Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Master
Nonsense

I considered, everything that's presented as spiritually insightful is really a lot of nonsense. In my case, I've known that I speak nonsense for a long time, so have no qualms about doing so.

To say something wise, just make things up as you go along, but don't speak emphatically; remain highly ambiguous. When others can't quite understand exactly what you mean and are forced to create meaning for themselves, they will attribute it to being begifted of your wisdom.

To be highly spiritual,
make sure that you write in poetic form.
Presenting your nonsense in this way
leaves the impression that you are evolved,
but don't emphatically state anything;
make sure it has no discernible meaning
or people will see through the parade
and recognise that it's nonsense

Don't use too much regular language. Use terns like 'energies' or 'vibrations' etc. Example, if you simply don't like someone, that's terribly unspiritual, so instead say some nonsense like, 'their negative vibrations drain my energies'.

OH.. and when you have a good idea, say it came from higher self, like, 'I asked my higher self and was told...'
Another good trick is use appropriate emoticons such as:

Most importantly of all, use a spiritual parting like 'in love and light' or 'namaste', for example, 'Hugs' is pretty good too.

If you use these tips, people will think that you are saying something quite profound and won't even notice that it's all a lot on nonsense.

God bless your cotton socks.

Gem
Old 28-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Guide
You create your own reality. or you can fake it while living in a different reality. However you think of it, it will always catch up with you. If being spiritual is not who you are then why bother. Perhaps just being fake is what pleases you, then, well, whatever floats your boat mate. Some of us actually develop certain skills and abilities, to help us pick up on people that are sincere vs fake people.

I hope your reality works out for you in whatever form or shape you create it.
Good luck with that.
Old 28-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
You create your own reality. or you can fake it while living in a different reality. However you think of it, it will always catch up with you. If being spiritual is not who you are then why bother. Perhaps just being fake is what pleases you, then, well, whatever floats your boat mate. Some of us actually develop certain skills and abilities, to help us pick up on people that are sincere vs fake people.

I hope your reality works out for you in whatever form or shape you create it.
Good luck with that.

It's not real; it's an act, and here's why.

You start the post with a bunch of spiritual truisms so as to establish a kind of consensus which fortifies the power position, and then, assign the negative 'fake' to me so as to diminish my position. Immediately following that is the dismissive 'whatever floats your boat, mate', rendering me irrelevant. Following that it's 'us (meaning you)who have skills and abilities that pick up on fake' which is intended to reassert your position while validating the previous assertion that diminishes mine. It concludes with an insincere gesture which is presented as nice, 'I hope your 'reality' works out' and then 'good luck with that, mate', but those platitudes are entirely incongruent with the overall tone of the post.

Your actual meaning wouldn't sound spiritual so it had to be dressed up in nonsense, said things that aren't meant literally and dangled a couple of spiritual phrases off it, so no worries - you still look pretty spiritual and I get the message anyway. Worked out beautifully.

I told you this stuff works.
Old 28-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Master
People might not understand it, but this is just a form of humour. It's merely an opportunity to lighten up and have a bit of a laugh at ourselves, so here's a video that might lighten the load of taking yourselves so sewiously.

How to be Ultra-Spiritual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDso5ElFRg
Old 28-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Guide

Yeah, u got a point. There is a lot of dwelling in nonsense in so called spiritual stuff just to escape ones true colours. In a way its passive aggressiveness. Which is in my view one of the most harmfull attitudes to have.
Because it allows to blow holes and cover up those holes with whatever and then saying there isnt a hole, ur crazy and whatnot and im a saint.
Old 28-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Guide
Yes there is alot of nonsense in the spiritual communities.
Often it is easy to see and provides some chuckles. But it does become sad when you see people who fervently believe the nonsense as truth, and will argue it beyond it's worth. That makes me sad for them.
Old 28-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
People might not understand it, but this is just a form of humour. It's merely an opportunity to lighten up and have a bit of a laugh at ourselves, so here's a video that might lighten the load of taking yourselves so sewiously.

How to be Ultra-Spiritual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDso5ElFRg

funny indeed. "Im free... gotta few bucks?" haha.
Old 28-02-2015, 01:51 PM
TaoSandwich

Gem,

A lot of this rings true and that video was a riot! It is fairly amusing and meta (not metta ) when people's "spirituality" becomes a way to strengthen the ego... in fact, in Ch'an Buddhism, the precursor to Zen, this is called the most dangerous trap to fall into, because you can be deluded that you are on the right path, yet using the very "path" you are on to stifle your development.

That said, I wouldn't be too rough with people using words like "energy" in certain cases, because when you experience something, for example, during meditation, it is hard to describe what you are feeling... so, although I tend not to use the word TOO much outside of a scientific context (unless, of course, someone else refers to something as energy... then I go along with their word, since that is how they understand it), "energy" is as good of a metaphor as any to describe the flow of sensations, perception and emotion. That said, using them to sound wise instead of simply describe something is inexcusable.

-TaoSandwich
Old 28-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You start the post with a bunch of spiritual truisms so as to establish a kind of consensus which fortifies the power position, and then, assign the negative 'fake' to me so as to diminish my position. Immediately following that is the dismissive 'whatever floats your boat, mate', rendering me irrelevant.

Or maybe that's just your problem and has nothing to do with anyone else at all.
Old 28-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Or maybe that's just your problem and has nothing to do with anyone else at all.

I understood the post accurately enough, even though the meaning was implicit, as I am familiar with the communication style which is quite common in Australia, and clearly, the aggrandising pertained to the poster and the diminishing and dismissal applied to yours truly, but I don't find it problematic. Now your post uses the word 'maybe', but it to asserts that I have a problem... which is nonsense.