Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
What I envy that religion seems to create for its followers is community. It is lonely out here when you break away from the heard.

I also appreciate religion for those people who engage it seriously as a path of transformation, seeking to better themselves. It is a slow path, but it is still a path. I can't knock religion when people engage it for self-development. I can knock it for causing people to feel too comfortable with their reflected and parroted understanding. The fuel to go beyond our current understanding comes from its failure to cope with existence. In that sense, the community generated and everyone parroting the same beliefs at each other helps make for a comfortable sleep.

well there is two sides of that. the heard also gets broken up because of religion too. lol.

interestingly since you mention community - i read an article the other day that suggested religion was actually the cause of civilisation. they found a temple that suggested that hunter gatherers had built as one of the first structures.

personally i think i will stick to thinking farming was the casue of civilsation as its far more practical.

nice hat
Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
do you know another conciousness that isn't "Earthly" then? lol.
The Consciousness or God Mind that's responsible for the creation... how about that for starters? What do you think we're tapping into when we meditate, or when we have a divine inspiration? What do you think is the consciousness source that's responsible for the daily miracles, both small and large, we encounter in life?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Maiya

Quote:
i see wht you are saying although i think its doing a diservice to say that religious types are not spiritual types also.

where i stand on spirituality is that no matter how you approach your life - that it is spiritual.

i think we forget that spirituality is also in things like war - there is a spirituality involved with the physical life - whether its love or hate, peace or war - its all spiritual and the approach we take to these things is spirituality - because it involved us.

we tend to find a belief system that fits with out individual personalities - so religious types there is nothing wrong with that its no less spiritual than someone that doesnt believe in any god as the spirituality is directed towards other things.

I’m enjoying your posts. But just to keep us on the same page, I never said religious types were not spiritual. I think we all are. It’s just that some of us are more aware and more accepting of that fact.

You keep posting and I’ll keep reading.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Docha

*pokes eagle with a stick*

When did we grow up?! Lol Great post. Either we have rubbed off on eachother, or the apocalypse is upon us...

I have nothing of value to add lol
Old 07-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
personally i think i will stick to thinking farming was the casue of civilsation as its far more practical.
Blame the Sumerians' Annunaki for civilisation and religion, they started it:-) It wouldn't surprise me though if the first temple was built by hunter/gatherers considering they would want to grow and catch more to feed themselves and their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiya
I think we all are. It’s just that some of us are more aware and more accepting of that fact.

Or some have this concept that they are more Spiritual because they meditate or try to be like the gurus. I think we are all Spiritual after own own fashion, perhaps the big test is seeing the Spirituality where there is none immediately apparent.

Spiritual or religious, find Spirituality in your religion or follow your Spirituality religiously. Be neither Spiritual nor religious. Follow the herd or walk your own Path. What are the differences? Only the ones we choose to make.

If we are Spirit on a human Journey, how much more Spiritual can you get regardless of what you think of Spirituality or religion? We resonate at this 3D frequency or however else you describe it to learn the lessons/gain experience/whatever else. Isn't that a practical side to our Spirituality? If 'We Are One' and we argue over who is more Spiritual than the other, doesn't that perpetuate Separation? And isn't Separation supposed to be a bad thing?

Is it just me, or are there just too many contradictions being created when really there are none?
Old 07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The Consciousness or God Mind that's responsible for the creation... how about that for starters?

well to be honest i concede the point - as i believe that the universe is concious at a basic level and that it is responsible for creating the universe in the first place - but that is still technically an "Earthly conciousness" as the Earth is part of phsycial reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
What do you think we're tapping into when we meditate, or when we have a divine inspiration? What do you think is the consciousness source that's responsible for the daily miracles, both small and large, we encounter in life?

the quick answer for the above from my beliefs would be - self and us. the link may explain my viewpoint a bit more.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=21323

perhaps you would like to describe a miracle you mention?
Old 07-09-2011, 12:08 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
*pokes eagle with a stick*

When did we grow up?! Lol Great post. Either we have rubbed off on eachother, or the apocalypse is upon us...

i have never "rubbed off" on you thank you very much! i am married my dear! lol

apocalypse pah! bring it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
I have nothing of value to add lol

life in general - or just for this thread???

hugs lol
Old 07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiya
I’m enjoying your posts. But just to keep us on the same page, I never said religious types were not spiritual. I think we all are. It’s just that some of us are more aware and more accepting of that fact.

You keep posting and I’ll keep reading.

you are right - i apologise.

i dont think some are more "aware" though. perhaps a langauge game again - i view it as we have the same awareness but direct our thoughts along paths that lead different places. you cant be fully aware of the other places unless you are there.

if that makes sense. lol.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
i see wht you are saying although i think its doing a diservice to say that religious types are not spiritual types also.

where i stand on spirituality is that no matter how you approach your life - that it is spiritual.

i think we forget that spirituality is also in things like war - there is a spirituality involved with the physical life - whether its love or hate, peace or war - its all spiritual and the approach we take to these things is spirituality - because it involved us.

we tend to find a belief system that fits with out individual personalities - so religious types there is nothing wrong with that its no less spiritual than someone that doesnt believe in any god as the spirituality is directed towards other things.

Very nice.........I enjoyed that!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
but that is still technically an "Earthly conciousness" as the Earth is part of phsycial reality.
Ha-ha! I was wondering if you were going to come back with that. Of course, everything is interrelated, and human consciousness is part of that everything. On the other hand, from a hermetic perspective, there's truth in every opposite idea. So it's just as correct to say when we meditate, we tap into energy and consciousness that is uniquely different than human or earthly consciousness. I certainly don't have the consciousness to pull off creation, do you? So there you go: regardless of whether one cares to recognize other forms of consciousness, the fact is there IS something related to "higher" forms of consciousness, awareness and creative action. And sleepy mortals like myself and everyone else on this forum are simply not there yet.