in this kind of partial void which leaves them in a despondent state (depressed, maybe not seeing a reason to live). Going back is seldom an option. One way to 're-balance' is to explore the newly uncovered parts of self (previously masked by false image of self).

This is very well put. I feel this is true also. Thanks :)
Old 06-05-2018, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back from the other side
I... cannot find a great healer for myself that can get me to the same level.
i have the sense that you're your own best healer.
here's something for you to consider:
Infinity Breath Meditation
http://creationislove.com/infinity-breath-meditation/
Old 06-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back from the other side
... but cannot find a great healer for myself that can get me to the same level.
Perhaps the way 'back' to that 'level' is not through healing (you are not 'ill' or 'damaged'). Maybe its more something you need to find (inside).
Old 08-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Lorelyen

A sudden broadening of awareness can be looked on as a death-rebirth experience: out with the old order, in with this new expanded consciousness; and yes, it may bring feelings as you've experienced.

Know that you aren't alone. It may be worth doing a brief study of the meanings behind the Tarot Majors: the Tower (XIV - 16) and Death (XIII - 13) - it doesn't mean you're going to die! rather that transformation will be forced upon you like it or not. Death/rebirth.

The Tarot is a book of wisdom disguised as a deck of cards. all worth studying but that'll take time. Those two cards between them may describe your situation.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Is it normal to feel like its okay to die after having an awakening? I thought it was supposed to be happy and blissful after an awakening? Or does it take time for the awakening to get to the point where you feel blissful and happy?
Feeling like it's OK to die can simply mean you've lost your fear of dying, it just means you don't have that fear any more. Fear of dying or the uncertainty of what happens after death is quite normal, even for Spiritual people sometimes. Awakening is a major shift in your paradigm so you'd leave the fear/uncertainty behind that doesn't belong to your new paradigm.

Awakening is an individual experience, so do yourself a favour and forget the 'supposed to be' bit. Often that gives you expectations and it 'colours' the experience - if your experience doesn't live up to the hype then what? Not feeling blissful and happy will only make you really blissful and unhappy. What I have now is a strong sense of peace that I wouldn't trade for bliss, although the rest is 'business as usual'.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Guide

First off let me say these are my thoughts and opinions only, based on my own experiences.

Is awakening supposed to bring happiness and bliss? I never heard it put that way and I surely never expected that. I was hoping for inner peace, a bit of self-understanding, and less emotional turmoil. I've made progress on all those, but it has taken time and I'm still learning.

I've made peace with the past and death has lost its fear. I know I'll continue after Death and I won't have to deal with this goofy world and all it's convoluted problems and arguments. So I'd say yes, seeing death as okay is very often part of awakening.

Keep in mind that awakening isn't like flipping a light switch. As such, how are we to judge when we've reached it? I feel awakened but have I truly been through the Awakening? Would an outside observer declare me to be awakened? I don't know. I am more than I used to be, less than I will be, and the journey continues...