Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Lets hear some numbers, like are you making 20,000 a year? 50,000 a year?

What were you making before vs now working for yourself?

Let's just say 10,000 a year, or less. It is not a problem because I do have a lot of money saved so I don't have to based my decision solely on money, I can based my decision on my calling. And maybe the money will follow.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Let's just say 10,000 a year, or less. It is not a problem because I do have a lot of money saved so I don't have to based my decision solely on money, I can based my decision on my calling. And maybe the money will follow.

Aiesh that is horrible. 10,000 a year is like working part time at a minimum wage job... also a persons living expenses (with room-mates and no children, which is about as cheap as independent living can get) comes to about 8-10k a year and that's not including much comfort in life.

You ought to find a regular job and work full time, you'll make double what you do now. Also while working a minimum poopy job (yes it's poopy for everybody) use the motivation to look for better jobs on your days off.

pretty much everyday I go to work I'm thinking to myself quietly "man this job sucks, when I get off work today i'm going straight home to apply for more and better jobs!!". Then I just go home and smoke weed, haha, its a tough manual labor job I have so for my body the weed is great. Anyways the point is if a person doesnt smoke weed then they will still be having that great motivation to seek a better job. The minimum full time job has more benefits than a paycheck, it also motivates us to better our life and seek our work purpose. Our soul purpose might be healing, but we can work as an accountant to make 80,000 a year (work purpose) and then donate 50,000 a year to healing people. Sounds crazy, but so does making 10,000 a year and not donating anything.

----

It just seems like a bad idea to me to go from making very little to possibly making even less.

Why not get a part time job and do reiki as a hobby until you have confidence in your ability to make enough money to support yourself?

There is an extra burden of stress when we force ourself to make money off our love/hobby/purpose. It might seem like a good idea to put our back into a corner as a way to ensure we do our best. There is also the karma of that action which may include a little bit of self-hate, and even possibly self-sabotage (apathy instead of adrenaline when the back is up against a wall).
Old 11-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Aiesh that is horrible. 10,000 a year is like working part time at a minimum wage job... also a persons living expenses (with room-mates and no children, which is about as cheap as independent living can get) comes to about 8-10k a year and that's not including much comfort in life.

You ought to find a regular job and work full time, you'll make double what you do now. Also while working a minimum poopy job (yes it's poopy for everybody) use the motivation to look for better jobs on your days off.

pretty much everyday I go to work I'm thinking to myself quietly "man this job sucks, when I get off work today i'm going straight home to apply for more and better jobs!!". Then I just go home and smoke weed, haha, its a tough manual labor job I have so for my body the weed is great. Anyways the point is if a person doesnt smoke weed then they will still be having that great motivation to seek a better job. The minimum full time job has more benefits than a paycheck, it also motivates us to better our life and seek our work purpose. Our soul purpose might be healing, but we can work as an accountant to make 80,000 a year (work purpose) and then donate 50,000 a year to healing people. Sounds crazy, but so does making 10,000 a year and not donating anything.

----

It just seems like a bad idea to me to go from making very little to possibly making even less.

Why not get a part time job and do reiki as a hobby until you have confidence in your ability to make enough money to support yourself?

There is an extra burden of stress when we force ourself to make money off our love/hobby/purpose. It might seem like a good idea to put our back into a corner as a way to ensure we do our best. There is also the karma of that action which may include a little bit of self-hate, and even possibly self-sabotage (apathy instead of adrenaline when the back is up against a wall).

Why on Earth would I go back to a job when I am feeling the urge to follow my calling on a Spiritual path??

As I told before, money is not an issue at the moment because I do have a lot of savings. So, I live comfortably and have no need to go to a job. Been there, done that.

What you are suggesting seems to be coming out of fear. "There is an extra burden of stress when we force ourself to make money off our love/hobby/purpose." I don't know, I have never done it! But I do believe that we should do what is aligned with our truth and seek that and the money will follow. No stress.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Master

No advice here just wanted to empathize with online marketing. It's a lot of work and not much money. I did it for about 7 years and finally burned out. But I was retirement age so I was able to just transfer my energy to my hobbies.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
No advice here just wanted to empathize with online marketing. It's a lot of work and not much money. I did it for about 7 years and finally burned out. But I was retirement age so I was able to just transfer my energy to my hobbies.

I am not in retirement age. lol But I guess I am about to retire from online marketing. Completely burned out.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Master

I really do understand. I loved it while I did it (till I burned out). But when it was time to stop my creativity and inspiration were completely dried up.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I really do understand. I loved it while I did it (till I burned out). But when it was time to stop my creativity and inspiration were completely dried up.

I still do like it but I feel that it's not my life purpose. And I feel I rather do something else related to help people spiritually and maybe I can have my own website on that and use my online marketing skills to help me promote my website, but that's a totally different story.

I am a very creative person and I also feel that my creativity and inspiration are dried out in relation to online marketing.

My soul is screaming for me to finally follow my life purpose. It's like online marketing has been a relationship that had its place but it has finished its purpose and I'm not aligned with that anymore.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
I always think that I need to align with my truth before I help others, but maybe starting to help others is me aligning with my truth...
Read Goethe's "Until One Is Committed..." wisdom. He states that will and action is the key. One acts, which then sets providence in motion. If you know what you want, take the step now. No need to wait to "align with your truth," which is an abstract spiritual concept at best. Unless you mean "I haven't figured out what I'm interested in doing," in which case yes, you do need to have a clear idea first, before taking that step.

If you plan to help others in a spiritual setting, it's good to begin by learning to discriminate in a way that brings clarity to your own efforts, which you can then teach to others. Because people these days are mostly suffering from being lost in life, and are really just looking for solid, practical advice and clear direction. Unless of course it's Reiki/massage energy/body work, which is different of course.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Read Goethe's "Until One Is Committed..." wisdom. He states that will and action is the key. One acts, which then sets providence in motion. If you know what you want, take the step now. No need to wait to "align with your truth," which is an abstract spiritual concept at best. Unless you mean "I haven't figured out what I'm interested in doing," in which case yes, you do need to have a clear idea first, before taking that step.

If you plan to help others in a spiritual setting, it's good to begin by learning to discriminate in a way that brings clarity to your own efforts, which you can then teach to others. Because people these days are mostly suffering from being lost in life, and are really just looking for solid, practical advice and clear direction. Unless of course it's Reiki/massage energy/body work, which is different of course.

I think that what you're saying about providing "solid, practical advice and clear direction" is more in the lines of a life coach. What I feel like doing is more spiritual coaching, which is much deeper than that.

Because I believe that when you provide advice like that to someone, you're taking the power away from them. And even a person who is depressed or lost in life is very powerful, they're just disconnected from their inner power.

So what I would like to do is provide guidance on how to connect with that inner power and find themselves. By asking questions (helping with Reiki healing too), etc, but making them finding their own advice and answers. So in another words, be the light that brings their healing to the surface.

I've done that before with a few people and without giving any advice but only by opening them to themselves. I think NLP techniques are also great on that.

I don't know, maybe that's what I should become, a spiritual coach.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
I don't know, maybe that's what I should become, a spiritual coach.
Stop scratching your butt already, get it done

Seriously though, the way many people are at the moment something like this is very much needed. Not another mystic in a flowery dress and a floppy hat but people who can bring Spirituality down to earth in a way more suited to the target audience and their perceptions so they can connect with it - and themselves. There's a lot of dis-empowerment and dis-enfranchising going on and with your marketing skills, your NLP and Spirituality you could make a huge difference to so many.