Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Yes!

...and why that is true: Each new life is actually God breathing.

This is the essence of spirituality, hence the etymology of the word Spirit, aspiration, spiritual etc..

The instrumentality, temporal evolution and experience as individuated beings is important, e.g. the breathing - but is meaningless without recognizing the essence of it, what it really is: Who is breathing in and through us as that experience.

Our conscious surrender to that Truth is the biggest, deepest, most fulfilling and satisfying breath we can take, so why take tiny shallow fearful hesitant defensive breaths?

~ J

I used too, but not now. (In response to your question)

(I was two when I held my breathe to ‘control’ my world. I would faint. My father would turn me upside down and smack me. My siblings would be crying and praying to god to save me. I then became aware to fear holding my breath later on because those around me feared I would die. ‘Coming to’ I was faced with a massive fallout. Fearful, shallow, defensive breaths. Yes. Fear of death. Yes. Fear of fear. Yes. Fear of being upside down. Yes. Fear of god. Yes. Fear of suffering. Yes. Fear of others suffering. Yes. )

I’m glad I’m not breathing as others in me now. ����‍♀️
Old 16-01-2020, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I used too, but not now. (In response to your question)

(I was two when I held my breathe to ‘control’ my world. I would faint. My father would turn me upside down and smack me. My siblings would be crying and praying to god to save me. I then became aware to fear holding my breath later on because those around me feared I would die. ‘Coming to’ I was faced with a massive fallout. Fearful, shallow, defensive breaths. Yes. Fear of death. Yes. Fear of fear. Yes. Fear of being upside down. Yes. Fear of god. Yes. Fear of suffering. Yes. Fear of others suffering. Yes. )
According to Castaneda teacher Don Juan, 'fear' is just the first of four 'enemies' on encounters and must learn/choose to overcome on the way to becomng a 'Man of Knowledge'. A 'young' (meaning as yet not full-fledged) soul's life-experience is quite the trip!

Quote:
I’m glad I’m not breathing as others in me now. ����‍♀️
You attributing your (previous) experience of fear to others? I image-in your holding your breathe was a willful attempt to reject a Life which you 'saw' or 'foresaw' as including things which you didn't 'agree' to. That could just be a projection of mine, however.
Old 16-01-2020, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
According to Castaneda teacher Don Juan, 'fear' is just the first of four 'enemies' on encounters and must learn/choose to overcome on the way to becomng a 'Man of Knowledge'. A 'young' (meaning as yet not full-fledged) soul's life-experience is quite the trip!

You attributing your (previous) experience of fear to others? I image-in your holding your breathe was a willful attempt to reject a Life which you 'saw' or 'foresaw' as including things which you didn't 'agree' to. That could just be a projection of mine, however.

Your on about Don again. I’ve heard what your saying before. Get fully fledged David and you wouldn’t be on repeat, to the same person..at least.

The ‘fall’ and fallout for any child, is what is reflected back in their choices. If it’s a strong emotional reaction, it reinforces and creates a skewed perception of what ‘just is’. A ‘clear’ no your not getting in the bath with your shoes, no reaction when I came too, would not have ‘set’ the scene in my ‘impressionable’ ‘sensitive’ ‘foundational’ years, trying to establish her sense of ‘who am i’ in this world of ten other conditioned humans. So as I chose to try and control my world, it’s the reflections and fear in others that sealed my image in their likeness.

Ten would do it..

So..yes the breath of my life becomes what others couldn’t breath as. The release of others, allows me to breath deep and create my image as my true self..

My wise feminine self is aware and knows this now..

Don sounds like he needs some ‘ realized’ feminine awareness..-become a ‘man of knowledge’ - phooey!
Old 16-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
The release of others, allows me to breath deep and create my image as my true self..
Fulfilling your 'self' by your 'self' seems (to me, that is) to be what your soul's choice is - in this lifetime at least.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Fulfilling your 'self' by your 'self' seems (to me, that is) to be what your soul's choice is - in this lifetime at least.

What do you mean. “Fulfilling your ‘self’ by your self?”

I think you need to make that clearer.

If soul is ‘one’ choice of soul is not just about me and my soul.
Old 17-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
As a co creator of your own reality, you can decide, what you are, when you are.

The present moment tells me/allows me to be a blank slate, where I simply let the potentials of myself come to life as that.

The mind is powerful in that it explores, wants answers to questions it is seeking to become itself.

So why not just be the blank slate?

Everything in creation is a possibility, all possibilities lead to more possibilities.

As a blank canvas you become the canvas of creation, because your the creator, deciding who and what you are in this world of creation.

