Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-07-2015, 07:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by july14
but on the other hand, its easy to fall and stay in love with a wonderful person. finding and loving the divine element in an otherwise failure of a human being, must be the hardest and most atrocious feeling ever. on a soul level does his ahole 3D reality makes him any less lovable?

You can say that about anyone though, at least once you see the light in yourself you see the light in everyone. You can love who they really are at a 5D level, even if their behaviour is ugly in 3D. I can think of my abusive step-dad in that light from time to time when I focus on it, just seeing the person he truly was, not the pain he went through. And you know, I'd love to know that person. But it will take lots of love and healing on both ends to dissolve the karma, and that's fine too. But at the end of it all I can still love the real person, and he's 'only' a karmic connection. It doesn't require anyone special to experience that with. It's just how you love everyone in 5D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YS1YS2
So,each and every 'tf experience' is a realt one for the person who experiences it.

I love this, it makes you see things in a different light. When people ask "have I met my twin flame" and you think really they've just met their soulmate, you can say, well yeah you met your highest vibrational counterpart for now so you've met someone who is a twin flame to you. Though 4D soulmate love and 5D twin flame love I think is worlds apart in level of intensity and I would really class a twin-flame experience as being something that opens you up to that 5D reality, at the end of the day it's a continuum that we allow ourselves to experience with different soul-connections depending on where we're at. And if you have any type of love, that's all you need really. I loved your example about the younger couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInTheNow
Which makes me think... maybe she is in fact in love with her story, not the guy? Just a theory but maybe for some people it's all about loving the feeling of "perfect love" and some kind of mythical , idealized fantasy of the person and how good it used to be and how it should always be etc etc... but with no real underlying desire to make things happen, so they don't. It's kinda narcisstic in some ways, and sad.

I think this is the case for too many people experiencing the twin-flame phenomena, they are in love with their stories, and their fantasies and projections. And it's only when you hit rock bottom that you can get up and brush yourself off and really see the madness of your behaviour without the rose-tinted glasses on anymore.

And the comment about it being narcissistic is interesting. Never thought of it like that before but if you think about it we've all gone through that stage of self-serving, of seeing nothing but an object. But then when you break through past that you get to true self-love instead which enables us to really see for the first time.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:42 AM
Deactivated Account

I knew about the connection being real long before I heard of the 'Twin Flame' mental concept.. so which is the problem here?

The Concept or the actual thing itself?

I am thinking the concept and those that simply dont know what it is and think its obbession and nothing more. (as in those that are obsessed and call it TF).

Many seem to think TF is simply about romance, though if they are not willing to look beyond the initial impressions, blaming something for being something it isnt, doesnt seem fair.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-à-vis
I would be more concerned about the Kardashian obsession than a few youth struggling to find their true love. Kim K has 37 million followers on instagram. This sub-forum has maybe a few hundred readers at any one time. The world population is approx 7 billion.

I like this. Good point Vis.
Some of this discussion is drawing too tight lines between all these phenomena and labels. Some people on here do have real twin connections where one runs and dates another, sometimes they share their whole story and others know it's temporary. others may not share their whole story as much butr need advice. Wondering if it's 'just obsession' or whatever is part of a real soul connection experience. These things all run into each other with blurry lines as i see it. One shouldn't be so concerned with figuring out if another has put the right label on their connections.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Twin Flames? When did people suddenly become obsessed with them.

Can someone please keep me up to date on the latest spiritual crisis trends

Dionne Warwick ~ Valley of the Dolls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xKkSSKmjbk
Old 03-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
I met a guy 16years ago, when I was a teenager, I had an intense connection with him & he died a few weeks later & for the past 16yrs that is all I have known,

I have kept his photo on my cupboard ever since but never gave it much thought,

Until about a year ago when he started poking & proding me & returned to me in spirit & told me he is my twin flame & spirit guide & has been ever since he died.

i can't speak for anyone else, but that is why I am suddenly obsessed with twin flames as until he advised me he was mine I had never even heard of the term, soul mate sure but twin flame i didn't know.

I will say this though, I think it is unwise for young people or anyone to be obsessed & compare all relationship, as to whether it is a twin flame or not, because I have been told, that not everyone has a twin flame there only a handful of souls that have been split.

And yes many of them are on the earth now to serve humanity. Which is why the term is spoken of so often now, it's very sad though that people may go around searching for a twin flame or wondering if they have found there twin, when they don't even have one.

