Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Knower
What even is the New Age movement? lol I got into this "New Age" stuff in Oct. of 2014 but that was because I was on the search for truth. I felt empty and felt that there wasn't really any purpose to this all and was unable to truly see the meaning in the bible (I was a christian believer until I lost hope). Then I started to read up on this "New Age" stuff, chakras and their purposes and functions, meditation (mainly because I lacked focus, concentration and was very far from reality, still kind of am) and vibrations. I've learned a lot in a year but still having a hard time to apply it. Love and Light the strongest forces in life is what I've also learned and that love is the main thing. I'm not really all for this "New Age Movement" because I don't label myself as a part of it. I just want the truth to life; why we are here and how to live life. I feel more hope now than I did when a Xtian yet it hurts to see the state of the world and the state of myself. "If you want to change the world, you have to change yourself first" or however it's quoted :P haha Good luck on your journey.
Old 16-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Master
I see the New Age movement as a collection of the gems from various religions and study's and experience's collected but minus most of the dogma from those institutions that have been around for so long. It's just a consortium of human experiences and Ideas which resonate with people. Much of it seems rooted in Hinduism, but there's also some things that appear to be borrowed and adapted from Paganism, quantum science, and Shamanism among other traditions and studies.

Also on 12/21/12 we entered the Age of Aquarius - thus a new Astrological Age - we'll be in this Age for a long time to come, so I think because this collection of ideas caught fire in the public mind and reached people in a way religions could no longer do and it was birthed close to the New incoming Age of Aquarius it got nick-named that.
Old 16-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I see the New Age movement as a collection of the gems from various religions and study's and experience's collected but minus most of the dogma from those institutions that have been around for so long. It's just a consortium of human experiences and Ideas which resonate with people. Much of it seems rooted in Hinduism, but there's also some things that appear to be borrowed and adapted from Paganism, quantum science, and Shamanism among other traditions and studies.

Also on 12/21/12 we entered the Age of Aquarius - thus a new Astrological Age - we'll be in this Age for a long time to come, so I think because this collection of ideas caught fire in the public mind and reached people in a way religions could no longer do and it was birthed close to the New incoming Age of Aquarius it got nick-named that.

Thanks, CrystalSong :)
Old 16-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Master
I love it all new age, old age ,its all had tremendous value in my spiritual development ,combining Jesus with chakra awareness and feeling the holy spirit within me is phenomenal, everyday i am exxpanding in love and learning ,and Thankyou God for things like crystals and tarot cards ,in which there are so much beauty and grace, its all still so wonderful and beautiful and mysterious but evermore real ...
Old 16-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
I love it all new age, old age ,its all had tremendous value in my spiritual development ,combining Jesus with chakra awareness and feeling the holy spirit within me is phenomenal, everyday i am exxpanding in love and learning ,and Thankyou God for things like crystals and tarot cards ,in which there are so much beauty and grace, its all still so wonderful and beautiful and mysterious but evermore real ...

It does have its bright sides too :) It gave me a framework to work off when I had nothing, and it explained my guide neatly, so that his sudden presence frightened me less. Crystals are super helpful! I used to think the crystal lore stuff was nonsense but then someone I barely knew kindly gave me an obsidian egg and WOW. I treasure it, it's been so helpful in breaking down negative feelings.

I have a hunk of celestite on my desk too, which is wonderful stuff for meditation if you work with angels (or just nice regardless!) It's like a direct line to good feelings.

The new age can be very healing too.
Old 16-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
I'm done with the new age movement. It was fine when I still enjoyed mentally examining life, spirit and morality ad infinitum searching for truth but not anymore.

The downside to the new age is the consensus of belief can make it very hard for people to believe in their right to become enlightened ALL ON THEIR OWN. No angels, channels, psychics, spiritual practises, "raising of vibration" or beliefs in Gods involved!

So many contradictions in the new age community, and no centralisation. People are basically making their own God, their own religion - which is fine, but then they go and argue about who's right! Ugh. Exhausting. I did it too, and I'm relieved to say it was just a learning phase and I can no longer be bothered.

I've said it (and practised it long before I came to this site or encountered new age philosophy) - the only thing you need to become enlightened, is meditation. That's it. Nothing else.

Enlightenment states are very easy. Half the stuff the New Age philosophy puts in your mind is just overcomplication and actually an obstacle to achieving self awareness.

Just my random pre-christmas 2 pence.

For me i just stick with feeling my way. Instead of from the head i do it from the heart. The benefit is that there isnt much if anything to figure out. I just continually open myself up more and more to deeper connection to spirit. As this happens its very easy to identify and measure. Cause i become more and more dissolved into the causeless joy of the spirit. It becomes every square inch of my being. And then becomes deeper and stronger. Its felt and all about feeling my way further into it. There is nothing much to discuss or debate about. And you wouldnt care anyways cause you become to drunk in your own beingness for it to matter. Lol. And if you do debate or whatever about it. Its not like anything can be taken away from you. Lol. Cause no matter whats on your mind the joy is there anyways.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Master
running your so there ,lucky you , Ill catch up though lol,

Holly Thanks for that post its been instrumental in my crystal choice today ,i started thinking selenite as id been hearing a bit about it lately then when i googled it ,i felt quite overwhelmed, then i remembered from the physic fair that a crystal healer told me my crystal was elestial quartz ,felt all over body good on that one ,the celestial or candle quartz i think would be very beneficial for me also , Thanks mate
Old 17-12-2015, 12:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
running your so there ,lucky you , Ill catch up though lol,

Holly Thanks for that post its been instrumental in my crystal choice today ,i started thinking selenite as id been hearing a bit about it lately then when i googled it ,i felt quite overwhelmed, then i remembered from the physic fair that a crystal healer told me my crystal was elestial quartz ,felt all over body good on that one ,the celestial or candle quartz i think would be very beneficial for me also , Thanks mate

Im sure you will catch up and quickly to!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Experiencer

The new age of Awakening I'm interested in starts this Thursday. All those stories we've heard of the Force - it was true, all of it.
Old 17-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Master
Hi engellstein have to ask any more info on what you speaking of or are you talking about the new Star wars movie,lol ,man i saw some beautiful celestial images last night....