Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello again, Debrah -

Writing back and forth is such a clumsy means of communication compared to a verbal tête-à-tête whereby clarifications can be immediately asked for and made, but it is what’s on the menu, so let’s make the best of it:

I don’t know where you are presently living, but even if there are no LBL therapists there, my thought is that you should be able to find a reputable hypnotherapist who would a least enable you to experience the kind of ‘deep trance’ wherein you could/would experience the deeply peaceful, inherently relaxing and so therapeutic state referenced above. Do be sure to check out the references of any such hypnotherapist first, however.

I hope something in what I have written is of some service to you, Debrah. For what it may be worth, let me close by also saying that it is my personal felt-‘sense’ that you, dear one, have suffered enough!

First of all, let me start by saying that either you have a crystal ball tucked away in the corner of your office or you have ‘the gift’ because much of what you said was so close if not right on the money.

At the same time, I don’t want to give the impression that I’ve had a hard life, it has been remarkably, quite the opposite. Healthy children, loving husband, a comfortable life, the opportunity to pursue interests and curiosities……what more could a person ask?

Not being one to lay blame or look for excuses, I can only say, that whatever mental or emotional discomfort I may experience in life is ‘all me’.

If you’ve ever read Neal Donald Walsh’s writings, you will know that he says that we will each have a moment of ‘life review’ and that we will watch it somewhat dispassionately, more as an exercise of learning to understand the other guy’s side as well as our own perspective. I recently came to the conclusion that I can skip that part of the next life experience because I seem to be doing it now, only not dispassionately but with a grief and sorrow at every one of those instances of unhappy interaction, that were I Catholic, I could say that I live in purgatory now.

I hasten to add that I have not, nor have ever been a ‘monster’ who walks on the fringes of society, but just a wife to a good man and a mom raising a couple kids and trying to keep things balanced and moving forward in life. And yet, like all of us, there have been those moments where I didn’t meet my own standards…..and I’m so sorry. Daily and repeatedly.

I read a little verse, supposedly from the Bhagavad Gita that says, ‘When you feel the suffering of every living thing in your own heart, that’s consciousness. I must be extremely conscious even though I have no ‘gifts’ if that is truth.

And you’re probably right too in suggesting ‘outside help’, but living in a little town on a little island where most people don’t even have a regular family doctor makes any suggestion of that nature problematic. But I say this in total honesty David, that just chatting a moment as I have with you (and with Baile) helps a lot. Maybe in part, that is the ‘secret’ of talk therapy, to be able to tell another who doesn’t have a vested interest, how ones heart hurts, just a little bit so that some of the pressure is relieved. So I thank you, for the thoughts, the concern and for the hugs.

Debby.