Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 01-05-2017, 05:28 AM
Master
Virgo Problems

Why is it so hard to actually love and accept myself ? I have always struggled with low self-esteem and thinking I wasn't beautiful enough.I was raised by two Fire sign parents a Sagittarius mother and a Aries father.(it wasn't a walk in the park). My mom believes I shouldn't have low self esteem because I look like her I'm not confident like she is though. I know not every born Virgo isn't like this, personally I find August born Virgos to be more confident. Out of the Zodiac signs I just feel that it effects us more.
The opposite signs complement the other, provides what the other lacks, pushes the other, make a great team. Opposite signs also get into disagreements. They have similar personality traits and some dissimilar traits.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Master
Virgo internalizes everything. Some people are just sensitive but typically virgo is torn somewhere between logic and emotions. There is a discernment about them. It's about the nerves and is a mutable sign, it breaks down and processes, which might cause nervousness. The best way is to channel yourself into productivity. Virgo is more concerned about being productive than being in the spotlight. When you try to do something productive the nervous energies will not affect you.
It can be hard being with a fire sign, because they are fiery types. Virgo is not fiery, initiatory or impulsive. Virgo is likely to be of service of some kind and is more sensible. How can you work on something and at the same time be productive in a way that will benefit others as well. Virgo does not do for the sake of doing only. It is intellectual. It can be more collected and internalized than a fire sign. Being productive in what you do might ease the worry for you.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Deactivated Account

Virgos are a very down to earth and grounded. Unlike the Capris and Taurus Earth sign though, I do find Virgo to be really sensitive. They have huge hearts. I find the men to be brilliant, but on the flip side, lots of emotional insecurities. My advice as an Earth elemental, don't force or push yourself to be something your not. Accept yourself just the way you are : ) My mother and sister were both Fire signs, very flashy and loved being center of attention. They would sometimes encourage me to be more outgoing and I feel that created more of an insecurity for me. I think I did fine going my own individual route and pace, being low key, and heightening my own strengths which were being more productive, work oriented and athletic... that is where I 'shined'

Anywho, I am raising a Virgo boy, and he has a huge heart. He's very intelligent, and I love his witty non nonchalant attitude, hes going to be a good grounded friend to many some day. He was being bullied at school by an adorable little snot who had a crush on him, and no wonder she bullied him, he wouldn't open up ( LOL). I think that is what scares me as a mother that he doesn't open up, keeps his feelings internal. I don't want him to be bullied when he is older so I put him Karate classes just in case he he he
Old 01-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Spirit
Virgos are a very down to earth and grounded. Unlike the Capris and Taurus Earth sign though, I do find Virgo to be really sensitive. They have huge hearts. I find the men to be brilliant, but on the flip side, lots of emotional insecurities. My advice as an Earth elemental, don't force or push yourself to be something your not. Accept yourself just the way you are : ) My mother and sister were both Fire signs, very flashy and loved being center of attention. They would sometimes encourage me to be more outgoing and I feel that created more of an insecurity for me. I think I did fine going my own individual route and pace, being low key, and heightening my own strengths which were being more productive, work oriented and athletic... that is where I 'shined'

Anywho, I am raising a Virgo boy, and he has a huge heart. He's very intelligent, and I love his witty non nonchalant attitude, hes going to be a good grounded friend to many some day. He was being bullied at school by an adorable little snot who had a crush on him, and no wonder she bullied him, he wouldn't open up ( LOL). I think that is what scares me as a mother that he doesn't open up, keeps his feelings internal. I don't want him to be bullied when he is older so I put him Karate classes just in case he he he
I believe out of three Earth signs (Capricorn and Taurus) Virgos are more sensitive. I know artist like Michael Jackson was sensitive to his father's and relatives teasing of his nose. I guess seeing the beauty within me doesn't come easy because I compare myself to others . Virgos have strong attributes too it's just that we constantly have these shreads of self doubts that's holding me back from my potential. Your son sounds like a great kid and I think taking Karate classes will definitely help him I wish you all the best.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
They have huge hearts. I find the men to be brilliant, but on the flip side, lots of emotional insecurities
@ Fox spirit well said. They have a broader view of the world. Very forgiving and will not hold grudges against others for long. I do not mind their self effacing tendencies. It is a deep psychological need to notice every fine detail around them and that makes them conscious of their own thoughts and emotions. If they are focused on something where they are able to work with people and be in service of others, they become excellent communicators, inventors too. They have a lot of ingenuity. While most others hold grudges, it is usually a virgo that surprises me with broad mindedness. It is an earth sign so they are practical, that is when they channel the excess nervous energy they are more grounded and feel more confident when they are productive and using their discerning skills with others. It does not have to be a virgo man with emotional insecurities, I know of some confident virgo people in my life, because they are in service of some kind and their logic, discerning gifts are being put in use. Very humble, as long as people do not push their buttons, they couldn't care less otherwise. Very sensible people and yes they have big hearts.
It is a sign that might internalize but is sensible enough to understand and look at the bigger picture and not take an offence too personally as well,provided they work on themselves.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:28 AM
Guide

What angelic star said.