I don’t feel there is a “who” or “what,” as they imply nomenclature or codification. But I do understand that all we have are words to communicate with here in this forum. I do embrace that we create our own reality, if no more than just in our mind, with our attitude, etc.

My experience is that we are a blank slate. We are all destined to go back into the silence from whence we came. A very thick and rich, overwhelming, silence. Something which I experience in quiet meditation.

Also scientifically, sleep studies have shown that people only dream a small percentage of their entire sleeping period; often called “REM sleep.” The majority of a person’s sleep period is generally spent in a deep state of blank silence. It might be said similar to what one may have experienced in their mother’s womb. I often feel like a lot of people, figuratively speaking, are trying to get back into their mother’s womb.

Silence can teach us a great deal as the so-called “blank state” is not devoid of activity, be it on such a fine level. We call it “blank” because it is devoid of mental activity and the coarseness of human drama. I am of the belief, given my spiritual experiences, that there is no such thing as nothing; nothing is not devoid of anything.

Further, the blank state of silence has such and intricate simplicity that weaves conditions on the surface, conditions that are the impetus of a much deeper nurturance. We may call that nurturance “karma,” or something else, and it plays a crucial role in our own manifestations. We are as the proverbial ice berg with a great deal more below the surface then we see on the surface.

I do feel like most people unconsciously create. We create haphazardly not knowing where things are coming from, when they most notably are coming from us. Most people are not conscious, or aware, of what they are creating. We take a birth with all sorts of potential within a matrix of prior conditioning; prior creations of our own making. Although we can transcend our conditioning.

Having worked in the mental health field I saw how people conditioned themselves, or were conditioned by others, from a very young age. Most took the majority of their life trying to undo that conditioning, and many were not able to undo it before their exit from this life. In my opinion a smooth transition requires letting go of conditioning. What we call “death” is and opportunity to awaken from the dream, but unfortunately for many human life is a nightmare. A nightmare that may be repeated as it usually takes us a long time to learn from ourselves; that is truly the only learning there is. For me the subject has always been “Know Thyself.”
Old 18-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
My experience is that we are a blank slate. We are all destined to go back into the silence from whence we came. A very thick and rich, overwhelming, silence. Something which I experience in quiet meditation.
Yah, but what is it that 'reconstitutes' itself as a 'being' upon re-emerging from such merge-ence, if it is not the gestalt of one's (the ongoing past-into-the-present-into-the-future flow-pattern-vector) soul-being?

One doesn't just start all over again as a 'blank slate' again and again and again, IMO.

IMO, we (not all of us at least ) are not 'destined' to 'go back into silence, except for periodic plug-in soul-battery rechargings. Nothing that is 'alive' can be 'silent' forever, methinks.
Old 18-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Master

The actual blank slate is the brain. It is not designed to remember but experience. An example of this is it is that which does not remember previous lives. This is the only way to gain new experiences instead of remembering or having old memory experience interfere with learning that no longer work or apply. The blank slate is artificial to the soul but not the body I think. I am aware in my own case I have lived life entirely one way now imagine if it would apply to eternity. One would not change. It is in a way letting go which I wish I could do but am tied to my present past.

Last edited by lemex : 19-01-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old 18-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Yah, but what is it that 'reconstitutes' itself as a 'being' upon re-emerging from such merge-ence, if it is not the gestalt of one's (the ongoing past-into-the-present-into-the-future flow-pattern-vector) soul-being?

One doesn't just start all over again as a 'blank slate' again and again and again, IMO.

IMO, we (not all of us at least ) are not 'destined' to 'go back into silence, except for periodic plug-in soul-battery rechargings. Nothing that is 'alive' can be 'silent' forever, methinks.

In my opinion there is no such thing as "what," as what implies a concept, or mental construct. Taoism teaches that
"nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth." In my previous post my first sentence states "I don’t feel
there is a “who” or “what,”...... "What" is a mental label that we put on things in and attempt to place a handle on them
and grasp them, in this so-called physical realm of name and form. We may call something by a name in English, which is
our code for verbal and written communication, but that same thing will be called by another different name in other
languages. So "what" means different things to different people according to their perspective, orientation, and
psycho-linguistics. Language is only a symbolic representation, but words do count, and they can have a polarizing effect
when we hang on to them; the words become more real to us then what they may represent. In my opinion all is one and
the universe uses us as we are capable of being used, according to our conditioning. Individuality is a myth. If I lift you up
I also lift myself up and if I put you down I do the same to me. The human race evolves given the learning curve of the species.

Last edited by Starman : 18-01-2020 at 10:03 PM.