Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-10-2010, 11:25 AM
SandybytheSea

However .... I must also add that I have a pet theory about fame. I suspect (but can't know for sure) that many people who achieve fame do so because they had a following in a previous lifetime, and their "fans" subconsciously recognise them. Consider that there are many very talented people who never achieve fame, and some not-so-talented people who do. You might say they have good agents or lucky breaks, but what is fame without a following.

This occurred to me one day many years ago when I was walking along the street and a poster of Michael Jackson in a shop window caught my eye. My instant reaction was "what is a picture of Tutankhamen doing in a record shop window?" and then of course I realized who it was. Of course, Michael Jackson was an extremely talented performer, so I'm not suggesting he only achieved fame because he might have had a following in a previous lifetime, but it was food for thought.

At the same time, I know we reincarnate as male and female, rich and poor, etc, so it figures that we'd also reincarnate as famous and non-famous, for we need to know all aspects of being human. But still, it's a thought - we all recognise those we have shared a previous lifetime with, so if you were a Tutankhamen follower in ancient Egypt and then in this lifetime saw and subconsciously recognised him again, you'd be inclined to become a fan. If you weren't there, you might well wonder what the fuss was all about!
Old 18-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Fame is of the ego, can't take that when you go, were all equal in Consciousness, fame is only continued through the ego of others.

Exactly what psychoslice said........so true!

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 18-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Greenslade

That pet theory of yours could well have merit after all, Sandy. I've talked to a few people who remember the same Past Life as myself and they remember the people we were then. It seems that while we are different in some respects we are not so different in others. So yes, you may well be onto something there :-)
Old 18-10-2010, 01:46 PM
celery

Fame is nothing but people putting you on a pedestal. If you think famous people have some sort of VIP access to Heaven, then it would be a nice idea to reflect on why you put them above yourself just because you see them on TV or the big screen.

By the way, I'm quite famous here where I am but you don't know that, so you just treat me like another fellow SF member. Guess fame is THAT shallow, and shallowness doesn't open any door in Heaven.

If you happen to have a relative or friend who is famous, you'll notice their blood is red and stinky, just like yours or mine. It's not their fault, it's yours for assuming otherwise.
Old 18-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Knower
No, because I believe in the next time they could be poor.
Fame, ego, riches, etc could just be something they needed to learn in this life
Old 18-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Knower
I think it’s a good question. I would think once someone crosses over that it wouldn’t matter if they were famous in their most recent physical life or any physical lifes. I dont think their passing process would be any diffrent then a non famous being. I think on the other side we more understand what is truly important. That does not mean that someone who was fan (of someone) would not greet someone that they were a fan of when they cross over or that person crosses over. Right after MJ passed away there was a physic who supposedly channeled MJ. MJ supposedly said that he loved his fans and not to worry that they would be with him on the otherside one day.
Old 19-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Greenslade

Is an Ascended Master/guru in the same boat as a celebrity?
Old 19-10-2010, 10:18 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Is an Ascended Master/guru in the same boat as a celebrity?

Yes if she/he meets the definition of 'celebrity'. And it's just made me wonder - are all so-called Ascended Masters actually male, as 'master' reflects?

Now that would be really suspicious....a male dominated, claimed spiritually-evolved group....?

In reality, are these Ascended Masters actually Ascended Mistresses too?

Has this never occurred to you females?
Old 19-10-2010, 10:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
I am agreement with this also... Fame/Wealth/Ego, is for the material world, not for the spirit realms :) This I feel is what many will learn once they pass over.

Maybe they already knew about it before they came? And perhaps that was why they chose it to be a part of their experiencing/learning here in the physical, the only type of dimension which can afford such experiences...

Ego is also in that same category - we experience it here as part of our many experiences because we won't find it elsewhere 'in spirit'.
Old 19-10-2010, 10:39 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Spirit superstars? It's certainly a thought. But then, if there are Spirit superstars wouldn't that be judgement? And I would include Ascended Masters in that. Respect can be judgement, because if we respect people we see things in them that we judge to be good. Ascended Masters may be a lot further down their particular Paths than us, but should we revere them because of that?

Look at any talent show. Sometimes the winners aren't the ones with the most talents, they're the ones that the judges think are the most marketable. I don't watch the X-Factor but you can't help seeing it splattered across the papers. Winners are chosen because they have to have their own experiences/lessons of winning - and whatever comes after. Losers for the same reasons. Is it right to make gurus out of people because of their chosen Paths, even though they might have more of what it takes?

"Ascended Masters may be a lot further down their particular Paths than us, but should we revere them because of that?" A question which demands a 'No' answer - of course not.

No-one should be revered because they are more spiritually advanced than we. But may we not justifiably respect them when they seek to help others by using their experience. Would we disagree that helping others is the 'right' thing to try to do, however imperfectly we may do it? As Silver Birch said, motive is all important even when we do the 'wrong' thing but for the right reason.

As for gurus, I think that everyone going along any following path deserves to take care that they do not follow the wrong one, the wrong one for them...