I have Virgo in Sun/Moon/Ascendant/Venus/Mercury - thank gawd it stops there. lol

I have learned that the nervousness goes, when I am hard at work, and I'm good at it. Though finding it again, has been a struggle (work where I am happy, useful, making a difference, so many aspects). & my nervousness/anxieties have flared in the last 2-3 years. Also, it feels like there is just a different energy about in those last years as well, pushing me in a good way, but sometimes too fiery.

I have a Air & Earth Element for parents. I have always been very nervous, so much so that I could not be me. Even now, that I am older, and when I think it is gone, it is still there, and I trip on things, and amuse others...& I have learned to laugh at myself - and see a light heartedness in their play.

I have been too quiet. & I have been too loud, too fast. Now, I am finding that balance.

I think it is healthy to try for your own balance with others. Not abstain, as I have over years. Nor does one need to be, all out, extroverted. I am getting out more now, and doing things to try, so I can have healthy in that way.

I internalize. My subconscious is always thinking I am always in trouble. I can't help but think I rub people the wrong way. I have lots of inner demons. #theStruggleisReal lol :p

I am an August born Virgo. I believe to self love & accept, comes from maturing in those area's over time. Or, rather in a way where you no longer have a certain thing to rely on to give that beauty, and I don't always mean externally.

It is the inner beauty that shines, that people will love you for, and it will be reflected back to you through those that are close. It also comes from those that are around and accepting of us. That last, may sound like the same, but it isn't, always. Sometimes those that we are close to, aren't always the best for us. Even if they are opposite on the zodiac spectrum.

It is something that is built upon slowly. In different area's, on different levels. Confidence can come to us through work, socializing, hobbies, ect ect, Dating, Family...

Also, often our views of ourselves are twisted. We are our own worst critics. How we see ourselves, aren't necessarily how others see us.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:36 AM
Guide

Fox Spirit, what about Martial Arts, very grounding, helpful with meditation and breath, and confidence, patience with others that are more insecure in their lives. I don't know if karate is the same or not?
Old 17-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Seeker

I'm a fellow Virgo and I get low self-esteem when it comes to my abilities, especially academic. I really surprise myself when I get high grades and it gives me a real boost, but when I get low grades I take it quite badly. I also worry a lot about what people think of me, which is silly and I wish I weren't like that, but I'm terrified of people thinking I'm a horrible person or that I've been rude or done something to hurt them. I think the key is to surround yourself with positive people and when you receive praise, then keep hold of it. Write it down so that those kind words are there for you when you're feeling down. As for signs, most of my good friends seem to be Taurus or Virgo, fellow earth signs! I also get on well with Leo, but only the males (for some reason I find female fire signs to be too harsh and exhausting). I wish you the best of luck and happiness.
Old 17-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nLuv
Fox Spirit, what about Martial Arts, very grounding, helpful with meditation and breath, and confidence, patience with others that are more insecure in their lives. I don't know if karate is the same or not?

Hi Gr33n, sorry I missed this, yes it's tae kwon do, I don't know why I keep calling it karate, silly me. It does really great for a child self esteem, they have their little chants " perseverance, courage"! It does really great for their self esteem. I highly recommend this sport for any parent who has a child with low self esteem or on the shy side : )
Old 17-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Why is it so hard to actually love and accept myself ? I have always struggled with low self-esteem and thinking I wasn't beautiful enough.I was raised by two Fire sign parents a Sagittarius mother and a Aries father.(it wasn't a walk in the park). My mom believes I shouldn't have low self esteem because I look like her I'm not confident like she is though. I know not every born Virgo isn't like this, personally I find August born Virgos to be more confident. Out of the Zodiac signs I just feel that it effects us more.
The opposite signs complement the other, provides what the other lacks, pushes the other, make a great team. Opposite signs also get into disagreements. They have similar personality traits and some dissimilar traits.

Hi.

Please let me ask you. Your mother tells you that you look like her.
Do you consider your lovely mother ugly or not beautiful in any way shape or form?

No. And you shouldn't. And so it is with yourself.

When I was young I would look at my mother when sitting next to her just spending time, and I would note how her hair was up in a pony tail, and how she had done her make up and with the eyes of a child and her daughter I would look at her with an open and true heart and tell her "Mom. You are very beautiful". And you know what she would say to me her daughter and through this thinking and her words taught me to believe myself? She said. "No. I don't think I am. You really think so? I think I am a bit ugly".

You know what she should have said whether feeling confident or not at the time? She should have said "I Know".

A statement like that, had I learned it early on from my mother, would have worked wonders for my confidence or self esteem.

Your inherent beauty is not in any way shape or form based off of anything to do with your sun sign. Or even your physical appearance.

It is deep within. It is your spirit, your creativity. Your life. Your life is beautiful beyond mere words, and I think your mother would agree.

When I was growing up I had a grandfather by blood, who would criticize me harshly to no end.

And you know what he said to me when growing up constantly? He would ask me "Why are you so damn ugly"?

And I went years and years and years believing it, and tormenting myself with it. I was so self loathing over such arbitrary negative hateful thinking such as "I am so ugly..."

Only very recently have I come to understand the truth of the matter. How I see me often times is not remotely close to how others see me.

And now when a man tells me "You are beautiful" I say "I Know." As opposed to "No I am not."

It makes a world of difference.

You look like your very confident mother in her eyes.

Think on this. To a mother- that is the most genuinely beautiful thing.

And btw.

Virgos are plain Awesome.