& for those that do have a twin they may not even be on earth they may be in heaven.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Master
true, true Flameseeker.
yet, for people who want a "meaningful" relationship,
why would they seek any old when there's the possibility
for true union to be experienced? (and getting involved in
something 'lesser' could (seemingly) only serve as a hindrance)
Old 03-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Experiencer

I think a lot of the obsession has to do with the age of the experiencers, to be honest. I can see myself writing these same things about a couple of different people in my 20s. I can even see myself using these romantic labels. Labelling it anything just made it harder, not easier, to deal with.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlumina
I think a lot of the obsession has to do with the age of the experiencers, to be honest. I can see myself writing these same things about a couple of different people in my 20s. I can even see myself using these romantic labels. Labelling it anything just made it harder, not easier, to deal with.
but it's not truly an age thing, it's a maturity issue.
there are wise 8 year olds, and infantile 80 year olds.

i don't believe that maturity requires a loss of innocence however; just saying.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Experiencer
I feel like I should chime in here on this maturity thing. I had a person I was obsessed with throughout my 20s. I mean really, on this very 3D level, I felt certain we would end up together somehow, someway. I met him a few days before I turned 18 and he remained in my life off and on for 11 years. It started with him pouring out his heart to me and me not being ready, only to wake up nearly two years later and realize how strong my feelings were for him. From that point on, he kept me at arm's length, being ambiguous about his feelings and intentions, and honestly toying with me quite a bit, probably as some form of "revenge" for breaking HIS heart.

This connection caused me a lot of inner turmoil as I navigated relationships and hopped between them, being pulled back into my infatuation with this man in between. It seemed every time I dated someone, it was just a distraction. OR, he was the only man in my life that ever trumped all those dummies I dated. We definitely had a connection, we felt it whenever we spoke or saw each other. It was very strong and it made me want to be with him desperately, at times. But even if I had known what a Twin Flame was during those years, and being as obsessive as I was about that man, I think it would have been impossible for me to label him as a Twin Flame.

I hesitated to even say I was in love with him. I knew the feelings endured, but in my mind, the love wasn't real until we really got into the mutual exchange of a relationship, expression of feelings, etc. Throughout those 11 years, I knew that there was always a separateness between me and this man, a division, and inability to fully understand or comprehend each other, or to communicate seamlessly. There was always something about this relationship that did not sit right with me, despite the fact that he was the greatest guy of my life, and thus, I hoped I'd end up with the number one guy, right?

The weirdest thing about that relationship is I got into a freak accident that prompted him to call me on the phone to make sure I was OK. This was a while ago now, but it jump-started us falling back into our relationship. For the first time in 11 years, I felt I had grown enough, and was empowered enough, to tell him fully how I had felt. I sent him a long letter, and I told him everything. I told him I was totally ready to leave it in the past, and that I was going to walk away, and if he couldn't get me to talk to him anymore, well, he would know why. He didn't respond, and I didn't care. Three weeks went by before he phoned me, and we talked for nearly an hour. The feelings were still there, but again, there was that barrier.

I left that conversation in a cloud of confusion, I cried a lot. But to some degree I released, I found peace. My vibration was raised. I was on a new level. Bizarrely, I met my TF a few days after that conversation. It was like the final clearing of a major karmic connection or even false twin flame had to happen before I was ready to meet the person who truly understood me, who felt like an extension of me, and that person who everything finally felt real and right with. The person who helped me feel finally at home.

It's a long story, and I tend to tell long stories, but my point is this: I was that 20-something girl who obsessed over a relationship. But I never would have called that man my Twin Flame. There is no way. None of the descriptions fit. He wasn't that person in my life, though he was a karmic connection. I didn't know what a TF was back then, but I had heard of soul mates, and even that label didn't seem right. I didn't feel compelled to come on a forum and talk about how this man was my soul mate and just needed to "wake up" to it. No, he was a human being and I was a human being, and I realized that the burden was on me to get everything out on the table and clear the air to create some sort of conclusion, I was just too afraid and insecure to have that conversation for 11 years.

If there are young people on this forum who think an infatuation equates to a Twin Flame, I would encourage them to proceed with caution. Even though relationships can feel very very BIG, it is very rare to find a relationship that feels like this, and triggers so much soul growth. I have read dozens of lists about "how you know you have met your twin flame," and I have yet to find anything in those lists that refutes my experience. I usually can't get past the third or fourth item before I am bawling my eyes out for how accurately it describes my experience with TF.

I urge others to analyze their soul connections and make sure they're not giving undue weight to a relationship that is not a TF. It's a lot of unnecessary holding yourself back from life if you get too attached to a relationship that will do you no good. Even if I never speak to TF again, this union continues to urge my spiritual growth, so it is doing me good, no matter what.

Nothing wrong with wanting a meaningful soul connection, but don't paint every person into a Twin Flame-colored corner just because you want it to be divinely significant. A union like this is something you cannot escape.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Guide

Many people are constantly searching for that ''perfect'' true love, without taking into consideration many things...its romanticized. If you have the inclination to become obsessive...even more so. Plus all the childhood issues, attachment issues, etc.

Love is free. It can be found anywhere. Relationships...take work. Its easy to idealize someone, be them Kim K or a twin flame ;)