Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn68
sorry.didnt even read it.irrelevent.oops sorry ive been trying to resist the urge to reply.sorry if it caused offense.but agreed loralyn.as usual.far too serious for the likes of me....dammit there i went offending someone yet again.sorry again.in the immortal words of rake(aussie tv drama) 'sorry but im knee deep in penises again'
I'm not offended either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do appreciate it if ppl don't ridicule something because they have another view.
I'm sharing things that can help people who are interested and need it. If it is too serious for you, then don't take the mickey, and you can of course also just skip the topic and find something else that does suit you.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdm1
Thanks for bringing this article to our attention. I had not read it before. This is one of the best articles of hers I have read and it really made sense.

I'm going to try some of her ideas on creative imagery to see if it can help my negative thinking I slip into.
You'r welcome.
Hope it helps you!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Glad you like it.
It does get easier to get to a place of feeling good with time and practice. But I still find it difficult to hold on to it all of the time. It's so easy to slip into doom scenarios again. I'm also not sure what the reptilian brain's role is in inner child traumas.
In any case, working with these exercises to reprogram the reptilian brain may be what I need right now :)

In the case of childhood traumas, I think it all goes back to the idea of nature vs nurture. The argument is, what affects our development more? Nature (our repitilian brain) or nurture (the care we receive from our parents and caregivers and how we are conditioned based on exposure, experience, and learning from our environment.

As innate as the ego may be, it still requires development. It’s human nature, by and large, to think in terms of survival. If you look at Erik Erikson’s Stages of Development, our environment plays a crucial role in our interpration of the world around us and how we respond accordingly. Each positive interaction we have is a confirmation that a survival mentality isn’t necessary for everyday life. After all it is these interactions that allow us to develop our trust, autonomy, initiative, etc. If interactions are not positive, our self image becomes distorted and we have to rely more on our “reptilian brain” for safety and comfort.

I can’t say that one plays more of a role than the other. Really, it’s specific to each person and his/her individual experiences. Clearly, we are all physiologically the same at birth, it’s just a matter of how our conditioning plays a role later in life.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Eh? Who have you offended?
(No use looking at me. I'm the most unoffendable person in the world (at least, down on this zero-D world.) I'm of this belief that short of a physical violation people should be allowed their individuality; to express themselves freely, while I still have to act the diplomat, knowing that this freedom isn't everyone's.)

Not sure about your "resist the urge to reply", that is your prerogative... (just checking I spelled that right - didn't want to say "purgative" which need is a bit on my mind after last evening! Hangover's aren't nice, especially hanging over your 5D parapet!)

Still, I'm going a bit off topic here... There's an iguana knocking at the door. Could be the postman.

Edit: As an article it doesn't apply to me.....it makes one big assumption - that I have a brain....
its fine.from my latest understanding(and as always i could be wrong i aint god quite yet)i was jarring someones emotions.and as we have worked through this privately we discovered that when she went through her twin process she was the runner.and as im the chaser obviously she was finding my energies somewhat uncomfortable.which of course would tend to confirm that BOTH of us are really in the twin flame journey (actually dance would be a better word) and not some 2.99 special.of course i wouldnt presume to speak for her thoughts,but its definitely resonating true from my perspective.must do a merkaba or kebab or whatever the hell it is im sposed to do if i ever listen to the serious ones.which i wont.otherwise how could i possibly know for sure?not sure about iguanas,im thinking in terms of basilisk,i mean them fekkas can walk on water for christs sake.how much more christian could that be?and yes this 5d parapet is a wierd place to be for sure.yesterday i musta got within 20 yards of 3 different bears and it was incredible.all they were doing was getting salmon out the river and i spoke to all 3 and they werent interested in hassling the likes of me(and 2 of them were BIG).but they all respected my sacred space as did i theirs.my personal expertise if you like is completely about spirit animals.ive been working in and around them for like 30 odd years.all that other jargon i havent the first clue about.and dont give a s**t neither.spirit has always communicated with me and through me via the animal kingdom,its a 2 way thing,and we will continue together.freck the kebab it means nothing to me.and omg she looked soooo radiant as she drove past me when i was watching on the bridge,we waved at each other once again as i set her free yet again.happier than ive seen her in a looong time.we just KNOW.....reckon that either she is reading return of the bird tribes or the message twin flame managed to get to her and she checked into it.and it made sense.(or even both)will prob find out when we actually share words again.and happy twin flame day to all.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I'm not offended either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do appreciate it if ppl don't ridicule something because they have another view.
I'm sharing things that can help people who are interested and need it. If it is too serious for you, then don't take the mickey, and you can of course also just skip the topic and find something else that does suit you.
good to hear.take a look at my last post if ur curious-no point saying it twice hey.but thx for the kind words.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am
In the case of childhood traumas, I think it all goes back to the idea of nature vs nurture. The argument is, what affects our development more? Nature (our repitilian brain) or nurture (the care we receive from our parents and caregivers and how we are conditioned based on exposure, experience, and learning from our environment.

As innate as the ego may be, it still requires development. It’s human nature, by and large, to think in terms of survival. If you look at Erik Erikson’s Stages of Development, our environment plays a crucial role in our interpration of the world around us and how we respond accordingly. Each positive interaction we have is a confirmation that a survival mentality isn’t necessary for everyday life. After all it is these interactions that allow us to develop our trust, autonomy, initiative, etc. If interactions are not positive, our self image becomes distorted and we have to rely more on our “reptilian brain” for safety and comfort.

I can’t say that one plays more of a role than the other. Really, it’s specific to each person and his/her individual experiences. Clearly, we are all physiologically the same at birth, it’s just a matter of how our conditioning plays a role later in life.
Thank you! I think you nailed it here!
Old 11-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
good to hear.take a look at my last post if ur curious-no point saying it twice hey.but thx for the kind words.
Didn't mean to offend you. I was just being honest, no ill feelings.
I'll try to read that post later on. Just being open and honest, I find it very difficult to read posts without punctuation and/or paragraphs But I'll try.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Didn't mean to offend you. I was just being honest, no ill feelings.
I'll try to read that post later on. Just being open and honest, I find it very difficult to read posts without punctuation and/or paragraphs But I'll try.
sorry im bad at that stuff.just trying to tell the story.....
Old 11-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
sorry im bad at that stuff.just trying to tell the story.....

The message is clear enough... after it's tumbled down to earth from the floating island of 5D-land. The lighter-weight punctuation probably floated off in the wind.

I've toned it down in deference to FairyCrystal (of whom I ask forgiveness) as in the final analysis the article could be helpful to people who don't think that way and may wonder why their relational efforts seem thwarted. I try to remember that because I seem to have few emotional problems having achieved some balance in that department, that others may not have the same equilibrium...yet. So anything that can help them along has to be positive.

I read your post (above the one I'm quoting) and if a dialogue led to convergence, if hands are shaken, it surely can't offend?
Old 11-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The message is clear enough... after it's tumbled down to earth from the floating island of 5D-land. The lighter-weight punctuation probably floated off in the wind.

I've toned it down in deference to FairyCrystal (of whom I ask forgiveness) as in the final analysis the article could be helpful to people who don't think that way and may wonder why their relational efforts seem thwarted. I try to remember that because I seem to have few emotional problems having achieved some balance in that department, that others may not have the same equilibrium...yet. So anything that can help them along has to be positive.

I read your post (above the one I'm quoting) and if a dialogue led to convergence, if hands are shaken, it surely can't offend?
sometimes things words etc shake us up.and if others arent able yet to think in this way then i see no harm in sharing these words anyway.so we can ALL become in our own time.there is no judgement.there is no holier than thou type thing going on.