Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb Why are we often told to forget Religion?

Hey there everyone,

I've been a bit confused and unsure lately. Sometimes when browsing the internet for wisdom, I find spiritually awakened people that talk about religion. More often than not, a lot of them say "forget what you have learned or know about religion." ... and then mention God about 5 seconds later as the one you should devote yourself to. I understand that the concept of our understanding of religion and God do not necessarily have to go hand in hand. An all-knowing and mighty consciousness that is the "source" or "God" is perfectly capable of existing and creation outside of the laws and rules of a book.
I do think all religion teaches many of the core principles for peaceful living...
Don't steal, don't lie, don't kill... All good and fine, I understand those are necessary and important things to convey to mankind.

But is it really okay to abandon everything I know about religion according to these spiritually enlightened people? (The word "old programming" comes up a lot). Has religion really become such a broken/skewed or even false thing? Or is it that the "usefulness" of this wisdom has reached an end in this time of spiritual awakenings and mindfulness?

I'm really confused about this..
Thank you for your time and insight in advance, everyone!
Old 06-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Pathfinder

That question can only be answered by those who tell you.

One could just as well say "steal, lie, kill..." All bad and evil, I understand those are necessary and important things to convey to mankind.

Good and evil are a consequence of complicated thought, it cannot exist beyond. Without complicated thought we are the moment that is and uses dark and white as it sees fit. And the strongest will prevail...

It is okay to abandon everything you know about religion if you are convinced it is. Religion has become broken/skewed or even a false thing if you are convinced it is. The "usefulness" of this wisdom has reached an end in this time of spiritual awakenings and mindfulness if you are convinced it has.

Confusion exists in complicated thought.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Suspended
Guide
Religion is manmade. I think theyre really as saying "follow your heart, which is like your compass to god"
Old 06-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Newbie ;)

bump.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Administrator
I am a spiritualist I follow my own heart and walk my own path. I don't follow any religion that talks about god.
I believe in following your own heart listening to your instincts

Namaste
Old 06-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Master

I call myself spiritual not religious. One can believe in God,a soul, and an after life , but not buy the main stream belief systems.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Master
Hello,

I used to go to church every Sunday and study the bible. At one point I realized that the lessons kept repeating and I wanted to learn more but I couldn't in that environment so I stopped going to church.

Shortly after that, I started meditating and thinking what to do next. It was revealed to me that I out grew what the church had to offer so I had to take a leap of faith and follow my heart.

I didn't abandon what I learned during my time at church or the scriptures which I sometimes review. I considered church to be a well used stepping stone.

Now I'm on a new path, without religion, and am most happy that I took that leap.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Experiencer

I've heard of a preacher tell someone to leave their church and come to his as their previous church is wrong and he's right.

A lot of times I've heard preachers say something to the effect of , "Well you don't have to abide by ,you can ignore rebel against it or reject it (it can be any number of issues) , but you are dishonoring and disrespecting God. Rejecting God is what you are doing."

One particular time this was said in question of whether or not a woman should pursue a career. As far as I know there is nothing specific in the bible that makes this claim that by pursuing a career women are dishonoring God.

I'm certainly not a bible scholar or an expert on the bible but I don't recall seeing or reading anything that specifically says that a woman shouldn't have a career or seen anything that bans it outright because if there was I'm sure this pastor would have the bible verse to quote from it.

Telling someone that they are dishonoring and showing disrespect to God had been used to promote a certain issues or to keep people in line.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Good posts!!!! Too many good things to comment on them all, love you guys.
This is why I would tell you to leave organized religion...hmm, where to start!
Religions are not all that bad, as you said and know from experience.
Kindergarten is not all that bad either, neither is 9th grade...in fact they
are PERFECT as a stepping stone to college and beyond...but you wouldn't want to stay in 9th grade.

Religions, mostly, keep people's minds in a box....and God outside that box.
They can be dogmatic and rigid, like a club...if you don't believe exactly what someone else believes, you can be booted out, also.
Not really nice places...they are if you believe what they do, tho. Very social, nice places.

Following your heart as said above leads you to expanding your awareness...
Why? Because the heart (soul) knows what it really wants...it doesn't really want a Sunday route ceremony, rituals
and just being good and kind to your neighbor and loving God.

Why? Because it is limiting you... because to love God (or anything) you must know that thing.
Not read about 'it', hear someone preach from someone else's exp from 1000s of yrs ago.

Doing good and going to a religious church will not teach you how to know God personally...up-close...intimately as
we were made to do, as we are able to do...as we're destined to do.

So, the search begins...inside...the Journey within...where all the answers and knowledge
and love and power and wisdom are...with no limitations...
no concepts of a Being that is outside yourself
with a punishing Nature that created an eternal hell and condemns gays, had to
place that preposterous judgment in.

Listen to the words Jesus said (or Krishna or Guru Nanak or whomever since I can't assume you mean Christian religions.)
take the highlights...Give him your burdens, Seek the Kingdom of God or Heaven first...
Do not worry....Paul: Focus on the things above....the basics.
Krishna: Perceive me in every thought.
(Just examples)

Forget dogmas, rituals, other's interpretations....contemplate within on What is Heaven, how do I seek it?
What would it be like not to worry, since Jesus and Paul said not to...why did they say that?
Find the answers inside...and practice what these 2 said...J and P.

My input off the top of my head.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Deactivated Account
I would add this to the previous comments:

You should not "Forget" the religion entirely. Just take a time off, from the religion (and from the world you knew till now).
(obviously taking time off is not meant to change your behavior towards the Negative or Unwanted.)

Like Jesus and his "Trip to the Desert".

He had to go, to get some kind of understanding.
See, when you are in one place, seeing all the people following their thoughts/beliefs, you will rarely have a chance to experience any real contrast.

So while his Trip, he has recognized exactly what the devil was, and how it is building up, if he would yield to it.

And it is the same with the Religion, at some point the religion may start running in the circles so a breakout is needed (from these circular thoughts).
And this you can only do if you "Forget" about it, but only to "RETURN" later, so you can teach others.

Thanks to Jesus, who took this trip into wilderness for us, you can go with him, without actually needing to go there, and learn what he has learned.